Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Q] Better Reception?

26th June 2011, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Williamstown
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
I have I think a kind of strange problem. I've had my V or a few months now and all of a sudden it doesn't get move than 2 bars on the reception scale where as before it used to get 3-5 sitting in my rec room. Don't know what changed other than adding and removing some apps that I wanted to try out. Don't know which are still there that weren't before but wouldn't think that apps would cause the reception to be poorer.

Thought about an antenna booster/adapter/extension but thought I'd ask others first.

Also, anyone added any antennas to theirs? I noticed there isn't an external connection for one and everything I've read so far talks about add one with the external connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

21st October 2011, 10:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag East Rutherford, NJ
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Try updating your PRL

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991668
28th October 2011, 06:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sao Paulo

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
My optimus had problems like that too, but after upgrading my by rom, baseband stuff is quite better.

Which one are you using ?
31st October 2011, 02:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodclot

Try updating your PRL

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991668

Agreed, Updating the PRL is highly recommended.

Sent from my VM670
28th February 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 25

95 posts
Have you really noticed a difference by upgrading your PRL?
28th February 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Williamstown
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Don't know what PRL is
In reading all the responses I was afraid since I don't know what the PRL is. Several places warned against changing things in the PRL if you don't know what the PRL is.

I have rooted my phone and have changed the rom a couple times including bricking it a couple times but had a backup so I recovered but don't know what the PRL is so didn't try that avenue.

Jim
28th February 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 25

95 posts
I flashed my PRL today and could only get data to work. SMS and Phone stopped working so I flashed back to my original PRL. I think it was trying to connect to the tower closests to where I was, but told me to call customer service If I wanted to use it.
19th February 2013, 12:27 PM   |  #8  
Flag Pune

16 posts
More
Phone ROM issue on signal reception
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimReid

I have I think a kind of strange problem. I've had my V or a few months now and all of a sudden it doesn't get move than 2 bars on the reception scale where as before it used to get 3-5 sitting in my rec room. Don't know what changed other than adding and removing some apps that I wanted to try out. Don't know which are still there that weren't before but wouldn't think that apps would cause the reception to be poorer.

Thought about an antenna booster/adapter/extension but thought I'd ask others first.

Also, anyone added any antennas to theirs? I noticed there isn't an external connection for one and everything I've read so far talks about add one with the external connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Recently I upgrade my ROM to cyagenmod 10.1. It shows the signal is very poor, but I did not face the issues on call receiving/making. This is the known issue ( fail to refresh the signal strength in status).

Also faced some other issues ( phone hang while call is coming in 'phone locked' condition'.

Finally changed the OS to Android 4.2.1 & PAC-MAN 19.9.0. Except the battery drain issue, no more issues now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
antennas, optimus v, reception
Previous Thread Next Thread