[APP][2.3+][V3.1.1] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assistant

OP brandall

28th February 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #111  
Scott AFB
Thanks Meter: 30

269 posts
More
Willing to help beta test this. I work for USAF and my phone is everything for appointments our navigation when traveling.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
28th February 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Great stuff. Count me on for beta testing. Not sure if this is valid for utter!, but it'd be more than glad to make a Brazilian Portuguese tranlsation for menus and such.
Last edited by maurituna; 28th February 2012 at 03:36 PM.
28th February 2012, 10:12 AM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 9

146 posts
More
reserved...
28th February 2012, 10:48 AM   |  #114  
Flag Ghent
Thanks Meter: 0

306 posts
More
Just logged in to give kudo's to the dev working on this. This is IMO the best way to integrate voice controlled actions on Android.

Great job!

Edit: I'm working on a home automation app for a specific system, and when the interface is ready I will incorporate it in the app.
Last edited by magicdroid; 28th February 2012 at 10:51 AM.
28th February 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #115  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 338

1,968 posts
More
Very nice, looking forward to this (:
28th February 2012, 12:17 PM   |  #116  
Thanks Meter: 122

355 posts
Random question. Will this be open sourced? Is it already and I just missed it?

/random question
29th February 2012, 11:30 AM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
I too have tried all the Siri clones on the market and this one seems to be better. Good Luck and you are doing a great job!
29th February 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #118  
Flag Pontypridd
Thanks Meter: 245

1,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboJoe

Random question. Will this be open sourced? Is it already and I just missed it?

/random question

I don't think it is, or will be, as the developer rightly wants to make some money for the hard work they are putting in and if it was open sourced people could copycat the application and not only flood the market but if those versions contained malware also damage the source products reputation by association.

Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk
29th February 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #119  
Thanks Meter: 122

355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermentality

I don't think it is, or will be, as the developer rightly wants to make some money for the hard work they are putting in and if it was open sourced people could copycat the application and not only flood the market but if those versions contained malware also damage the source products reputation by association.

Dave

That's a very strange thing to say while typing on an open source operating system, isn't it?

Open source != free (as in beer), and using the same source != using the same trademark. Copycats would be missing one major component, anyway: the developer. If I have a bug or a suggestion, I can't go to the guy copying someone's source, can I? I don't mean to type this to convince the dev to open source it, only to clear up the obvious misconceptions you seem to have regarding open source software. Obviously, the dev will do whatever he feels like with his software.

And, hey, it makes no difference to me either way, I'm still excited about the product! :)
29th February 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #120  
Flag Pontypridd
Thanks Meter: 245

1,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboJoe

That's a very strange thing to say while typing on an open source operating system, isn't it?

Open source != free (as in beer), and using the same source != using the same trademark. Copycats would be missing one major component, anyway: the developer. If I have a bug or a suggestion, I can't go to the guy copying someone's source, can I? I don't mean to type this to convince the dev to open source it, only to clear up the obvious misconceptions you seem to have regarding open source software. Obviously, the dev will do whatever he feels like with his software.

And, hey, it makes no difference to me either way, I'm still excited about the product! :)

Nope, not strange at all. Because an operating system is open source doesn't mean the apps need to be too. Google gets their money out of ads so they can afford to give android away but the app developers also need a way to profit from their work if of course they don't give it away

I don't have misconceptions about open source btw though, my point was primarily that if he makes source available then other people would be able to profit monetarily from his work and create an influx of competition which would of course mean less reward for his work. But sometimes I'm not good at explaining what I mean though I do try.

I don't think there are that many open source android apps that do well for the developer but if there are then apologies in advance.

Its just if a developer has written something unique or superior to similar applications and wants to make something from it then open sourcing it doesn't seem the way they do it.

Dave

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, command, speech, utter, voice assistant
Previous Thread Next Thread