FORUMS

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

[MOD] Enable ICS SoftKeys CM9-Beta1 3/20/12!

417 posts
Thanks Meter: 437
 
By bodi524, Senior Member on 21st February 2012, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th February 2012, 04:51 AM |#21  
kobby2k6's Avatar
Senior Member
Dumfries, VA
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Did you try this method to turn off the backlight of the capacitive buttons..

http://thetechjournal.com/how-to/tut...-android.xhtml
 
 
28th February 2012, 01:52 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobby2k6

Did you try this method to turn off the backlight of the capacitive buttons..

http://thetechjournal.com/how-to/tut...-android.xhtml


I tried that. I belive it works with most phones. It may be because our Epic has a Keyboard that it doesn't seem to work. I am continuing to dig.
28th February 2012, 10:14 PM |#23  
Member
Flag portland
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
soft key alpha 4
Is there any body that has the alpha 4 zip still that could post it until the alpha 5 gets fixed. It worked great even on cm9 alpha 5 I just changed cause I thought it would shut off regular buttons instead they're always on. Thx for any help!!! I gotta have my soft keys back but 5 is kill in my battery
29th February 2012, 02:38 AM |#24  
xopher.hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
Ventura
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood0808

Is there any body that has the alpha 4 zip still that could post it until the alpha 5 gets fixed. It worked great even on cm9 alpha 5 I just changed cause I thought it would shut off regular buttons instead they're always on. Thx for any help!!! I gotta have my soft keys back but 5 is kill in my battery

Here ya go

Deleted

I think I uploaded it right

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G
Last edited by xopher.hunter; 29th February 2012 at 03:23 AM.
29th February 2012, 03:10 AM |#25  
Member
Flag portland
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
thanks for trying though that's a no gO
29th February 2012, 03:23 AM |#26  
xopher.hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
Ventura
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood0808

thanks for trying though that's a no gO

Whoops wrong one here you go

https://www.box.com/shared/kpluekianbyrtascbq3y

I think that last one was from the nexus

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to xopher.hunter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 04:04 AM |#27  
Senior Member
Earth
Thanks Meter: 480
 
More
Not to take away from any of the work that was done here, but what is the advantage of the on screen buttons? Just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
29th February 2012, 04:17 AM |#28  
xopher.hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
Ventura
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by socos25

Not to take away from any of the work that was done here, but what is the advantage of the on screen buttons? Just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

some people hate our capacitive buttons and this also gives a more authentic android 4.0 experience lol

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G
29th February 2012, 04:51 AM |#29  
Zeinzu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,083
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xopher.hunter

some people hate our capacitive buttons and this also gives a more authentic android 4.0 experience lol

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G

I agree with the first part, as people have different opinions. However there is nothing more "authentic" about it. 4.0.3 was built for devices "with" the capacitive buttons, thus was built without the on screen buttons, so what's more authentic about it? Just sayin.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
29th February 2012, 05:25 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Earth
Thanks Meter: 480
 
More
Screen realestate is precious, but to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeinzu

I agree with the first part, as people have different opinions. However there is nothing more "authentic" about it. 4.0.3 was built for devices "with" the capacitive buttons, thus was built without the on screen buttons, so what's more authentic about it? Just sayin.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes