Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/MOD][The Collective] Absolution-2/4/12-*NO LONGER UNDER DEVEOPMENT*

Tip us?

nightborne
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quick question....flashed my phone with this ROM, worked like a champ.

After a few days, flashed my wife's phone with this ROM, stuck at white HTC screen with 1 vibrate, no change in screen, no light.

I'm re-downloading the ROM, but the phone has been sitting here at 3+ minutes (I don't remember my phone taking that long).

Any tips? Yes, I wiped data, cache and dalvik before the ROM load.

I can get back into recovery at this point (ROM manager 3.0 from her old ROM). If I posted this in the wrong place, I do sincerely apologize.
Device:HTC Inspire 4G
Rooted Using:Ace Hack Kit V9
Current ROM:TPGB-CM20110509

RampageRR
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightborne View Post
Quick question....flashed my phone with this ROM, worked like a champ.

After a few days, flashed my wife's phone with this ROM, stuck at white HTC screen with 1 vibrate, no change in screen, no light.

I'm re-downloading the ROM, but the phone has been sitting here at 3+ minutes (I don't remember my phone taking that long).

Any tips? Yes, I wiped data, cache and dalvik before the ROM load.

I can get back into recovery at this point (ROM manager 3.0 from her old ROM). If I posted this in the wrong place, I do sincerely apologize.
Did you format /system? Other than that, I'd say possible bad download.
The Following User Says Thank You to RampageRR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nightborne
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageRR View Post
Did you format /system? Other than that, I'd say possible bad download.
Trying that now....why I didn't think of that BEFORE asking...

will report back.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

formatting system didn't seem to work, but I'm going to install 3.6 and upgrade to 3.7 like I did on my phone, since that seemed to work pretty much flawlessly for me.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Still 1 vibrate on white HTC screen, never gets past that screen.

Galaen
Old
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Trying that now....why I didn't think of that BEFORE asking...

will report back.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

formatting system didn't seem to work, but I'm going to install 3.6 and upgrade to 3.7 like I did on my phone, since that seemed to work pretty much flawlessly for me.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Still 1 vibrate on white HTC screen, never gets past that screen.
It probably does the same things you have already tried, but maybe try using the Super Wipe zip found (1st or 2nd post I think) in the Android Revolution thread. Has to be flashed in recovery. It fixed some issues with recovery I was having. Not the same problem as you, but it might help.
Device:
AT&T HTC One (m7att)
Unlocked & S-Off
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galaen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nightborne
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Galaen - I'll have to try that one.

Let me say that, despite the fact that the phone issue wasn't completely resolved, these guys are amazing.

special thanks to flapp - staying up way late with me was pretty kick-ass and much appreciated.

So here's where we are:

The phone will not load a new rom copied from PC to SD card, or from pc to phone via adb push...but it will load a new recovery image (4ext was loaded during the testing of this) from the sdcard. It will restore a nandroid backup from the sd card, and that backup works (although it is old). Phone, text, market, apps - all working.

But when you load a new ROM.....nothing. White screen, 1 vibrate (I noticed that her current rom does vibrate once on the white screen, so it might be a system thing, or nothing at all). It's like it isn't writing something correctly during ROM flashes...which makes no sense because I tried both 3.6 and 3.7, both versions that I installed on my inspire with matching hardware (same brand sdcard, same phone, etc). The only difference in the phones is that I have put mine through WAY more physical and electrical hell than hers has been through.

At any rate, the only thing I have left to try is to load a ROM from the sdcard that was downloaded to the phone via the internal browser...it's the only option i can think of now. It's beginning to look like something beyond the scope of a ROM issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightborne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flappjaxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 11,360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
At any rate, the only thing I have left to try is to load a ROM from the sdcard that was downloaded to the phone via the internal browser...it's the only option i can think of now. It's beginning to look like something beyond the scope of a ROM issue.
That is something I didn't have you do. Try that and report back

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsm7483
Old
Thanks Meter 33
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse

I am testing based on Lord Clockans feedback that setting that value to 0 in the building.prop saves battery.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to jsm7483 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nightborne
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx View Post
That is something I didn't have you do. Try that and report back

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...
No dice. I'm wondering if there are some tools that can be run through either adb or terminal or something to verify hardware issues. I did not run the tool mentioned by Galaen, it was too late for me to fool with it. maybe after I'm in the office with copious amounts of coffee.....

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

Quote:
No dice. I'm wondering if there are some tools that can be run through either adb or terminal or something to verify hardware issues. I did not run the tool mentioned by Galaen, it was too late for me to fool with it. maybe after I'm in the office with copious amounts of coffee.....
Actually, I'm pretty sure that there is something that can at least give me an abstract view of what I'm looking for in the Android sdk...looks like I have some hardware verification to do today.

mrhaley30705
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,331

DONATE TO ME
Honestly, i would flash back to a stock rom. There is a gb stock that is rooted. This would most definitely help rule out any hardware issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705 View Post
Honestly, i would flash back to a stock rom. There is a gb stock that is rooted. This would most definitely help rule out any hardware issues.
Agreed, and a battery pull could help also. then going right into a super wipe/then flash of stock rom....

good luck Sir.....g

The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bees knees, bomb rom, soul train
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe