No registration required

[Q] Question About HTC Desire Z

OP dsmoothfreestyles

17th February 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:

I have had just about 12 Android phones in the past 3 years (I get access to whatever I want at work). The desire z was probably my favorite device. It has the best mix of features for me...but I love hardware keyboards.

It is getting older, but mine easily overclocks to more than 1.2GHz and there are many roms to choose from.just learn about flashing. You can't really go wrong if you are not willing to pay more for newer or get a contract.

sounds awesome, Yea I really like the device too, have not got my hands on it yet lol... and that was kind of my thinking about it too... thanks Caz
28th February 2012, 04:14 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Unhappy Follow UP
Guys, thank you for all your help! I FINALLY got my HTC Desire Z! So far I love it... only one problem haha... I inserted my ATT Sim and for some reason it wont connect to the network...

The phone is supposed to be Sim Unlocked and originally from Bell Mobility... I thought I could simply insert my ATT Sim and be on the go but apparently not...

Are there any settings I need to configure to get it to work??

Any info or help on this would, again, be greatly appreciated...
28th February 2012, 03:12 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,360

7,739 posts
You need to manually enter the APN (or network) info. Since its Bell branded, it only has the Bell network info built-in.

Go to Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Access Point Names

Then create a new APN and enter the following info:

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank
28th February 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
It did not work

Those APN settings are exactly what Ive been looking for because I thought maybe that had something to do with it...

Most of the APN settings were already in the phone the only thing I had to add was the password... I did that with no luck... so then I deleted the APN settings all together and entered in all new settings with the ones you gave me... still no luck...

When I plug my friends SIM into the phone it works and connects to the network which is ATT but she has a data plan tied to the SIM so maybe that is what it is but I thought that you did not need a data plan...

When I do a network search it finds ATT but when I choose to connect to it it says "cannot/unable to connect to the network at this time"

I'm stooped...?

I think the phone has been flashed or rooted... it has CyanogenMod on it, and an option to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery on it and a SuperUser utility... does that have anything to do with it??
28th February 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
The Sim I have is an ATT Go phone sim... does that have anything to do with it... my friends Sim that worked in the phone was on an ATT contract...
29th February 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Talking SUCCESS!!!
Well, I called ATT and told them I had a temporary HTC device I wanted to put my Go Phone Sim into because my old phone broke and one thing led to another and I ended up having to go to the ATT store and have them hook me up with a new Sim Card and SHABAMM! Everything works... and I'm still on my GoPhone plan without data...

The ATT Reps had their hands all over my device haha and they were all totally cool with it being unlocked, flashed and rooted! However they said there was no way to get data onto it without getting the $25 data package... psshhh... lol

Anyway, THANK YOU everyone for your help and info!
29th February 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,360

7,739 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoothfreestyles

The Sim I have is an ATT Go phone sim... does that have anything to do with it...

Umm, yeah . . . it would have been helpful if you mentioned that. So you didn't have any service at all (voice, SMS) on the old SIM? The typical issue with post-paid accounts is that voice works, but data doesn't, and that's where the APN comes in.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread