FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Droid 2 Global unlock code

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By wondereye, Junior Member on 25th March 2011, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th February 2012, 07:10 PM |#121  
hell.cu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I will give him a try...
 
 
27th February 2012, 09:43 PM |#122  
hell.cu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
the same code was returned... that guy in ebay is a common and regular unlocker with access to NORMAL DB!!!

The code doesn't work!!! I feel frustrated!!!
27th February 2012, 09:47 PM |#123  
erfannf2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
Donate to Me
More
As it have been told before, BAD ESN phones won't unlock with these codes. Verizon changes codes for this type of phones and we should use Turbo SIM!!!
28th February 2012, 09:15 AM |#124  
Gasai Yuno's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfannf2

As it have been told before, BAD ESN phones won't unlock with these codes. Verizon changes codes for this type of phones and we should use Turbo SIM!!!

This is clearly wrong.

Whether the phone is blacklisted by Verizon or not does not affect the SIM lock codes. Many “bad ESN”-tagged phones were successfully unlocked with codes purchased from online sellers.
28th February 2012, 02:04 PM |#125  
hell.cu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

This is clearly wrong.

Whether the phone is blacklisted by Verizon or not does not affect the SIM lock codes. Many “bad ESN”-tagged phones were successfully unlocked with codes purchased from online sellers.

@Gasi Yuno..

So, what is the reason why some of them can be unlocked and some of them can not!!!

BR
28th February 2012, 04:51 PM |#126  
Gasai Yuno's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
Some of them had their codes altered, that's all. VZW cannot magically alter the unlock code on a phone that doesn't have internet access. Now, if you bought the D2G and instead of unlocking it first decided to set up WiFi, you obviously can get those codes changed accidentally if it's really done OTA.

I somehow doubt it, though, and I think the codes are just wrong. I.e. the phone had some other code flashed into it at the factory, not the one that is in the database.

There's no reliable way to confirm that VZW changes the codes OTA, is there?
28th February 2012, 06:16 PM |#127  
erfannf2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

This is clearly wrong.

Whether the phone is blacklisted by Verizon or not does not affect the SIM lock codes. Many “bad ESN”-tagged phones were successfully unlocked with codes purchased from online sellers.

A Motorola staff said that to me. And I think it is true. It relates to the state of the phone and the reason of BAD ESN. I think it might be changed when a phone is lost or stolen but would not change if it has unpaid bills. Only a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

Some of them had their codes altered, that's all. VZW cannot magically alter the unlock code on a phone that doesn't have internet access. Now, if you bought the D2G and instead of unlocking it first decided to set up WiFi, you obviously can get those codes changed accidentally if it's really done OTA.

I somehow doubt it, though, and I think the codes are just wrong. I.e. the phone had some other code flashed into it at the factory, not the one that is in the database.

There's no reliable way to confirm that VZW changes the codes OTA, is there?

Why not? There is no need to change the code inside the phone. It simply needs to change the code in VZW database WHEN IT MARKED AS BAD ESN. And when you purchase a unlock code, every body retrieves the changed code not actual one. Could it be like that????
28th February 2012, 07:37 PM |#128  
Gasai Yuno's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
The code sellers do not use VZW's actual database. They use leaked ones. That's #1.

#2, bad ESN means the ESN (MEID) which is the CDMA ID of the phone (like IMEI for GSM) is blacklisted in VZW's database and cannot be activated within their network.

Please do tell me how exactly can you change the code in a phone that is lying down in a box in, say, Poland with no WiFi set up and no CDMA networks around.
28th February 2012, 08:30 PM |#129  
hell.cu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
common unlockers only have access to Motorola DB.. they have no access to Verizon Database.. So.. Verizon change the codes!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

i mean change the codes when the phone is given by Motorola. I actually doubt that the can change the codes OTA... It seems impossible!!!
28th February 2012, 08:32 PM |#130  
erfannf2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

The code sellers do not use VZW's actual database. They use leaked ones. That's #1.

#2, bad ESN means the ESN (MEID) which is the CDMA ID of the phone (like IMEI for GSM) is blacklisted in VZW's database and cannot be activated within their network.

Please do tell me how exactly can you change the code in a phone that is lying down in a box in, say, Poland with no WiFi set up and no CDMA networks around.

I'm not insisting on that VZW changes codes in the phone. I said they might change codes in their DB. Consider this condition:

A phone is marked BAD ESN and not turned on on the network and somebody tries to UNLOCK it. And it will be successful. As I experienced with a BAD ESN one.

A phone is marked BAD ESN and accidentally turns on and tries to access VZW network (say on CDMA via USSD codes or WiFi) and a code is being sent to it to change UNLOCK CODE via a bootloader or ROM command. (There are many unlock methods for unlocking SAMSUNG devices via ROM). Furthermore, A Motorola staff told me VZW might change BAD ESN phones codes OTA! I experienced this condition too. And hope using Turbo SIM helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell.cu

common unlockers only have access to Motorola DB.. they have no access to Verizon Database.. So.. Verizon change the codes!!!!!

Yes. I've contacted 3 different code providers and they said that they are using Motorola DBs. Say Motorola DBs and VZW initial DBs.
2nd March 2012, 05:17 AM |#131  
hell.cu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I can tell you as a fact that some companies don't allow Motorola to give their code for a fee... For example YOU wont find any correct code for any MOTOROLA phone from At&T or T-Mobile in Motorola`s DB. I believe they have some kind of agreement.

I believe that some phones (the old ones) use the Normal Motorola codes, and some of them (like mine) have different codes...

Behind the Battery their is a manufacturing year...

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d2g, locked
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes