XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Please

Tip us?

jokerofchaos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help Please

I somehow messed up my photon. It says failed to boot 2 starting RSD mode. I try to use RSD lite, and flash the sbf and it fails to re-enumration (sorry forgot how to spell it) But when I pull the battery and it boots back into rsd mode I tried to flash derpunlocker and it says failed to boot 0x2004 after it boots back up. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. (Sorry if I sound dumb)

androiderb89
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerofchaos View Post
I somehow messed up my photon. It says failed to boot 2 starting RSD mode. I try to use RSD lite, and flash the sbf and it fails to re-enumration (sorry forgot how to spell it) But when I pull the battery and it boots back into rsd mode I tried to flash derpunlocker and it says failed to boot 0x2004 after it boots back up. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. (Sorry if I sound dumb)
Is your photon unlocked? Does it show "unlocked" when you turn on your device? You might be able to flash the recovery if unlocked and then flash a rom

jokerofchaos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
No it doesn't say unlocked. It gives me some weird thing when trying to unlock it.

Svf 116:1:2
and then something about sec_exception b655

I will try to take a picture of it somehow to show or get the exact error it is giving me. Because it won't do anything but give me errors in rsd lite.

devastatorx
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Sounds like you flashed the electrify bootloader unlock. Double check the file you flashed when you started getting this error.

Sent from my MB855

Previous Devices: ADP G1 CM6 | GarminFone rooted | Moto CliqXT rooted running 2.1 | HTC Droid Eris rooted running 2.2.1 | Moto Droid rooted running 2.2.1 | HTC HD2 OzDroid ROM 2.15 Radio JDMode 1.0 Android | HTC Evo 4g CM7 | Samsung Epic 4G E.R.A. EI22 | Motorola Photon 4g CM9

Current Devices: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 on Liquid Smooth Stable | Nook Color on Jelly Bean AOSP dualbooting NookBuntu 0.3 from SD

jokerofchaos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastatorx View Post
Sounds like you flashed the electrify bootloader unlock. Double check the file you flashed when you started getting this error.

Sent from my MB855
It is supposedly the one for the photon. I checked it again to make sure.

jokerofchaos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I tried it just a minute ago. I was using derpunlocker.sbf It gave me the error on my phone (i'd take a picture but I don't have a way) The error it is giving me is
SVF: 106:1:2
sec_exception: b655, eddc, eb
On rsd lite it says phone did not re-enumerate after RAM downloader was sent. (0x703E)

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Go get 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7. Go back to Stock!!!

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)

jokerofchaos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000 View Post
Go get 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7. Go back to Stock!!!
I've tried that before and it gives me the same error, but I will try one more time.

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
OK, take a deep breath!!!

I'm uploading zip file you need. Not to insult you, take it, unzip it where you know where it is. (f**k, file too big, get if from Shabby!)

1. (Important) Make sure you charge your battery 100%
2. On PC, bring up RSDLite, upper left side, open that file. After you open it, it should come up in large box on upper right!
3. Holding down Voulme Down Button, power on phone, keep holding both down. You will see "Fastboot". release buttons. press volume down until you see "Android Recovery". Press the power button.
4. You will get triangle with "!" in the middle and little green android dude. Hook phone up to computer.
5. On Phone, Press Volume up and down at same time!
6. On computer in RSDLite, phone will come up in bottom box. click it. You shouldl see in on left next to box in step 2 above.
7. On phone, there is an option to initialize or something, do that. (cannot remember the exact words? sorry)
8. On Computer, upper right of RSDLite, click button to flash or install (again, I cannot remember exact words)

Go get a beer and come back in 30 minutes, all good. I actually came back every 5 minutes and shook the mouse so desktop did not go to sleep!)

Oh, I forgot, do not use USB on front of desktop, not enough power.

Trust me, it took Shabby, Joker, and Deedscreen 2 days to un-f**k me, I know the feeling of having a brick! anything else my e-mail is davidksims@gmail.com and I got ya!

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)
The Following User Says Thank You to dsims7_2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jokerofchaos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It gave me an error again. Should i use a desktop instead of a laptop? And does it matter if I have a sd card in the phone?