Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Sync Contact-Facebook. No pic!

OP Webmariner87

22nd February 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Hi guys,
first of all i'm sorry for my english, but it's not my first language.
I've a issue with the syncronization of the facebook contacts with the default address book of my wildfire.
I installed the facebook app, and i set it to syncronize all the contacts by facebook-settings-sincronize...
Now in the addressbook i see all my facebook contacts, all my gmail contacts, but only gmail contacts with a pic loaded on gmail have a pic on the address book.
So the great part of the contacts haven't a pic.
How can i do?

I'm using the last cyano nightly.

Please don't suggest me to use SyncMyPix, i don't like that app, it makes my address book too much slow.
I want a "clean" solution. Before i flashed my Wildfire, with the stock ROM, i visualized all the pics =/
Last edited by Webmariner87; 22nd February 2012 at 04:25 AM.
26th February 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 41

146 posts
More
you could try this app from the market it works well. you can sync ur contacts photos from facebook..

https://market.android.com/details?i...smatcher&hl=en
26th February 2012, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thank you very much for the reply, but few hours ago i solved my issue installing FriendCaster for Facebook. However thanks
27th February 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 41

146 posts
More
your welcome..
how does friendcaster work? syncs the existing contacts only or all?
27th February 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
It works great! It syncs all contacts and you can also use HQ pics. Try it and told me what do you think
27th February 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 9

63 posts
I've recently had this problem, only a few contact images were visible after syncing using the Facebook app. For me, it seemed that the photos which were synched were the ones which you have previously loaded up on the Facebook app.

I got around the problem by clicking onto my friends list within the Facebook app, and scrolling through the list waiting for each of the profile pictures to load up. Once I'd got to the bottom of the list I went back to contacts on the phone all of the images were visible!

Slightly strange workaround but now all my contact images are visible and they all update as they should.
29th February 2012, 10:22 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
try reinstalling it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread