Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Teamwin

Tip us?

shizkoff777
Old
(Last edited by shizkoff777; 28th February 2012 at 10:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5529
Default Teamwin

Does anyone have a copy of teamwin recovery 1.1.1 I've tried getting it from the site but no go I don't know if it matters but i have hboot1.5

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
They made me change my signature but we all know it was the best

mpgrimm2
Old
(Last edited by mpgrimm2; 28th February 2012 at 10:51 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1099
Have you tried this link on the site?
Under: PROJECTS (Tab) -> TWRP -> TWRP 1.x
http://teamw.in/project/twrp/67

Why wouldn't you want the latest one or latest with Dumlock?

shizkoff777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5529
I heard bad things about the newest is it ok ,dies flash GUI do a good job flashing recoverys

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
They made me change my signature but we all know it was the best

mpgrimm2
Old
(Last edited by mpgrimm2; 28th February 2012 at 02:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1099
Flashimage works well for flashing recoveries and kernels before a ROM. I've used it and it works well & as advertised, but u can't just enter recovery to restore a backup with it (need fastboot). I've used Cwm 4.0.1.4, Cwm Touch 5.0.8.2 (no usb mount/charging), and TWRP 2.0RC1 (with & w/o Dumlock).

Now, imo, I don't prefer to rely on FlashImage with S-On and think that all new HTC Unlocked/S-On users need to get experience flashing & booting to recovery via fastboot command prompt. This avoids most of the issues people experience like "my phone boot loops" & "flashed rom, now my phone stuck at white screen" etc. If ur using the correct fastboot commands all the recoveries I mentioned work pretty much the same minus the Touch features.

People run into problems not fully understanding these "workaround apps" (flashimage & Dumlock) even though the directions are well written. I just think some newcomers jump on these shortcuts and end up back to using fastboot anyway.

Currently I am using the TWRP 2 w/Dumlock and like that I can flash w/o fastboot (& restore nand backups too). If u don't follow steps correctly u can screw ur boot and have to use fastboot to reload recovery & restore backup. Other than fastbooting to recovery its the only way to fully restore a nand backup (b/c kernel flash). Note: u don't have to use Dumlock, but its part of the newer version if u want to.

I personally like the Touch screen version of Cwm & haven't had any issues other than the Usb issues I mentioned. I may give the Universal Dumlock option a go since it can be used with Cwm, but it won't be baked into the recovery. Also, I read that Agrabren left Team Win so future development of TWRP may be limited.

There's a lot of opinion in my post, but I hope I answered your question.
I'll also point out my guide/flashing notes & ROM/recovery issue (scenarios) in my signature have some detailed examples of what I did when using / flashing roms etc.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mpgrimm2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]