DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

OP DerArtem

27th February 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #391  
Thanks Meter: 44

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerArtem

The next version will have it. We have a few problems with the MMC stack to work out first.

Jeez, you guys are unstoppable.

What benefits will the new kernel bring?
28th February 2012, 08:34 PM   |  #392  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
pdf reader
Since alpha 3 the pdf reader are very slow. Alpha 1 was quite good. Is there a hardware acceleration missing?
28th February 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #393  
Thanks Meter: 17

83 posts
More
I've found a temporal solution to games crashing. If you go to Settings->developer options->backgroung process limit->no background process, games won't crash, so I guess the problem is related to the RAM maganement
29th February 2012, 10:05 AM   |  #394  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I have some an audio related bug. When using BSPlayer Lite for streaming from my Popcorn Hour the audio clicks and pops every now and then. I'm streaming avi's and listening through earphones. Previous to this rom i was using Nopy's latest release and didn't have this problem.

Let me know if i can help with bugreports or something like that.
29th February 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #395  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller_93

I've found a temporal solution to games crashing. If you go to Settings->developer options->backgroung process limit->no background process, games won't crash, so I guess the problem is related to the RAM maganement

That's not working for me. I have tried Fruit Ninja THD, GTA and Death Rally and they didn't work with that option
29th February 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #396  
Thanks Meter: 17

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeone

That's not working for me. I have tried Fruit Ninja THD, GTA and Death Rally and they didn't work with that option

hm maybe it works partially, yesterday I started 9mm HD and as soon as the game started the game got freeezed and the screen started to flash, then I tried setting that option and I could play without problems.
29th February 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #397  
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller_93

Hi,

I cheched you tricks, and the situation is better. Some game (ie. BUG VILLAGE) did'nt crash, other (ie ZEN Pinball THD) crash always.

I think that the problem is in the Management of the RAM.

In the Alpha 1 version I can play the game without crash
In Alpha 2 and 3 I have the crash.

Bye
29th February 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #398  
Flag Oeiras
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsled

I have some an audio related bug. When using BSPlayer Lite for streaming from my Popcorn Hour the audio clicks and pops every now and then. I'm streaming avi's and listening through earphones. Previous to this rom i was using Nopy's latest release and didn't have this problem.

Let me know if i can help with bugreports or something like that.

I have the same problem on every thing i Play on bsplayer music, vídeo, etc on alpha 1 issue Was there, alpha 2 was solved (switch to audio lib from ventana)
on alpha 3 issue is back (back to custom audio lib)

On my opinion ventana worked better' no issues on sound And overall volume was higher than with custom sound lib

Sent from my Folio using xda premium
29th February 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #399  

107 posts
Since first Alpha, I thought that the lack of free memory was something ICS-related as with CM7 the tablet had 250/270MB of free RAM, with ICS the free memory is 130MB.
The tablet was fast, so I didn't noticed any problem with this little amount of free memory (I thought: ICS with hardware acceleration requires less memory).

But... Last trick shows that some games are not playable because of RAM.
We need more free memory
1st March 2012, 06:05 PM   |  #400  
Flag Metz
Thanks Meter: 61

129 posts
More
Hello,
Combinated view in email client kills the client.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.0.4, folio 100
Previous Thread Next Thread