Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Rediculous boot times.

OP CreationArt

28th February 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Lakeland
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Does anyone else have horrible boot times? My phone takes anywhere between 3-5 minutes to turn on. I feel like that's abit outrageous. I'm running the latest kernal with 1.4 tweakstock.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
28th February 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

5,435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreationArt

Does anyone else have horrible boot times? My phone takes anywhere between 3-5 minutes to turn on. I feel like that's abit outrageous. I'm running the latest kernal with 1.4 tweakstock.

Only the first time boot after you just flashed tweakstock, after that it should take about 30 sec. I suggest try to clear cache and davik cache see if it help, If not try re-Odin tweakstock rom again.
28th February 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

3,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
By latest kernel, are you talking about PBJ 0130? There were some versions of imoseyon that took a ridiculous long time to boot because it rebuilt dalvik every time, but otherwise, I've never had any issues. I just did a reboot to test, and I went from first appearance of the Samsung logo to the lock screen in 32 seconds...from Samsung logo to completely booted and finished media scanning in just under 70 seconds.
28th February 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

5,435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike1978

By latest kernel, are you talking about PBJ 0130? There were some versions of imoseyon that took a ridiculous long time to boot because it rebuilt dalvik every time, but otherwise, I've never had any issues. I just did a reboot to test, and I went from first appearance of the Samsung logo to the lock screen in 32 seconds...from Samsung logo to completely booted and finished media scanning in just under 70 seconds.

I had this issue before and I have tried clear cache/davik cache, then reflashed PBJ kernel, then imoseyon kernel, but didn't help, but once I odin tweakstock again it fixed the issue. After that I flashed back imoseyon kernel, then PBJ and no issue. So I guess something went wrong while I was flashing tweakstock over stock rom. I don't think the kernels have anything to do with the boot time. That's just my phone.
28th February 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Lakeland

50 posts
Just wiped cache and reflashed and times are right around a minute for a complete boot and media scan. Thanks guys!

4th March 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #6  

9 posts
My wife has 5 to 6 minute boot times on here completely stock phone. Mine has always booted in about a minute.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread