5,599,394 Members 38,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best case for Galaxy S II?

Tip us?

escrowdog
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've had the Body Glove case (without the kickstand) since i got my phone last year. I have dropped it probably 8 times. Each time the case pops open and the phone falls out. I think this was actually a good thing as the case took the impact, however the couple of times it happened in a parking lot the phone got a couple of small scratches. Recently the case has started to deteriorate a little around the edges where the case clicks together. Now it won't stay clicked in on one corner. I just ordered a Diztronic case to replace.

Anyway, I think the Body Glove saved my phone from some serious damage, but in the end the case popping open too much has worn out the clips.

jordanishere
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Fishes View Post
I thought the d3o gets better with usage?

Something about needing to break the case in for a month or so before the buttons get easier to push. Anyone use it for that long without the cut mod?
Ive had mine since mid dec and havent bothered to cut along side the power button.

The button is still a lot tougher to press but this prevents accidental activation AND protects the power button from impacts. cutting it would make the case less efdective.

My phone doeant have a chance of popping out of the case when dropped.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

k holley
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default best case

i got this trident aiges case lime green color and came with screen protector it is great protection for your $600.00 phone

thisisit123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i have the trident aegis too
only thing i dont like about it...is the bottom (theres no hard plastic around it so it feels a bit loose)

escrowdog
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by escrowdog View Post
I've had the Body Glove case (without the kickstand) since i got my phone last year. I have dropped it probably 8 times. Each time the case pops open and the phone falls out. I think this was actually a good thing as the case took the impact, however the couple of times it happened in a parking lot the phone got a couple of small scratches. Recently the case has started to deteriorate a little around the edges where the case clicks together. Now it won't stay clicked in on one corner. I just ordered a Diztronic case to replace.

Anyway, I think the Body Glove saved my phone from some serious damage, but in the end the case popping open too much has worn out the clips.
Just got my Diztronic case from Amazon yesterday...free 2 day shipping with Prime! So far so good, LOVE the case. Probably half the weight and a 1/3 thinner than the Body Glove. For only $9 I wish I found these from the get go. I would agree this probably won't offer any extreme fall protection, but it fits perfect and has just enough grip to not slide around and still not drag lint out of your pocket.

Dougshell
Old
Thanks Meter 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbarto7 View Post
Thank you do much. Officially best (modded) case ever

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *
NIGHTLY COMPILED [AOKP] BUILDS [RETIRED] Check out my thread Please help me have room for more AOKP mirrors. Click Here
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *
The Following User Says Thank You to Dougshell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ragnarok12
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I highly recommend the D30 flex case. You need to make a few cuts into the buttons to make it easier to press your vol rocker and power button, but once you break those in it's a great case. It's strong, lightweight, and very form fitting.

Raiden8816
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone have the cimo case? Amazon has that plus a screen protector for only $9

Samsung Galaxy Note T-879
Rom: Jedi Leader 4
Kernel: 3.0.8 Stock Kernel
Clock: 1.52GHz
Storage: 16 GB
Radio: T879_UVLG3
Tweaks: CPU Sleeper
Recovery: TWRP 2.2.2.0

JawjaBill
Old
Thanks Meter 111
My response is based on the 3 cases that have had the absolute pleasure of encasing my S2:

Boxwave Dual+ Holster
Matte finished barely there type case with a "kickstanded" holster. Liked it alot for $12, at first. I couldn't deal with how easy it was for the phone to slip out of the holster specifically when worn horizontally on the belt. While hustling to make it into work once, the phone slipped out of the holster and hit the concrete which caused the phone to pop out the case. Double Whammy! New back ordered, chrome bezel and screen spared.

Trident Aegis
Awesome protection in a big heavy brick. I didn't like how the bottom of the back in the speaker area seemed to stretch out making a little cubby hole for debris. The hard outer shell should have been designed to encompass the bottom of the phone.

Seido Active Combo
My favorite. Similar design & protection of the Aegis without the weight and bulk plus a holster and built in kickstand. I agree that the black one looks like a grenade; the Aegis feels like one. This one is a keeper.

barribow
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Guys this might not directly relate to the topic but interesting that d3o is being used in many places now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EBWGbhsuws
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 4 - M919
ROM: Infamous

Old Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II - T989
ROM: Jedi Mind Trick
Kernel: 3.0.83 JediKernel
Modem: T989UVMC6

Old Phones: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
ROM: CM7 nightly 180
Kernel: Stock
Modem: KA7