U.S. Military Thread!

OP dsims7_2000

27th February 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks Meter: 71

835 posts
More
I see alot of member's signature's with Military comments, so I wanted to take a minute to say hello and introduce myself! Some things to clear the air......

1. I was never in a war.
2. I never killed anyone.
3. I was never in Special Ops!
4. I have seen an A1 Abrams Tank, HUGE! (They would not let me play with it!)
5. When I was a member of Division Schools, I signed up for B.U.D. School. My black ass lasted 2 hours before they kicked my ass out!!! (Did get free trip to Hawaii?)
6. I went to Team Sprit in South Korea in 1982. I found that my peepee dont work at 30 below zero!!! Even if you get hooker, your stuck!
7. I tried boxing one year. Round one I beat the crap out of Puerto Rican in Army. Round two, I beat the crap out of him again. Round three, I was too tired to lift my arms, I tried to run the Puerto Rican took a liking to my ribs. I lost!
8. I went to jail twice in Japan. Once, we were all riding in a Duce 1/2 heading to Kadena Air Base and we had bright idea to all try our gas mask. Japaneese PoPo did not like that joke!
9. I did J.E.S.T (Jungle Enviroment Surival Training) in the Phillipines. It took them 6 month of canceellation before they put me in this one week course. I walked the streets of Subic Bay for 6 months! One thing I did learn, If you do not eat for 3 days, everything taste like chicken!
10. Getting around a Aircraft carrier is not as easy as one might think!!

Speaking of Aircraft carrier's, if you seen that movie with Owen Wilson "Behind Enemy Lines" Where that aircraft carrier is out at sea alone, that filiming is BS! You will NEVER see an Aircraft Carrier alone unless it's docked!!! It's pack of support ships, destroyers, sub always leaave first to support it. Same with reverse, That carrier docks first before anyone comes home!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sergent David K Sims.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	922552  
The Following User Says Thank You to dsims7_2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 355

768 posts
More
What's up,
SGT. Moonz, reporting.

Wanted to introduce myself too, I was in the Army, Active duty for 7 years (02-09)
I was stationed in Kitzingen, Germany for 3 years then in a NATO unit in Naples, Italy. Was also stationed in Ft Gordon, Georgia and Ft Huachuca, Arizona.
2 combat tours in Bahgdad Iraq.
First tour I was the Lead gunner on my Co. Convoy team, over 300 logged Combat Patrols.
Second tour I was a team leader for my commo team, attached to the 2nd Infantry div. And 10th Mountain div. In tiny J.S.S.'s (joint service stations with Iraqi forces) and C.O.P.'s (combat out posts) in Bahgdad. I don't want to get into all the other stuff but, just wanted to checkin and say Hoooooaah.

MoPhoACTV Initiative
The Following User Says Thank You to moonzbabysh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 02:28 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ghent
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
More
I too was in the service. USN from 88 to 92. Torpedo catcher duty(Guided Missile Frigate).
Comical, but I was a journeyman machinist when I got out, and for the last 18 years I have been a Paramedic. Life is strange, but it has been a good ride so far.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic233 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania, USA

835 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic233

I too was in the service. USN from 88 to 92. Torpedo catcher duty(Guided Missile Frigate).
Comical, but I was a journeyman machinist when I got out, and for the last 18 years I have been a Paramedic. Life is strange, but it has been a good ride so far.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Wanna here a funny Navy joke, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stated the Iran Navy was prepared to attack the U.S. 5th Fleet and shut down the Shipping Stright! I bet that Captin is still laughing.

Almost as funny as the Solmani Pirates that fired on a French Destroyer. The French are still pissing themself over that one.

Any way, welcome!
28th February 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag St. Charles, MO
Thanks Meter: 95

619 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sgt Taber here. I was in the army for 10 yrs. was a 26H (air defense radar repairer)
a 24N (Chaparral Missile system mechanic) and a 24T (Patriot Missile system repairer). Spent 5 months in Saudi during desert storm
I've been stationed at Ft Bliss, TX, Ft Lewis, WA, Korea, and Germany
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxsdaddy67 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania, USA

835 posts
More
I.B.M. 4381 System Programmer. I was supposed to write COBOL, VTAM for VSE but....................

When I got to Okinawa, I was put on Special Duty at Camp Hansen Division Schools. After that, I was supposed to teach COBOL at Quantico, I again got sent to Special Duty at Officer Leadership School. After that, I wanted to do Recruting to get E6 but was shipped off to Special Duty at Public Affairs at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. I guy from my hometown was also a System Programmer, got out and got job making $33,000.00 a year. As soon as my enlistment was up, I got out and got job with Rick!!! $33K in 1987 was serious loot!!

Speaking of Rick, I have to spoken to him in years, but he was System Programmer at the harley-Davision plant on Rt 30 in York, PA.
2nd March 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag florida
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
I love all the story=]
4th March 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 190

549 posts
More
I would personally like to thank all military personnel. We would not live in such a great country without your dedication and heroism. So, THANK YOU!!
The Following User Says Thank You to my2cents For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania, USA

835 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents

I would personally like to thank all military personnel. We would not live in such a great country without your dedication and heroism. So, THANK YOU!!

Your welcome! Im a Marine, but we all kick ass!

Sent from my Bone Stock MoPho 4G on XDA Preimum
4th March 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,124

4,667 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok so im sure some of my army brothers may have heard of the fobbit song as its all over the net but something ive yet to find online is revenge of the fobbit.... i have the mp3 just didnt know if it was online somewhere available, if not ill upload it :P

The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread