Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can i flash wifi only ROM on 3G model?

Tip us?

nightmarebadger
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxxperia View Post
I'll give it a try for sure, but i'm tab owner for about week so first i want to live for a while with stock ROM so i can compare it then with ICS.
And by the way, you can have ICS and 3G too, just flash the 7500 ICS kang here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1461240.

I'm using it and it works really well for me.
If my post helped you then hitting the "thank you" button is the right way to go .

Shameless advertising of my blog: http://www.natan.termitnjak.net/

DEVICES:
LG Nexus 5 - Stock
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (3g, 16Gb, black) - CyanogenMod 10 nightlies compiled by pershoot

Tuxxperia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Is it really smooth? No lags? What about freezing? Is it faster than 3.1?

nightmarebadger
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxxperia View Post
Is it really smooth? No lags? What about freezing? Is it faster than 3.1?
In my experience it's much smoother (especially noticeable if you use a live wallpaper and some widgets). Haven't got a freeze yet, everything worked just fine.

Only noticed a few problems:
  • Camera not working (I don't really use the tab to take pictures, but it's nice to have it for chatting)
  • When you click on the "recent apps" button, the screen flickers sometimes
  • Games don't run as good as they did on The Overcome Experience v2.2.0 - stuff like Angry Birds etc. works no problems, but I did notice more stuttering in Asphalt 6

I think that's everything that didn't work for me, otherwise it's been really nice . Other users might report some other problems though. Best bet - take a nandroid backup to make sure you don't break something, then flash it and see how it goes .
If my post helped you then hitting the "thank you" button is the right way to go .

Shameless advertising of my blog: http://www.natan.termitnjak.net/

DEVICES:
LG Nexus 5 - Stock
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (3g, 16Gb, black) - CyanogenMod 10 nightlies compiled by pershoot

Tuxxperia
Old
(Last edited by Tuxxperia; 29th February 2012 at 08:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
ok thanx for sharing xp. First i'll try Overcome and then ICS

One more thing: Do you have any xp with adaptors like Samsung port -> USB port or Samsung port -> SD card reader?