5,595,196 Members 46,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it worth upgrading to an HTC Evo 3D

Tip us?
 
DexterMorganNL
Old
(Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 27th February 2012 at 05:48 PM.)
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 781
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymikachu View Post
Yes, mine is DHD If I were you, I'd sell my DHD then buy a evo3d.
Do you think that is worth? I could try put it on internet for about € 200 and be happy if I get € 200 for it.

So then I would still need add € 89 by myself and main difference between HTC Desire HD is the CPU and RAM and screen, the rest is not much difference, the DHD even got a 8MP camera and the Evo3d got 5MP.

Its not a bad phone the Evo3D, but its not without reason its being sold for so low price. Because I also see this device doesn't have custom roms like the HTC Sensation has, there are some custom roms but its not same as our DHD, for the Evo3d there is right now not even a ics sense rom.

So I think its not worth really, but if my DHD would break then I would buy it right away as its a good deal right now, but the HTC One X and HTC One S will be released also soon.
 
heymikachu
Old
#12  
heymikachu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seongnam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorganNL View Post
Do you think that is worth? I could try put it on internet for about € 200 and be happy if I get € 200 for it.

So then I would still need add € 89 by myself and main difference between HTC Desire HD is the CPU and RAM and screen, the rest is not much difference, the DHD even got a 8MP camera and the Evo3d got 5MP.

Its not a bad phone the Evo3D, but its not without reason its being sold for so low price. Because I also see this device doesn't have custom roms like the HTC Sensation has, there are some custom roms but its not same as our DHD, for the Evo3d there is right now not even a ics sense rom.

So I think its not worth really, but if my DHD would break then I would buy it right away as its a good deal right now, but the HTC One X and HTC One S will be released also soon.
You're right, lack of roms is unacceptable cons. I forgot where we're
 
araisikewai
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorganNL View Post
Because I also see this device doesn't have custom roms like the HTC Sensation has, there are some custom roms but its not same as our DHD, for the Evo3d there is right now not even a ics sense rom.
If you want to root and install custom ROM, it's better to keep the DHD.
In the new line of HTCs, One X, S and V, there's one that is completely compatible with DHD, namely HTC One V, with just slight difference in camera resolution (DHD got better camera than OneV).

Let's hope that there's a developer in XDA that might pick this up and port it into DHD with all the ICS+Sense 4 goodness.
Officially, DHD would get ICS as well, though I doubt they would give sense4 into it, most likely just sense3.5.
 
DexterMorganNL
Old
(Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 28th February 2012 at 01:33 PM.)
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 781
Join Date: Dec 2010
Yes if we look to custom roms then our DHD got more options. But a good ICS rom for the DHD is there right now not yet.

If I look to another aspect off buying a Evo3d then I not only see a better phone, but also warranty for 2 years.

Selling my DHD and buying an Evo3d would not be to bad at all. I need to consider that if my DHD breaks that its nothing worth at all, but on other side it should still keep working for awhile and buying the Evo3d right now will not be a good idea, because there already annouced the new HTC top devices.

I guess I just keep mine DHD till at least my contract is finished, I still have until half October until my contract finishes and be honest most off days lately I'm not using my phone much.
 
-Alaa-
Old
#15  
-Alaa-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 267
Join Date: Nov 2010
Of course get a sensation /Xe or wait for The One X evo 3d is not worth a gange from a dhd besides some users have reported that they felt a little bit dizy after looking to 3D pics because u dont use a 3d glasses with this phone
A Little Thanks Wont Hurt Anyone (If I Helped You)



Sent From Motorola Razr Maxx XT910



Phone: Motorola Razr Maxx
Rom: Stock(For now)

Devices Owned: Htc Touch Pro (Sold)
Htc Touch Pro 2 (Sold)
Htc Desire HD (Dying in the Drawer)
Motorola Xoom Wifi 32 gb
 
DexterMorganNL
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 781
Join Date: Dec 2010
I gave my gf an sensation lol. So I bought one but gave it as present and I will just keep using my DHD.

When I switched from iPhone 3G to DHD that was like I entered heaven, but I think an upgrade will not have that experience anymore and our DHD will still function very good.
 
HC4Life
Old
#17  
HC4Life's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1370
Posts: 3,582
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) U WANT MY LOCATION?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorganNL View Post
I gave my gf an sensation lol. So I bought one but gave it as present and I will just keep using my DHD.

When I switched from iPhone 3G to DHD that was like I entered heaven, but I think an upgrade will not have that experience anymore and our DHD will still function very good.
Are u serious? HTC Sensation is quiet better than Desire HD. If u go to Sensation forum u see a lot of great Roms with ICS + Sense 3.6 and Sense 4.0. Why don't u change with your girlfriend and play with Sensation 4 awile until your contract finish?
HTC One™ (M7) - (sent for repair)

 
DexterMorganNL
Old
(Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 28th February 2012 at 03:05 PM.)
#18  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 781
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore4ever View Post
Are u serious? HTC Sensation is quiet better than Desire HD. If u go to Sensation forum u see a lot of great Roms with ICS + Sense 3.6 and Sense 4.0. Why don't u change with your girlfriend and play with Sensation 4 awile until your contract finish?
Hahaha she will scold me, she doesn't want a used phone and when I bought her the Sensation I though it was better then buying the DHD because the Sensation cost not so much more.

And also its rude to give someone your used phone as Christmas present. I let her Sensation just stock because its not mine but hers so I didn't root it or put a custom rom on it.

I don't consider the Sensation worth to upgrade and only reason I was considering the HTC Evo3d is because its practical an HTC Sensation in terms off specification, but its price is much cheaper right now, but I can see its not a good phone if you like have newer Android version, as certain parts in ports for evo3d are not working good.

But they do have an Sense 4.0 port right now, that's further then the DHD is, we only have an ics sense 3.6 rom which got no internet connectivity. No I really think I can stick with mine DHD, I only still have 8 months to go on my contract and I think the DHD still will do a good job. We already have asop ics.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513054
 
HC4Life
Old
#19  
HC4Life's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1370
Posts: 3,582
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) U WANT MY LOCATION?
I've wanted to buy an HTC Sensation, but i changed my mind when i saw the new HTC One devices.
HTC One™ (M7) - (sent for repair)

 
DexterMorganNL
Old
#20  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 781
Join Date: Dec 2010
Well not long ago we just had some Sensation roms, so in terms off software we are not so much behind and we will get an official ICS.

Yes HTC One serie looks great.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android App Review: Lock it Down with Lockdown Pro – XDA Developer TV

Our smartphones are our lives. They store our contacts, emails, … more

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more