Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Please HELP! Reboot Problem! TRIED A LOT Different Things! :(

OP alias4ever

28th February 2012, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

274 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay I have tried EVERYTHING! I tried uninstalling my CM9 Alpha 2 completely with Acme Uninstaller and then doing a fresh install. I tried wiping data, cache, davlik, and still nothing! I don't know what to do. I tried so many things and have been working on this for the past 5 or 6 hours today! Please SOMEONE ANYONE have any ideas? My Touchpad is fine for about 2 minutes and no matter what I am doing it freezes for a second or two, screen goes black for a second, and then it reboots. Please SOMEONE HELP! I am about to give up on Android and I didn't love ICS so much I would! Thanks for all the help!
28th February 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #2  
Market Drayton
Thanks Meter: 11

97 posts
More
Have you changed any of the DPI settings? in the build file?
The Following User Says Thank You to malctron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag South Hadley, Ma. USA
Thanks Meter: 1,405

4,053 posts
More
Have you tried booting into recovery and performing a full wipe? Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache.

Sent from my Rocket in the Sky (SGH-i727) using XDA Premium.
28th February 2012, 03:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

274 posts
Donate to Me
More
I haven't tried changing the DPI Settings. As for wiping data, cache, and davlik cache I tried all that. When I wipe the davlik cache though in recovery I get this error:

E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]

Would that have anything to do with the rebooting? I don't ever recall having this error before. If so, how do I fix it???

Thanks for both suggestions!
28th February 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

274 posts
Donate to Me
More
Shound I uninstall everything and just start from scratch and put CM7 Alpha 3.5 and then update it the CM9 Alpha 2 or do you all think that would work???
28th February 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #6  
Market Drayton
Thanks Meter: 11

97 posts
More
I suppose the quickest answer would be to just to start again reload back to webos, then do the process again. I've never had any issues like your having and maybe instead of installing cm7 them cm9 just install straight to cm9. May of been a buggy install. Also maybe before that try redownloading another rom. May of just been a slightly messed up rom you installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to malctron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias4ever

I haven't tried changing the DPI Settings. As for wiping data, cache, and davlik cache I tried all that. When I wipe the davlik cache though in recovery I get this error:

E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]

Would that have anything to do with the rebooting? I don't ever recall having this error before. If so, how do I fix it???

Thanks for both suggestions!

The error is troubling. If it were me, I'd completely redo the CM7 to CM9 install process starting with the uninstall. And get a fresh download of the rom and gapps and every file that you have not used successfully once in an install.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread