Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

OP fjfalcon

28th February 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #1071  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 81
 
469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pables123

me too my battery dont last for a day.

Me too
But it is not always the same... I had "normal" battery last (10 to 12hours in normal use) but sometime it uses a lots more
one day the battery drop from 50 to 15% in 1hour (maybe one and a half) of heavy use... But after a reboot it come back to normal.
Which rom do you use? The last one? I m using the 2012/02/08 version
1st March 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #1072  
opiswahn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Is there any way to fix the tethering? BTW, what is the problem with that. Except that it isn't working
Would be really cool if you guys could fix that, i really need it, but i want to keep this ROM, by far the best i've had in the xt720!
5th March 2012, 10:57 AM   |  #1073  
kousik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 35
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
My phone application is crashing frequently. These calls ring and then the app crashes. It doesn't even register a missed call. And bad part is, after that it goes to SIM unlock page, so if I wasn't paying attention, further incoming call not possible until I notice and supply sim unlock code.

Anyone else seeing the same?
8th March 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #1074  
fjfalcon's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schelkovo
Thanks Meter: 1,266
 
841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
up =)
new build.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fjfalcon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #1075  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
576 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfalcon

up =)
new build.

What's new in this build ?
8th March 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #1076  
Mioze7Ae's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Queen City of the West
Thanks Meter: 2,096
 
2,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary57

What's new in this build ?

It's been updated to the latest CM7 development code? Even we don't know all the changes the CM team makes... at best we just know the ones that affect the port-specific code...

That's one of the challenges of the way the code is spread into hundreds of sub-components in separate git repositories. You can find the change log for each specific component on github, but actually hunting through them all will result in probably hundreds of obscure commits that are difficult to understand and put in context unless you're familiar with a particular subsystem... and well, I'm only partially familiar with some of them on a need-to-know basis (and I assume fj's approach is similar). The code base is huge and moves quickly. The exact build you're going to get will depend on exactly when fjfalcon ran "repo sync".

On CM6 I added a repo-default.xml.gz file that records the current state of the repositories and puts it on the phone--the idea is that anyone should be able to exactly reproduce the build. In theory if we did that in CM7 we could automatically generate a list of new commit messages between builds. But I can almost guarantee you don't actually want to see them--based I me having looked at them. Here's the commit history for just one of the 100 or so repositories:
https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/...ts/gingerbread
(we have to maintain a fork of this one to keep XT720-specific changes intact). In this case it looks like a lot of the changes to that one repository have to do with fingerprint detection on some devices. But other subcomponents probably have all sorts of different changes. When CM makes a final 7.2 release, they'll probably consolidate an overview-style change log.

At this point probably 98% of the recent changes could be simply called "bugfixes"
Last edited by Mioze7Ae; 8th March 2012 at 04:10 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #1077  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 853
 
3,520 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mioze7Ae

It's been updated to the latest CM7 development code? Even we don't know all the changes the CM team makes... at best we just know the ones that affect the port-specific code...

That's one of the challenges of the way the code is spread into hundreds of sub-components in separate git repositories. You can find the change log for each specific component on github, but actually hunting through them all will result in probably hundreds of obscure commits that are difficult to understand and put in context unless you're familiar with a particular subsystem... and well, I'm only partially familiar with some of them on a need-to-know basis (and I assume fj's approach is similar). The code base is huge and moves quickly. The exact build you're going to get will depend on exactly when fjfalcon ran "repo sync".

On CM6 I added a repo-default.xml.gz file that records the current state of the repositories and puts it on the phone--the idea is that anyone should be able to exactly reproduce the build. In theory if we did that in CM7 we could automatically generate a list of new commit messages between builds. But I can almost guarantee you don't actually want to see them--based I me having looked at them. Here's the commit history for just one of the 100 or so repositories:
https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/...ts/gingerbread
(we have to maintain a fork of this one to keep XT720-specific changes intact). In this case it looks like a lot of the changes to that one repository have to do with fingerprint detection on some devices. But other subcomponents probably have all sorts of different changes. When CM makes a final 7.2 release, they'll probably consolidate an overview-style change log.

At this point probably 98% of the recent changes could be simply called "bugfixes"


Yeah more than I need to know or can try to understand! Lol. I can hardly understand what the heck you guys are talking about not alone a "Github" Lmao! Thanks Mz and thanks a bunch Fj! Trying it now!

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Can somebody please post the link for the proper Gapps? Or I guess I forgot, no need for gapps?
8th March 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #1078  
Mioze7Ae's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Queen City of the West
Thanks Meter: 2,096
 
2,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger

Can somebody please post the link for the proper Gapps?

fjfalcon's builds have the minimal gapps pre-baked and the CM gapps installer will pop up after setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #1079  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 853
 
3,520 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
I just tried to flash this and it says bad zip? I will redownload and try again I guess...


***EDIT It was just me
Last edited by LibertyMonger; 8th March 2012 at 07:01 PM.
8th March 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #1080  
fjfalcon's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schelkovo
Thanks Meter: 1,266
 
841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger

I just tried to flash this and it says bad zip? I will redownload and try again I guess...


don't try.. wait for next build.. it will be today..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod, cyanogenmodxt720, gingerbread, milestone xt720, xt720
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes