Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Lock & Unlock MGS Codec sounds.

OP raidenxl

14th June 2011, 01:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Just some codec sounds I found then tweaked to be quite a lot quieter for phone use and changed to .ogg format (originals are included in case you want to alter them yourself).

http://www.filesonic.com/file/121929...open+close.zip

To install them you can use an app from the Market called Lockscreen Sound Change.
Forgot to add, this requires root.

Or you can install them yourself.
The locations of each file are

Lock.ogg
Unlock.ogg

at 'system\media\audio\ui'

You can probably replace them using Terminal commands (haven't tried it myself), or you can add them to the ROM before you flash it.

Hope this is of use to anyone, I think it really goes well with the on off animations.
Last edited by raidenxl; 14th June 2011 at 03:07 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raidenxl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2011, 08:04 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
These sounds awesome. At the moment I am using a transformer, transforming sound as my unlock sound and reversed it for my lock sound. They're longer than these tones but still good, also lowering the volume makes them bearable for longer lol
Good work on sharing these and i'll probably use them when i get bored of my transformer ones.
14th June 2011, 09:54 PM   |  #3  
Elloco305's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 497
 
2,480 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee118

These sounds awesome. At the moment I am using a transformer, transforming sound as my unlock sound and reversed it for my lock sound. They're longer than these tones but still good, also lowering the volume makes them bearable for longer lol
Good work on sharing these and i'll probably use them when i get bored of my transformer ones.

Can you please share the transformer tones, please.

I'm currently using the codec ones and they're awesome. Thank you.
But my cousin loves transformers and it'll really be sweet if you can hook me up.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
15th June 2011, 12:51 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elloco305

Can you please share the transformer tones, please.

I'm currently using the codec ones and they're awesome. Thank you.
But my cousin loves transformers and it'll really be sweet if you can hook me up.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

http://www.filesonic.com/file/122468...and_unlock.zip

Thats the files for the transformers sounds in the zip...enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to mckee118 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2011, 08:04 AM   |  #5  
Elloco305's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 497
 
2,480 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
I thank you for this. Bit I can't download it. All I get is a 320 byte file. Same I managed to download the codecs why not transformers?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
15th June 2011, 03:24 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elloco305

I thank you for this. Bit I can't download it. All I get is a 320 byte file. Same I managed to download the codecs why not transformers?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

I just tried downloading the transformers sounds myself and the zip downloaded perfectly. Try it again and let me know. If not ill upload to a different server.
16th June 2011, 08:29 PM   |  #7  
Elloco305's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 497
 
2,480 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
[QUOTE=mckee118;14746083]I just tried downloading the transformers sounds myself and the zip downloaded perfectly. Try it again and let me know. If not ill upload to a different server.

Edit: got it. But I can't seem to get them to work like the codecs.
All I get is my standard ring. Lol crazy.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
Last edited by Elloco305; 16th June 2011 at 08:56 PM.
16th June 2011, 10:32 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elloco305

Edit: got it. But I can't seem to get them to work like the codecs.
All I get is my standard ring. Lol crazy.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

I got that too when i did it but I cant remember how i fixed it. I know it was something simple. Try rebooting lol thats always my first 'fix'
28th February 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #9  
Acid_Ocelot's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
MGS Sounds.
Just thought I'd share a sound folder of Metal Gear Solid..


Maybe give you more than is available...
Attached Files
File Type: rar mgssounds.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.86 MB, 163 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes