Nvidia Announces new Tegra3 Optimized titles

Search This thread

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Nvidia just announced at least 5 new Tegra3 optimized titles that look pretty impressive. this is good news as more apps n games will come out geared specifically for the extra power of Tegra3. with at least 11 new tegra3 devices already announced, the app/game production is about to ramp up for Tegra3 only/optimized titles. check it out

www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-announces-new-tegra-3-optimized-titles-redefines-mobile-gaming
www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-...eils-four-more-upcoming-tegra-3-android-games
that new Diablo Style role playing game called Dark Kingdom THD looks sick and uses Nvidia's PhysX also for realism. A PS3 port
edit: just found out dark kingdom THD is a PS3 port ;) www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/27/nv...-4-episode-2-exclusively-for-tegra-3-devices/

another great looking game coming to Android soon. this looks sick! www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-...rail-of-ibn-battuta-will-be-coming-to-android
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta

Last edited:
Reactions: R00l

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I'll probably get Sonic, Golden Arrow and Dark Kingdom.

same here. its great to have Tegra3 only/exclusive titles. tegra3 games are the best. if you look at the comments section of that article you can see everyone crying that they mad they can't play tegra3 games on their old hardware/different chipset. lmao. this is just one of the many perks of owning a tegra3 device. can't wait to get that splashtop THD also.

that Hamilton's Great Adventure looks cool also. a puzzle type/thinking game. its basically an exact PC port of the game and uses Bitsquid's DirectX11 engine technology in it.

these titles and ones already on the market or coming out is a big reason Tegra3 standouts amongst all the other chipsets. no one else has the hard hitting exclusive titles like we do. there's even rumors of Sony n nvidia bringing official PlayStation 1 & 2 games to tegra3. Sony wants some of this tablet market app/game money also in addition to their vita system. I hope it goes through. get to play some Tony Hawk Pro Skater or other titles. tekken4 would be sick.

Last edited:

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011
Yea, they look pretty good. It's a shame that tablet controller scheme is annoying as hell to actually enjoy the gameplay. I hate carrying around extra device (such as controller) with my tablet... thus, I rely on tablet controls for games... but it's sluggish and painfully annoying.. =/

I have yet to beat Shadowgun for exactly the same reason.. =/

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
that Hamilton's Great Adventure looks cool also. a puzzle type/thinking game. its basically an exact PC port of the game and uses DirectX11 engine technology in it.

Wait, since when the hell does Android ship the necessary software material for that? Using DirectX requires more than just hardware support.

The Android Central article says it was adapted from Bitsquid's DirectX 11 engine[sic], not that the game developer ported DirectX 11 and Bitsquid to Android just to sell a THD game. Do you really know what you're talking about? They likely just licensed whatever they needed for the Android version of the engine and adapted their product to the new platform.

Bitsquid is a multi-platform game engine. It already claims to support Android since Q4/2011. If you actually paid attention you would also know that like virtually every multi-platform game engine, the render is abstracted away and you use a back end that implements it. I.e. on a Windows 7 box you'll probably get DirectX11 in the default configuration, on an XBox 360 you'll get its notion of DirectX 9, and on Android you'll see OpenGL ES. DirectX 11 and OpenGL ES are different enough that you don't just "Adapt" it unless your game already looks like a tutorial on doing 3D graphics. It's also worth noting that many commercial products only support Direct X on Windows builds, even if the engine has an OpenGL backend, the developers might skip it or the engine vendor might not have it ported to Microsoft's Windows.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Wait, since when the hell does Android ship the necessary software material for that? Using DirectX requires more than just hardware support.

The Android Central article says it was adapted from Bitsquid's DirectX 11 engine[sic], not that the game developer ported DirectX 11 and Bitsquid to Android just to sell a THD game. Do you really know what you're talking about? They likely just licensed whatever they needed for the Android version of the engine and adapted their product to the new platform.

Bitsquid is a multi-platform game engine. It already claims to support Android since Q4/2011. If you actually paid attention you would also know that like virtually every multi-platform game engine, the render is abstracted away and you use a back end that implements it. I.e. on a Windows 7 box you'll probably get DirectX11 in the default configuration, on an XBox 360 you'll get its notion of DirectX 9, and on Android you'll see OpenGL ES. DirectX 11 and OpenGL ES are different enough that you don't just "Adapt" it unless your game already looks like a tutorial on doing 3D graphics. It's also worth noting that many commercial products only support Direct X on Windows builds, even if the engine has an OpenGL backend, the developers might skip it or the engine vendor might not have it ported to Microsoft's Windows.

still what I said, minus the extra b.s. and unnecessary stuff you mentioned. its nothing new what you said. so what it uses Bitsquid DirectX 11 engine. game still using Directx11...plus not every platform has hardware to push it to full limits like Tegra3.

so regardless, a great looking game.

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
I tried the Splastop HD, and it's fantastic. . . for in-network use. I didn't give it much thought, but naturally the .5 and 1 Mb/s upload speeds offered in my area do not offer any kind of usability with remote desktop software. Such a shame, was so fun playing around with.

Yes, keeping a controller handy is kind of a pain, but using the touchscreen is so much worse IMO :p

It's why I can't enjoy Dead Space or Samurai II: Vengeance, touch-controls drive me up the wall; and they look so good :(. Accellerometer can be fun to use, but generally is too finicky for me even with sensitivity set low.

I especially hate (although it feels the most responsive to me) Minecraft PE without h/w keyboard/controller support.

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
still what I said, minus the extra b.s. and unnecessary stuff you mentioned. its nothing new what you said. so what it uses Bitsquid DirectX 11 engine. game still using Directx11...plus not every platform has hardware to push it to full limits like Tegra3.

so regardless, a great looking game.

You don't understand. It's using DirectX on Windows PCs not on Android.

That the game engine uses DirectX11 on Windows PC does not matter a hill of beans to our Tegra 3 powered Android tablet. Not unless someone implements a DirectX11 software stack for Android and only Microsoft legally can do that. At best any of the "Eye candy" features worth a THD tag that are going to relevant with an engine like Bitsquid or this game are going to involve Shaders. Ditto for good looking and professional games in general. The shader technology of DirectX and OpenGL (and therefore Android) are incompatible. Spanish and French are far more compatible. Bitsquid likely pushes nVida's C for Graphics (Cg) toolset for that, which is something that abstracts away much of that so you do more tweaking and less really-really-expensive-re-writing that no THD can warrant the cost of doing. Many engines like Bitsquid encourage this so that you don't require DirectX anything to make a great looking game, except when running the game on a DirectX platform like the XBox 360 or Windows PCs.

There fore, DirectX is only relevant to this topic when for example the game is looking great on your Windows PC. It does _NOT_ impact whether the game looks like **** or the best thing ever released for Android/Tegra 3! So stop talking about it like this "DirectX 11" does make a difference to what product we see. See my point? Unless you want to say that it does use DirectX 11 on Android, and remove all doubt....

Last edited:

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
The first one looks like that glu game (eternity warriors i think?). Glu may have ruined that style of gameplay for me. Still holding off for Da Vinci :)

R00l

Feb 23, 2012
Nvidia just announced at least 5 new Tegra3 optimized titles that look pretty impressive. this is good news as more apps n games will come out geared specifically for the extra power of Tegra3. with at least 11 new tegra3 devices already announced, the app/game production is about to ramp up for Tegra3 only/optimized titles. check it out

www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-announces-new-tegra-3-optimized-titles-redefines-mobile-gaming
www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-...eils-four-more-upcoming-tegra-3-android-games
that new Diablo Style role playing game called Dark Kingdom THD looks sick and uses Nvidia's PhysX also for realism. A PS3 port
edit: just found out dark kingdom THD is a PS3 port ;) www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/27/nv...-4-episode-2-exclusively-for-tegra-3-devices/

another great looking game coming to Android soon. this looks sick! www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-...rail-of-ibn-battuta-will-be-coming-to-android
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta

Thank you for posting this, those games look absolutely fantastic. Thanks to you Good sir.

irishtexmex

Sep 27, 2010
Austin, TX
I agree with Demandarin. Tegra 3 exclusive optimization is one of the reasons I'm not going to be too upset when the rest of the tablets this year start launching with newer, better chipsets.

Though this chipset-exclusive fragmentation is ultimately terrible for Android, I can't help but be glad I'm on the better side of it. If there's one thing Nvidia's going to do it's get great games.

Additionally, I expect almost all of these games will have native gamepad support. I think Android & Nvidia are going to make a huge push this year to showcase Tegra3 devices as a legitimate console competitor, almost in a different realm entirely than the mobile gaming currently throned by iOS.

I agree with whoever said they can't wait for Renaissasnce. :D I love me some multiplayer FPS.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
You don't understand. It's using DirectX on Windows PCs not on Android.

That the game engine uses DirectX11 on Windows PC does not matter a hill of beans to our Tegra 3 powered Android tablet. Not unless someone implements a DirectX11 software stack for Android and only Microsoft legally can do that. At best any of the "Eye candy" features worth a THD tag that are going to relevant with an engine like Bitsquid or this game are going to involve Shaders. Ditto for good looking and professional games in general. The shader technology of DirectX and OpenGL (and therefore Android) are incompatible. Spanish and French are far more compatible. Bitsquid likely pushes nVida's C for Graphics (Cg) toolset for that, which is something that abstracts away much of that so you do more tweaking and less really-really-expensive-re-writing that no THD can warrant the cost of doing. Many engines like Bitsquid encourage this so that you don't require DirectX anything to make a great looking game, except when running the game on a DirectX platform like the XBox 360 or Windows PCs.

There fore, DirectX is only relevant to this topic when for example the game is looking great on your Windows PC. It does _NOT_ impact whether the game looks like **** or the best thing ever released for Android/Tegra 3! So stop talking about it like this "DirectX 11" does make a difference to what product we see. See my point? Unless you want to say that it does use DirectX 11 on Android, and remove all doubt....

I see what you saying now. plus I never made no big deal over it. only mentioned exactly what the article said. I'm only relaying what they said. which is perfectly fair to say, since article said it. that's unless you didn't go to link I posted that mentions that in there about that game.
so write the people who wrote it n break it down for them..lol not the messenger
;)

MirQoo

Feb 5, 2009
what happened to that da vinici thd which was supposed to be out in february? i dont even see it in tegra zone for some strange reason :confused:

Spidey01

Sep 16, 2011
Duluth
Eh, I'd say the article was saying adapted from an engine that does and you were implying the game is using it rather than reiterating, but whatever, peace man :)

Top Liked Posts