5,597,397 Members 30,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][XXKQB][AROMA] Crybernation 1.0.1 [05/27/2012][ICS/GB Theme] (RELEASED)

Tip us?

fabsau
Old
(Last edited by fabsau; 28th February 2012 at 11:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
Well like I promised Iīm presenting you guys my review of cybernation beta 1:

Cybernation comes with 2 versions. this makes the rom more induvidual. Iīve tested twice versions but I will start with the aroma-installer

Aroma is AMAZING because of arome is the installation very easy!!!
But crybert I recommend you to include more mods like the ICS - Theme by Ravoxx, iphone sounds, exended status bar mod and other kernels. Or you visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409605 , there nikagl listed all revelant mods, maybe you find something you will add.
Then you should add the possibility if you donīt use a bootanimation that you will able to disable the boot sound. Itīs very strange if you dont have a bootanimation but a bootsound
Additionally if I choose the custom installation that then I will be able to choose between the standard and the lite version, too. For example it is impossible to install the BatteryBar mod with the Lite version

Lite-Version:

The Lite-Version is awesome! You left really only the apps which the phone needs to boot. The phone is running very smooth!
The phone apk has got directly after the first boot a fc! I think itīs because of the phone.apk is installed twice.
Fortunually I didnīt have an other bug/fc
The benchmarks are pretty the same as in the standard edition, but crybert made alot of new space for other apps with the lite version.
I donīt have any ideas to make the lite version better because Iīm completly satisfied with it.

Standard:
Well the standard-edition is gorgeous!
I didnīt find any bug! (but there is phone.apk installed twice, too)
But you can change in my opinion the boot-sound. I think it isnt fitting with the bootanimation...
Then you should remove in the power menu the download mode, because it doesnīt work

All in all I really like cybernation It offers you a really simple installation and aroma could replace the broodconfigurator, which I really like. The rom itself offers you a clean kq1 with the "lite-version"
The standard edition offers you the same things like other roms are offering, too but without any bugs and with aroma =)
BUT I donīt know anything about the init.d scripts which crybert made, but may they make a big change? I donīt really know this
AND we all have to keep in head that this is the first public version so donīt forget that this rom could have a big potential. And I think we all can agree that for a first build it is a very good launch, isnīt ?
Besides all of this I finaly think that this rom will be my second or third favorite one. Crybert if you suceed in making your rom more induvidualistic, you will become my favorite one!!! I predict that your rom will become famous like cranium and brood or maybe more if you keep this way!

To make your rom more induvidualistic you can add new animitions, customize some apps like settings or other stock apps, making your own theme and other things!

Then I promised to upload the rom on zippyshare. Here is the link:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/21792774/file.html
For the record again:

Its only my opinion/ideas/point of view! I dont want to offend someone espacially not you crybert!
If you have a question about my opinion I will explain it to you in German again

Greets fabsau
The Following User Says Thank You to fabsau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

broodplank1337
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsau View Post
Well like I promised Iīm presenting you guys my review of cybernation beta 1:

Cybernation comes with 2 versions. this makes the rom more induvidual. Iīve tested twice versions but I will start with the aroma-installer

Aroma is AMAZING because of arome is the installation very easy!!!
But cybert I recommend you to include more mods like the ICS - Theme by Ravoxx, iphone sounds, exended status bar mod and other kernels. Or you visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409605 , there nikagl listed all revelant mods, maybe you find something you will add.
Then you should add the possibility if you donīt use a bootanimation that you will able to disable the boot sound. Itīs very strange if you dont have a bootanimation but a bootsound
Additionally if I choose the custom installation that then I will be able to choose between the standard and the lite version, too. For example it is impossible to install the BatteryBar mod with the Lite version

Lite-Version:

The Lite-Version is awesome! You left really only the apps which the phone needs to boot. The phone is running very smooth!
The phone apk has got directly after the first boot a fc! I think itīs because of the phone.apk is installed twice.
Fortunually I didnīt have an other bug/fc
The benchmarks are pretty the same as in the standard edition, but cybert made alot of new space for other apps with the lite version.
I donīt have any ideas to make the lite version better because Iīm completly satisfied with it.

Standard:
Well the standard-edition is gorgeous!
I didnīt find any bug! (but there is phone.apk installed twice, too)
But you can change in my opinion the boot-sound. I think it isnt fitting with the bootanimation...
Then you should remove in the power menu the download mode, because it doesnīt work

All in all I really like cybernation It offers you a really simple installation and aroma could replace the broodconfigurator, which I really like. The rom itself offers you a clean kq1 with the "lite-version"
The standard edition offers you the same things like other roms are offering, too but without any bugs and with aroma =)
BUT I donīt know anything about the init.d scripts which cybert made, but may they make a big change? I donīt really know this
AND we all have to keep in head that this is the first public version so donīt forget that this rom could have a big potential. And I think we all can agree that for a first build it is a very good launch, isnīt ?
Besides all of this I finaly think that this rom will be my second or third favorite one. Cybert if you suceed in making your rom more induvidualistic, you will become my favorite one!!! I predict that your rom will become famous like cranium and brood or maybe more if you keep this way!

To make your rom more induvidualistic you can add new animitions, customize some apps like settings or other stock apps, making your own theme and other things!

Then I promised to upload the rom on zippyshare. Here is the link:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/21792774/file.html
For the record again:

Its only my opinion/ideas/point of view! I dont want to offend someone espacially not you cybert!
If you have a question about my opinion I will explain it to you in German again

Greets fabsau
Ouch luckily my configurator has more options then aroma
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)

Latest Development:

Roms:
AOSP v4.4.2 (KVT49L) from source for I9505 (Github)
- Cleanest ROM available for i9505. along with up-to-date stock kernel, also forms a perfect base for ROM developers.

Apps:
Galaxy S4 Glove Mode App (Playstore link)
- Do you want the Glove Mode of the S4 but your ROM doesn't support it? Use this app to enable/disable it easily.

Latest Scraps:
Proprietary Lib Cleaner / Silent proprietary libs / Live Thermal Monitor / GIT Conflict Fixer

Upcoming projects:

broodROM KitKat "Aiming for perfection"
- Custom ROM with really high standards, more info soon, Target devices: All popular new-generation smartphones (mainly Samsung)

For sources you can visit my Github. Or take a look at all my projects

dr.wtf
Old
Thanks Meter 116
as far as i understand it, aroma gives you the chance to configure the rom during the installation but not afterwards. that wouldn't replace the configurator

did you try to install the extended status bar and did you try to modify the battery icon with uot kitchen?

crybert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2023

DONATE TO ME
First thanks fabsau for your review. This is just great and gives me a good feeling to develop this rom further.
Second. i don't won't to replace broodromconfigurator with this ROM. broodromconf. is a great piece of software you couldn't do all the things with aroma.
And this ROM will never have all the things that broodromconfigurator have.
It should give you the oportunity to modify a rom in some ways but not everything. Or do you want to download 500mb or more everytime a new version is out

dr.wtf
Old
Thanks Meter 116
i really wouldn't mind if the roms were bigger....

fabsau
Old
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodplank1337 View Post
Ouch luckily my configurator has more options then aroma
well nice reaction . But to be honest your configurator is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.wtf View Post
as far as i understand it, aroma gives you the chance to configure the rom during the installation but not afterwards. that wouldn't replace the configurator

did you try to install the extended status bar and did you try to modify the battery icon with uot kitchen?
Nope. I dont like the extended status bar and I like the battery icon, because of that I didnt try anything. I just tested the full original one.

Well but if aroma will get more options it could maybe replace the configurator. But its only a prediction...

Theezakje
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi,

I installed your rom and is realy easy and a great rom!

But i have 1 question..
When i plug the phone to the pc there is no option anymore in the status bar to connect the phone to pc for the SD card.

Before i installed the rom there whas.
Debugging mode is activated.

I only can get to the sd card through kies...

Is it something in the rom or went something wrong with installing with auroma?

Thnx

dr.wtf
Old
Thanks Meter 116
think i'll try beta 2... couldn't get skyhigh to work with brood rom and want to try the kernel

crybert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2023

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theezakje View Post
Hi,

I installed your rom and is realy easy and a great rom!

But i have 1 question..
When i plug the phone to the pc there is no option anymore in the status bar to connect the phone to pc for the SD card.

Before i installed the rom there whas.
Debugging mode is activated.

I only can get to the sd card through kies...

Is it something in the rom or went something wrong with installing with auroma?

Thnx
Have you enabled USB-Debugging in the Settings?
Goto Settings/Applications/Development and enable USB-Debugging.

Theezakje
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yes thats enabled

Tags
aroma, awesome, i9001, rom