Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

()()()()()()() everyone having the force close issue read this ()()()()()

Tip us?

appdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4,309

DONATE TO ME
"DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU WANNA flash rom ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE FORCE CLOSE ISSUE"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsngum View Post
I tried this process and I wanted to flash a new ROM. But in recovery mode it wouldn't read my SD card, and when I transferred the .zip to my internal memory and I tried to install it said I had no space.

Any ideas?
Check out my blog, Everything about Android! & Click Here to See Android Tutorials on My Youtube.
New to XDA?? Check this out!!
I hate when People don't Thank after getting help So Got help! Great hit Thnx!!!!
If You Appreciate My work Please Donate & Help me Buy A Desktop Which will help me make Better ROMs!

Haxel
Old
(Last edited by Haxel; 23rd January 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
I'm going to refrain from going to deep, but wiping the dalvik cache more than once is asinine. If you want to save yourself some time, wipe the dalvik cache first and reboot. Wiping multiple times is an exercise in stupidity. Think "battery stats" debacle.

If you are wondering what the "dalvik cache" is: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-th...vik-cache.html

If you are wondering why I suggest JUST that first? Long story short, when "pre-fetch" cache goes corrupt these kinds of quirks can happen. There are multiple possible causes (theory being improper shutdown/close).

"Wipe Data" becomes effective if some of the system(usr) data becomes corrupt, but that wouldn't be as common. (can happen)

The OP is trying to be helpful and should be thanked for it.

SKyRocKeting727
Old
Thanks Meter 304
SUPER USEFUL! Worked when I flashed some things and it got buggy. Great write up.

orlandoxpolice
Old
Thanks Meter 240
We are starting to get this problem with the tab 8.9 lte (sgh-i957) - same specs as the skyrocket - weird....and we only have a rooted kernel and cwm, not even any roms!
Phone: [AT&T Galaxy S4] Rom:

Tablet: [Nexus 7 2013] Rom:

Dog: [Pitbull Sharpei Mix] Rom: Stock

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoxpolice View Post
We are starting to get this problem with the tab 8.9 lte (sgh-i957) - same specs as the skyrocket - weird....and we only have a rooted kernel and cwm, not even any roms!
Are u able to recover from it the same way? If so copy and paste the info in here to your guys thread over there

Obviously youll need to change the links first

irishmack13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thanks very helpful

I appreciate the helpful thread. Has stopped all of my issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to irishmack13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,688

DONATE TO ME
yeah its kinda scary when it happens lol

t3chfr3ak07
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Works for sure

Had the same issue started after i flashed the alien #4 build but had alien #3 previously flashed (Note: Issue was not because of the Alien builds) Flashed back to stock and havent experienced the issues since!

weezalxc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This just happened to me yesterday. I did nothing out of the ordinary. Turned on my phone and tons of FC's and it seemed like most things were back to original. I had stock ROM that came with the phone, rooted, and with the stock recovery. I'm glad this happened after ICS was leaked, cause this gave me a good reason to flash that - which seemed to fix things

rojov123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I wish they had seperate forums for AT&T and Rogers.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe