No registration required

Teamwin

OP shizkoff777

28th February 2012, 11:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag elizabethton
Thanks Meter: 5,536

2,538 posts
Does anyone have a copy of teamwin recovery 1.1.1 I've tried getting it from the site but no go I don't know if it matters but i have hboot1.5

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
Last edited by shizkoff777; 28th February 2012 at 11:34 AM.
28th February 2012, 11:44 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,108

1,676 posts
More
Have you tried this link on the site?
Under: PROJECTS (Tab) -> TWRP -> TWRP 1.x
http://teamw.in/project/twrp/67

Why wouldn't you want the latest one or latest with Dumlock?
Last edited by mpgrimm2; 28th February 2012 at 11:51 AM.
28th February 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag elizabethton
Thanks Meter: 5,536

2,538 posts
I heard bad things about the newest is it ok ,dies flash GUI do a good job flashing recoverys

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
28th February 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,108

1,676 posts
More
Flashimage works well for flashing recoveries and kernels before a ROM. I've used it and it works well & as advertised, but u can't just enter recovery to restore a backup with it (need fastboot). I've used Cwm 4.0.1.4, Cwm Touch 5.0.8.2 (no usb mount/charging), and TWRP 2.0RC1 (with & w/o Dumlock).

Now, imo, I don't prefer to rely on FlashImage with S-On and think that all new HTC Unlocked/S-On users need to get experience flashing & booting to recovery via fastboot command prompt. This avoids most of the issues people experience like "my phone boot loops" & "flashed rom, now my phone stuck at white screen" etc. If ur using the correct fastboot commands all the recoveries I mentioned work pretty much the same minus the Touch features.

People run into problems not fully understanding these "workaround apps" (flashimage & Dumlock) even though the directions are well written. I just think some newcomers jump on these shortcuts and end up back to using fastboot anyway.

Currently I am using the TWRP 2 w/Dumlock and like that I can flash w/o fastboot (& restore nand backups too). If u don't follow steps correctly u can screw ur boot and have to use fastboot to reload recovery & restore backup. Other than fastbooting to recovery its the only way to fully restore a nand backup (b/c kernel flash). Note: u don't have to use Dumlock, but its part of the newer version if u want to.

I personally like the Touch screen version of Cwm & haven't had any issues other than the Usb issues I mentioned. I may give the Universal Dumlock option a go since it can be used with Cwm, but it won't be baked into the recovery. Also, I read that Agrabren left Team Win so future development of TWRP may be limited.

There's a lot of opinion in my post, but I hope I answered your question.
I'll also point out my guide/flashing notes & ROM/recovery issue (scenarios) in my signature have some detailed examples of what I did when using / flashing roms etc.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Last edited by mpgrimm2; 28th February 2012 at 03:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpgrimm2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread