Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Win 95/98/XP and Linux OSs (Knoppix/Ubuntu/Redhat etc) on your Android!!!

OP mnomaanw

28th February 2012, 10:12 AM   |  #331  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnomaanw

In the OP I have attached the SDL folder whch already contains a bochsrc.txt, but that text file does not allow you to use your own files, so i attached a slightly modified bochsrc.txt too , if you replace your current bochsrc.txt with the one attached , you can use your files/softwares by putting them in HDD folder on root of SDcard.When you boot Windows, then in "My Computer" you will see "d" drive which will have those files that you kept in HDD folder.

Hope this helps.....

NOTE: HDD folder have to be created manually.
You have to use bochs emulator to get bochsrc.txt working, it doesnot work with QEMU.
EDIT: OP updated , check again.

Thanks, it helped a lot.
28th February 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #332  

20 posts
Can anyone please help me with turnning on the application bochs?
It still keeps on turning itself off at the moment I turn it on.
I tested on the phone model vega n5 and galaxy s2...
Right before it turns itself off, the black screen with some letters appears just for a few sec and it returns to my applications screen...
I just want to inform you that the version of my android is 2.3.3.
28th February 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #333  
Flag Frankfurt a.M.
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kimo

Can anyone please help me with turnning on the application bochs?
It still keeps on turning itself off at the moment I turn it on.
I tested on the phone model vega n5 and galaxy s2...
Right before it turns itself off, the black screen with some letters appears just for a few sec and it returns to my applications screen...
I just want to inform you that the version of my android is 2.3.3.

Ok, so you need to have the sdl.zip folder extracted to the root of your sd. Then put in a bootable .img file(it has to be bootable!!!) And then it should work. If it. Says some info and then crashes your file is not bootable. Which os are you trying to use? If its xp or 95 you can pm me.
28th February 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #334  

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurIn3D

Ok, so you need to have the sdl.zip folder extracted to the root of your sd. Then put in a bootable .img file(it has to be bootable!!!) And then it should work. If it. Says some info and then crashes your file is not bootable. Which os are you trying to use? If its xp or 95 you can pm me.

I did follow all steps correctly. I extracted the SDL.zip file to sdcard/SDL. And I also checked that my img file is bootable.What else do I have to do? I'm trying to run win95
28th February 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #335  
Flag Malvern, PA
Thanks Meter: 41

283 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for your reply. Now, I'm trying to make a folder named 'HDD' so I can use it as a drive. However, I don't get the part where it says "Use the attached bochsrc.txt to use a folder called "HDD" on your sdcard as a drive in windows".
How do I use bochsrc.txt to use the HDD folder as a drive? I cannot find it anywhere on windows explorer...
By the way, could you please tell me how to connect to the internet with windows in android?

Sorry, no internet yet, I might have time this weekend to try to work on it again.

Sent from my Droid2 using xda premium
29th February 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #336  

20 posts
Hello, I still cannot find a way to run bochs. I was told by someone to put SDL folder into the root of my phone memory. Where do I find root of my phone memory? Also, I have an img file that works properly on Qemu, but I want it to run on bochs too, since bochs allows me to access drive D.
Lastly, can bluetooth keyboard and mouse work on both Qemu and Bochs?
Last edited by Kevin Kimo; 29th February 2012 at 01:30 PM.
29th February 2012, 10:40 AM   |  #337  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 6

103 posts
More
I get .iso file (one that should be later renamed to c.img) sized at 1.37 megabytes while saving winxp vhd by clicking Create ISO image file.
What the hell?

win95 makes realistic size img file, but still it does not load on bochs.
Last edited by bmaggot; 29th February 2012 at 12:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bmaggot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #338  
Flag Frankfurt a.M.

35 posts
More
Talking
when is there going to be internet and sound? the only thing i see with any practical use at all is office, and only 95 is a useable speed.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Hello, I still cannot find a way to run bochs. I was told by someone to put SDL folder into the root of my phone memory. Where do I find root of my phone memory? Also, I have an img file that works properly on Qemu, but I want it to run on bochs too, since bochs allows me to access drive D.
Lastly, can bluetooth keyboard and mouse work on both Qemu and Bochs?

Ok just put sdl on the root of the sd ok? Good. Did you mean a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for a cimputer or special for android? Computer no, android maybe. Hope it helped.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaggot

I get .iso file (one that should be later renamed to c.img) sized at 1.37 megabytes while saving winxp vhd by clicking Create ISO image file.
What the hell?

win95 makes realistic size img file, but still it does not load on bochs.

Use better grammar please, i can barely understand you. 1.3 mb for wincp or 95 is too small that is not a real file. Pm for a winxp or win95 img ok? Your welcome.

Also, im in my phone and accidently thanked him, how do i remove thanks?
29th February 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #339  
Flag Frankfurt a.M.

35 posts
More
What hardware exactly doesn't work? I'm pretty sure its just sound and internet right?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

also, i would like to know -this is gonna sound very very n00by- how to post threads? i cant find a button and google isnt helping.
29th February 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #340  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pusad
Thanks Meter: 529

1,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurIn3D

What hardware exactly doesn't work? I'm pretty sure its just sound and internet right?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

also, i would like to know -this is gonna sound very very n00by- how to post threads? i cant find a button and google isnt helping.

1.It is hard to make an emulator interact with a device's hardware. It is not natively running.
2.for posting new thread , go to the respective section and click "new thread" button which you can find above the 1st thread in that section. It is in yellow color

The Following User Says Thank You to mnomaanw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread