[XOOM2/XYBOARD][HOW TO] Motorola Xoom 2/Xyboard Everything Root and more!

OP lucasarran

29th February 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Answered my own question by exploration.

During a recovery (failed or otherwise) Pressing both the volume keys at the same time enables the verbose display.

I never thought I'd be so happy to have the Verizon "HelpCenter.apk" back on my tablet.
29th February 2012, 01:32 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Just to confirm that this process worked flawlessly with my Xoom 2 v3.2.

It messed with the battery settings, though, since it was below 80% when I started the process and now it says itīs fully charged (which I know for a fact itīs not).

On another note, Iīve tried USB Mass Storage and does not seem to work with this root (Iīm not sure if it may be my USB OTG adapter, but the device freezes as soon as I plug my USB portable HD, so I have to wake it up by pressing Power+Volume up, exactly the same as before USB Mass Storage was installed.

If any of you are running into the same issues Iīd appreciate some advice about how to proceed.

Thanks!
Last edited by andario; 29th February 2012 at 01:37 PM.
21st March 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 46

218 posts
Talking Allllright!
Worked nicely for me

Now to find a ROM, hmmmmmm

IG =]

Captain's Log: Supplemental...
I tried this method twice,both before and after the OTA update,and on two different Win7 machines, worked great both times...
Last edited by Intergalacdroid; 29th March 2012 at 10:34 PM.
21st March 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 25

191 posts
Just to confirm that process worked flawlessly again after updating my Xoom 2ME to v3.2.2
23rd March 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #45  

16 posts
I already solved what I asked below. I imagine the "remount fix" is what I needed, but I downloaded the included file, put it in the Windows directory where the original files were located, then got into cmd mode, then followed the instructions. Problem is nothing happened when I typed "su", then it told me "Mount is not allowed...". Anyway, I reapplied the entire original process, and it worked like a charm, even though I had already upgraded to 3.2.2.

We noobs are people too, you know...

Hi guys,

After getting into a bunch of problems with the market today (including the dreaded "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server" bug) I think I must have deleted "something" in the repair process, since I do not have root privileges any more.

Everything is working fine now, except that whenever I try to use any app that requires root privileges (like Screenshot ER) I get a warning saying "Root access is required". I still get the usual "X has been granted superuser privileges...", like it used to do, but nothing really works any more.

"Got Root?" tells me both Superuser and Busybox are still there, but it "Failed to obtain root privileges trough "su"".

Please bare with me since I barely know what Iīm doing here, so I donīt know if itīs possible to reapply the Dan Rosenbergīs Root process like I did the very first time, or I just need the "Remount fix" mentioned by Elysian893. If my only solution is the latter, Iīd appreciate some help with it since that process reads like Mandarin to me, and it doesnīt seem to be explained in this thread either.

Cheers.
Last edited by andario; 23rd March 2012 at 04:08 PM.
29th March 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 25

191 posts
Can someone upload again local.prop for remount fix
5th April 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
remount fix file
Beware with the remount fix file, the download link is not working, if you tried to download it will download an html error file!
Please somebody upload the correct file or post the contents to edit manually!
6th April 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #48  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212

268 posts
More
Bare with me I will try and recover the file for remount fix.
11th April 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #49  
Flag Rome

24 posts
More
why do we have to do the remount fix?
Worked on italian xoom2!!!!
Magic.
But why do we have to do the remount fix thing?
Thank you for your work!!!
11th April 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #50  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkredemption8

Worked on italian xoom2!!!!
Magic.
But why do we have to do the remount fix thing?
Thank you for your work!!!

It's only for people having problems and sounds like you got yours rooted fine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xoom2, xyboard
Previous Thread Next Thread