5,595,000 Members 39,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NEW!! TUTORIAL touch dual neon 200 android froyo full running NEW!!

Tip us?

Sectumsempra82
Old
(Last edited by Sectumsempra82; 25th February 2012 at 09:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default NEW!! TUTORIAL touch dual neon 200 android froyo full running NEW!!

ONLY FOR NEON USERS

Hi everybody this is my first thread not because I'm lazy (that's also true but is a long story ). I managed to run android froyo on a htc touch dual neon 200 and now I'll show you how.

[SIZE="5"]THIS TUTORIAL IS USING FILES AND SOM COPIED PARTS FROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1002683 IF THAT'S AGAINST THE RULE I HOPE THAT VSAVICHEV WILL COMPLETE HIS TUTORIAL WITH MINE[/SIZE]

-YOU NEED A 2G AT LEAST MICRO SD (SDHC NOT TESTED)

-First of all update your radio with the last one and do the Hardspl, you can find lots of tutorials on this forum so I'll just skip over that.

-Download the NEON.zip file at the end of this tutorial.

-Download the android version from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/andr...1-08-29-froyo/ , I used the system-froyo-eu-odex-29-08-11_19-patched.tgz version but if you find a newest one you probably can use that one without issues.

-Connect your htc neon to computer and go to the micro sd dir

-Now open NEON.zip and choice the .NBH file according to your phone version, then put it in the root of the micro sd.

-Rename the .NBH file you just moved as NEONIMAGE.NBH

-Create a new folder called andboot

-Rename the android os you downloaded as androidinstall.(the extention it already has, commonly is .tgz)

-Place the androidinstall.tgz file in the andboot dir

-Shut down the phone

-Hold camera button and press power button until it turns on

-Then phone will detect itself that there is a firmware is on your SD card and will ask your to press POWER button, so press it. Flashing takes about 20 seconds, after it's over pull the battery or press reset.

-Turn device on and wait until i says "Hold down Volume Up or DPad Center to launch installer" press and hold central button, you'll see installer menu. If you missed yo press button- reset and press it directly after seeing some output on the screen.
Choose Data & Sys on "(*) NAND" and press Install android, then answer yes twice. Now installation process is started, wait for a minute or so.

-And at last after installation is over press Quit, first boot takes some time so be patient. Then enjoy your Android.

IMPORTANT

You will not have a menu key whith this O.S. so download Buttonr Remapper for android, install it and define a button from the keypad as menu button. (ex. I used the enter button because is almost useless but you cand define any other button this way)

ENJOY

EDIT:

instead of installing the os on internal memory you must choice the sd card because neon 200 has 256 mb of internal memory, that means you have about 15 or 20 mb of free space after installing.

EDIT 2:

the install has to be made on the img files.. still some apps don't want to insall.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NEON.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.47 MB, 275 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sectumsempra82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vsavichev
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Well, i'm not angry, actually i'm happy, that someone used my work. What is interesting for me, is how did you use my files for neon, i thought there is different hardware. Was i wrong?

blackpac
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Nice to see you here (-:

Is there an updated version of your android ROM?

P.S.

The link in post is not valid

vsavichev
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Well, my Nike is dead, so there is no chance that i continue work on the kernel, now i am really happy with HD2. So on the Nikes thread i just looking sometimes, if someone continues my work to help him if needed.

Sectumsempra82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Tryin' out gingerbread version, cross you fingers for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Sectumsempra82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]