Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

Tip us?

DT84
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerArtem View Post
The next version will have it. We have a few problems with the MMC stack to work out first.
Jeez, you guys are unstoppable.

What benefits will the new kernel bring?

Folio4me
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default pdf reader

Since alpha 3 the pdf reader are very slow. Alpha 1 was quite good. Is there a hardware acceleration missing?

painkiller_93
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I've found a temporal solution to games crashing. If you go to Settings->developer options->backgroung process limit->no background process, games won't crash, so I guess the problem is related to the RAM maganement

bartsled
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have some an audio related bug. When using BSPlayer Lite for streaming from my Popcorn Hour the audio clicks and pops every now and then. I'm streaming avi's and listening through earphones. Previous to this rom i was using Nopy's latest release and didn't have this problem.

Let me know if i can help with bugreports or something like that.

justsomeone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller_93 View Post
I've found a temporal solution to games crashing. If you go to Settings->developer options->backgroung process limit->no background process, games won't crash, so I guess the problem is related to the RAM maganement
That's not working for me. I have tried Fruit Ninja THD, GTA and Death Rally and they didn't work with that option

painkiller_93
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeone View Post
That's not working for me. I have tried Fruit Ninja THD, GTA and Death Rally and they didn't work with that option
hm maybe it works partially, yesterday I started 9mm HD and as soon as the game started the game got freeezed and the screen started to flash, then I tried setting that option and I could play without problems.

kgerva
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller_93 View Post
Hi,

I cheched you tricks, and the situation is better. Some game (ie. BUG VILLAGE) did'nt crash, other (ie ZEN Pinball THD) crash always.

I think that the problem is in the Management of the RAM.

In the Alpha 1 version I can play the game without crash
In Alpha 2 and 3 I have the crash.

Bye

DodgeBullets
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsled View Post
I have some an audio related bug. When using BSPlayer Lite for streaming from my Popcorn Hour the audio clicks and pops every now and then. I'm streaming avi's and listening through earphones. Previous to this rom i was using Nopy's latest release and didn't have this problem.

Let me know if i can help with bugreports or something like that.
I have the same problem on every thing i Play on bsplayer music, vídeo, etc on alpha 1 issue Was there, alpha 2 was solved (switch to audio lib from ventana)
on alpha 3 issue is back (back to custom audio lib)

On my opinion ventana worked better' no issues on sound And overall volume was higher than with custom sound lib

Sent from my Folio using xda premium
Phone-> Wiko DarkNight
Rom -> Stock

Tablet-> Asus Transformer TF300T
Rom- > CromiX

Kostia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Since first Alpha, I thought that the lack of free memory was something ICS-related as with CM7 the tablet had 250/270MB of free RAM, with ICS the free memory is 130MB.
The tablet was fast, so I didn't noticed any problem with this little amount of free memory (I thought: ICS with hardware acceleration requires less memory).

But... Last trick shows that some games are not playable because of RAM.
We need more free memory
HTC Magic Vodafone 32B - CM 6.1
Toshiba Folio 100

Azev
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Hello,
Combinated view in email client kills the client.
Toshiba Folio 100 > Android 4.1.2 CM10 Alpha 5
Xperia Arc > Android 4.1.2 MIUI V5 > Fusion kernel
Xperia SP > Android 4.1.2 12.0.A.2.254 Deodexed
Galaxy Note 2 > Android 4.1.2 XXDLK7 Poppuri Simple Theme Edition Transparent

Tags
android 4.0.4, folio 100