XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rediculous boot times.

Tip us?

CreationArt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Rediculous boot times.

Does anyone else have horrible boot times? My phone takes anywhere between 3-5 minutes to turn on. I feel like that's abit outrageous. I'm running the latest kernal with 1.4 tweakstock.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreationArt View Post
Does anyone else have horrible boot times? My phone takes anywhere between 3-5 minutes to turn on. I feel like that's abit outrageous. I'm running the latest kernal with 1.4 tweakstock.

Only the first time boot after you just flashed tweakstock, after that it should take about 30 sec. I suggest try to clear cache and davik cache see if it help, If not try re-Odin tweakstock rom again.

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3094

DONATE TO ME
By latest kernel, are you talking about PBJ 0130? There were some versions of imoseyon that took a ridiculous long time to boot because it rebuilt dalvik every time, but otherwise, I've never had any issues. I just did a reboot to test, and I went from first appearance of the Samsung logo to the lock screen in 32 seconds...from Samsung logo to completely booted and finished media scanning in just under 70 seconds.
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike1978 View Post
By latest kernel, are you talking about PBJ 0130? There were some versions of imoseyon that took a ridiculous long time to boot because it rebuilt dalvik every time, but otherwise, I've never had any issues. I just did a reboot to test, and I went from first appearance of the Samsung logo to the lock screen in 32 seconds...from Samsung logo to completely booted and finished media scanning in just under 70 seconds.
I had this issue before and I have tried clear cache/davik cache, then reflashed PBJ kernel, then imoseyon kernel, but didn't help, but once I odin tweakstock again it fixed the issue. After that I flashed back imoseyon kernel, then PBJ and no issue. So I guess something went wrong while I was flashing tweakstock over stock rom. I don't think the kernels have anything to do with the boot time. That's just my phone.

CreationArt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just wiped cache and reflashed and times are right around a minute for a complete boot and media scan. Thanks guys!

dmckean44
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My wife has 5 to 6 minute boot times on here completely stock phone. Mine has always booted in about a minute.