[Solved] Disabling bootanimation CM7.1-stable

OP Myth010

16th February 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

57 posts
More
Hi,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to manually disable bootanimation on start to decrease boot time. I know there's no option in CyanogenMod settings, but if I delete the bootanimation file, will that work or will it just mess stuff up? Also where is it located?

I'm using the stable release of CyanogenMod 7.1.0
Last edited by Myth010; 19th February 2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Solved
16th February 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,623

5,584 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its already merged in source but there's no nightly for it

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to blahbl4hblah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 10:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

57 posts
More
I see, thanks for the reply. But do you know if removing the file completely will mess the device up? And where the location of said file is?
18th February 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 4

6 posts
More
File is in /system/media/bootanimation.zip but there are other considerations I'm not sure may cause problems. There's a file I think in /system/lib labeled bootanimation, recommend nandroid backup and then(easiest if you have root explorer) browsing the root files, namely /system directories and delete anything referencing /bootanimation or /bootanimation.zip unless you update to latest nightly where its an option, unless its just integrated to the ILWT I'm running
The Following User Says Thank You to olegnoleg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegnoleg

File is in /system/media/bootanimation.zip but there are other considerations I'm not sure may cause problems. There's a file I think in /system/lib labeled bootanimation, recommend nandroid backup and then(easiest if you have root explorer) browsing the root files, namely /system directories and delete anything referencing /bootanimation or /bootanimation.zip unless you update to latest nightly where its an option, unless its just integrated to the ILWT I'm running

It's absolutely fine to remove it. Your bootup will be black but don't worry.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NUNsLAUGHTER92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #6  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 4

6 posts
More
If you still need help and my last post isn't as helpful to you as you need, pm me or email jaypeestar@live.com; if you're having issues I can try this method myself(as I do have root explorer) and see if I can make it work, though my phones fairly stable atm and id rather not unless you need the help. Always glad to help somebody else trying to learn as I am.
The Following User Says Thank You to olegnoleg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

57 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUNsLAUGHTER92

It's absolutely fine to remove it. Your bootup will be black but don't worry.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Yeah, my old phone had a nightly that had an option to remove the bootanimation, which is why I asked in the first place

Anyway thanks for all the replies. I deleted the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file and also /system/bin/bootanimation file (took backups of course ) and glad to say to say it worked! Booting into homescreen in.. 5-10 seconds
29th February 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cali, Valle, Colombia, South America
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Worked for me too!! thanx!! now boot very fast!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootanimation, cm7
Previous Thread Next Thread