Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bricked a500 - vibrating black screen

Tip us?

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] bricked a500 - vibrating black screen

Okay... so the other day in class I was thumbing through the intrawebs and noticed the leaked ICS had came out for the A500... I tried flashing the ROM to my tablet, thinking it would be a cinch if I just followed the directions. No go, just stuck on Android boot logo. That's fine and all, made a back up with CWM (which i think was my initial problem with the ICS version.. correct if I'm wrong please,) but... my back-ups check sums were mismatching for everything. Couldn't get them to match and couldn't figure it out so I decided to just flash root stock version back on to the tablet and go from there using my titanium backup.
I flashed, and bam... vibrating black screen, no CWM recovery anymore no matter what I do. I've been using the SDK manager / ADB terminal thinger / EUUS Acer Iconia Tab Software Upgrade Utility. I cannot for the life of me find my CPUID, or at least the RIGHT CPUID. I understand to use software to find it but I don't think my tablet is giving the correct info, or something??!?! When I run adb devices in CMD in the platform-tools directory it doesn't list any devices available. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated. Could possibly upload a screenshot of my usb devices with the USBdeview software?

Moscow Desire
Old
(Last edited by Moscow Desire; 28th February 2012 at 09:18 AM.)
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 6,004

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDoerksen View Post
Okay... so the other day in class I was thumbing through the intrawebs and noticed the leaked ICS had came out for the A500... I tried flashing the ROM to my tablet, thinking it would be a cinch if I just followed the directions. No go, just stuck on Android boot logo. That's fine and all, made a back up with CWM (which i think was my initial problem with the ICS version.. correct if I'm wrong please,) but... my back-ups check sums were mismatching for everything. Couldn't get them to match and couldn't figure it out so I decided to just flash root stock version back on to the tablet and go from there using my titanium backup.
I flashed, and bam... vibrating black screen, no CWM recovery anymore no matter what I do. I've been using the SDK manager / ADB terminal thinger / EUUS Acer Iconia Tab Software Upgrade Utility. I cannot for the life of me find my CPUID, or at least the RIGHT CPUID. I understand to use software to find it but I don't think my tablet is giving the correct info, or something??!?! When I run adb devices in CMD in the platform-tools directory it doesn't list any devices available. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated. Could possibly upload a screenshot of my usb devices with the USBdeview software?
To get your old uid number, look in one of your cwm backup folders on your SD card.should say uid.txt.

Then you can either use the photo tutorial at androidtabletgeeks.com, or there is text instructions here at xda.

Also, sounds like you may need to load the a DB drivers for your tab.

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

assanches
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Unhappy Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a similar problem. My A500 are with the Boot "Verified Boot failed" and no way I can make it work again. He was with the ICS ROM'm trying to make it back to the Stock ROM but I can not. Please Help Me.

GermanDoerksen
Old
(Last edited by GermanDoerksen; 28th February 2012 at 02:53 PM.) Reason: left out some information
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Smile Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
To get your old uid number, look in one of your cwm backup folders on your SD card.should say uid.txt.

Then you can either use the photo tutorial at androidtabletgeeks.com, or there is text instructions here at xda.

Also, sounds like you may need to load the a DB drivers for your tab.

Okay, that got me started in a good direction I feel like. The only problem is that CWM made them all "*.img" files. There is a "system.img", "boot.img", and "recovery.img". Which one should I be trying to tear into to get it? And I'm pretty sure I have the adb drivers installed, or at least my device shows up in my device manager when I put it in APX mode, and I've downloaded the USB recovery drivers from the ACER website, along with other drivers that people have suggested.
Thanks for your quick reply! Hopefully this gets me somewhere, if you have any more suggestions on where to find it within the filesystem / *.img files let me know.

** Also a "data.img"... didn't want to leave the right one out on accident haha.**
The Following User Says Thank You to GermanDoerksen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Still nothing...

I've been trying to go through the old CWM back up .img files, but the only one I can even open and extract is the system.img which from what I can tell, has nothing to do with the CPUID. Next I started up a virtual ubuntu to try ADB out on there, same results. Even changed the vendor ID to the one given to me by lsusb, still nothing. I'm out of thoughts on this... I'm burnt out on trying to get this to work.
When I opened up usbdeview, I saw an old version of my Acer Iconia tab when it was actually working. Used that serial number and it made it through to where it said it was upgrading, but then sat/hung overnight. didn't move or make any progress so I unplugged it so I could go to class and keep working on it... now that cpuid doesn't work either.

Is my tablet a fancy paperweight now?

assanches
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Red face A500 Reborn

People,

I managed to make my A500 back to work with an update file, but forum cannot permit to put the link here. Take out the spaces of the link below:

www . fileserve . com / file / 2HUVP9D / update(ok) . zip

Rename the file to "update.zip", then save this on Sdcard and Boot the A500 with Vol - pressed.

Worked for me.

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by assanches View Post
People,

I managed to make my A500 back to work with an update file, but forum cannot permit to put the link here. Take out the spaces of the link below:

www . fileserve . com / file / 2HUVP9D / update(ok) . zip

Rename the file to "update.zip", then save this on Sdcard and Boot the A500 with Vol - pressed.

Worked for me.
Did you have a recovery that you were able to boot into when you did this? Or does holding vol - while powering up install the update.zip? If you used a recovery manager it's not going to help me at all.

assanches
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default A500 Reborn

Quote:
Did you have a recovery that you were able to boot into when you did this? Or does holding vol - while powering up install the update.zip? If you used a recovery manager it's not going to help me at all.
I did this without a CWM recovery, only stock recovery (holding vol - while powering up).

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by assanches View Post
I did this without a CWM recovery, only stock recovery (holding vol - while powering up).
Yeah... thanks but nothing doin for me. I have nothing but a black screen that vibrates. adb mode and such but nothing else. Something's gotta give eventually.

assanches
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Red face A500 Reborn

Quote:
Yeah... thanks but nothing doin for me. I have nothing but a black screen that vibrates. adb mode and such but nothing else. Something's gotta give eventually.
GermanDoerksen,

Did you try this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=17

Worked for many users.