XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ubuntu Nook recovery method

Tip us?

nookermm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Ubuntu Nook recovery method

I used Adam Outler's Ubuntu program for unbricking a Nook Table. It worked, bring it back from the dead. But now I have a problem. The serial number in the device information (I assume coming from the firmware) does not match the one on the nook itself. Because of this I am not able to register the Nook with B&N. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks

C64assembly
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I decided to make an Ubuntu restore Sd and later i sucessfully restored my nook to stock 1.4.0. I bypassed registration by holding down volume down and the book button and touching left and right bottom part of screen.This brings up a factory page and if you hold volume down and n and press bottom left again a menu button will appear in green that says bypass registration. Press that and you will get to the home screen. Now you have to download an app and check.usb debugging, etc. rerun indirect script, install cwm recovery.apk etc. and finaly put the cm7 rom onto your sd. Then turn off nook. Hold down n and power 3 sec and when in cmw format cache and devlick cache and then install the cm7 zip on the root of your sd.