OP DexterMorganNL

27th February 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

785 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymikachu

Yes, mine is DHD If I were you, I'd sell my DHD then buy a evo3d.

Do you think that is worth? I could try put it on internet for about € 200 and be happy if I get € 200 for it.

So then I would still need add € 89 by myself and main difference between HTC Desire HD is the CPU and RAM and screen, the rest is not much difference, the DHD even got a 8MP camera and the Evo3d got 5MP.

Its not a bad phone the Evo3D, but its not without reason its being sold for so low price. Because I also see this device doesn't have custom roms like the HTC Sensation has, there are some custom roms but its not same as our DHD, for the Evo3d there is right now not even a ics sense rom.

So I think its not worth really, but if my DHD would break then I would buy it right away as its a good deal right now, but the HTC One X and HTC One S will be released also soon.
Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 27th February 2012 at 06:48 PM.
28th February 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #12  
Flag Seongnam
Thanks Meter: 8

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorganNL

Do you think that is worth? I could try put it on internet for about 200 and be happy if I get 200 for it.

So then I would still need add 89 by myself and main difference between HTC Desire HD is the CPU and RAM and screen, the rest is not much difference, the DHD even got a 8MP camera and the Evo3d got 5MP.

Its not a bad phone the Evo3D, but its not without reason its being sold for so low price. Because I also see this device doesn't have custom roms like the HTC Sensation has, there are some custom roms but its not same as our DHD, for the Evo3d there is right now not even a ics sense rom.

So I think its not worth really, but if my DHD would break then I would buy it right away as its a good deal right now, but the HTC One X and HTC One S will be released also soon.

You're right, lack of roms is unacceptable cons. I forgot where we're
28th February 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:

Because I also see this device doesn't have custom roms like the HTC Sensation has, there are some custom roms but its not same as our DHD, for the Evo3d there is right now not even a ics sense rom.

If you want to root and install custom ROM, it's better to keep the DHD.
In the new line of HTCs, One X, S and V, there's one that is completely compatible with DHD, namely HTC One V, with just slight difference in camera resolution (DHD got better camera than OneV).

Let's hope that there's a developer in XDA that might pick this up and port it into DHD with all the ICS+Sense 4 goodness.
Officially, DHD would get ICS as well, though I doubt they would give sense4 into it, most likely just sense3.5.
28th February 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

785 posts
More
Yes if we look to custom roms then our DHD got more options. But a good ICS rom for the DHD is there right now not yet.

If I look to another aspect off buying a Evo3d then I not only see a better phone, but also warranty for 2 years.

Selling my DHD and buying an Evo3d would not be to bad at all. I need to consider that if my DHD breaks that its nothing worth at all, but on other side it should still keep working for awhile and buying the Evo3d right now will not be a good idea, because there already annouced the new HTC top devices.

I guess I just keep mine DHD till at least my contract is finished, I still have until half October until my contract finishes and be honest most off days lately I'm not using my phone much.
Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 28th February 2012 at 02:33 PM.
28th February 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 40

267 posts
More
Of course get a sensation /Xe or wait for The One X evo 3d is not worth a gange from a dhd besides some users have reported that they felt a little bit dizy after looking to 3D pics because u dont use a 3d glasses with this phone
28th February 2012, 03:14 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

785 posts
More
I gave my gf an sensation lol. So I bought one but gave it as present and I will just keep using my DHD.

When I switched from iPhone 3G to DHD that was like I entered heaven, but I think an upgrade will not have that experience anymore and our DHD will still function very good.
28th February 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #17  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) U WANT MY LOCATION?
Thanks Meter: 1,486

3,968 posts
More
Quote:

I gave my gf an sensation lol. So I bought one but gave it as present and I will just keep using my DHD.

When I switched from iPhone 3G to DHD that was like I entered heaven, but I think an upgrade will not have that experience anymore and our DHD will still function very good.

Are u serious? HTC Sensation is quiet better than Desire HD. If u go to Sensation forum u see a lot of great Roms with ICS + Sense 3.6 and Sense 4.0. Why don't u change with your girlfriend and play with Sensation 4 awile until your contract finish?
28th February 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member

785 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore4ever

Are u serious? HTC Sensation is quiet better than Desire HD. If u go to Sensation forum u see a lot of great Roms with ICS + Sense 3.6 and Sense 4.0. Why don't u change with your girlfriend and play with Sensation 4 awile until your contract finish?

Hahaha she will scold me, she doesn't want a used phone and when I bought her the Sensation I though it was better then buying the DHD because the Sensation cost not so much more.

And also its rude to give someone your used phone as Christmas present. I let her Sensation just stock because its not mine but hers so I didn't root it or put a custom rom on it.

I don't consider the Sensation worth to upgrade and only reason I was considering the HTC Evo3d is because its practical an HTC Sensation in terms off specification, but its price is much cheaper right now, but I can see its not a good phone if you like have newer Android version, as certain parts in ports for evo3d are not working good.

But they do have an Sense 4.0 port right now, that's further then the DHD is, we only have an ics sense 3.6 rom which got no internet connectivity. No I really think I can stick with mine DHD, I only still have 8 months to go on my contract and I think the DHD still will do a good job. We already have asop ics.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1513054
Last edited by DexterMorganNL; 28th February 2012 at 04:05 PM.
28th February 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #19  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) U WANT MY LOCATION?
Thanks Meter: 1,486

3,968 posts
More
I've wanted to buy an HTC Sensation, but i changed my mind when i saw the new HTC One devices.
28th February 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member

785 posts
More
Well not long ago we just had some Sensation roms, so in terms off software we are not so much behind and we will get an official ICS.

Yes HTC One serie looks great.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread