A Most Unlikely Accessory

Search This thread

crazy_jake

Jun 23, 2011
jacobschleappi.com
I was considering the possibly of putting an emulator on my Thrive to play some old PS1 games today, and it occurred to me that this tablet is unique amongst many android devices in that is has a USB port.

I took an Xbox360 controller from Gamestop and plugged it in...

Excellent accessory support indeed! Apparently, i can scroll though the screens with the joysticks and use the Dpad and buttons to control some widgets!

I was more then surprised, and have not figured out what all the buttons do or the extent to which different apps will work with this.

Are there any other unlikely accessories you've tried on your Thrive yet?

blorenzo

May 29, 2009
I use the SNES9x EX and found out last week that I could plug in my old Logitech Dual Action controller and it worked perfectly fine... Now I play a bunch of games all the time. I havnt tried the PSX emu yet but I will get around to it.

You can buy that controller off ebay for like $13

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
I am so happy I bought my thrive:) this is sweet! God to think I was going to just get the galaxy tab7 phew.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Beaster1174

Sep 10, 2011
I just plugged in a Saitek P2500 game controller & it also worked. Played a game of Dragon Fly with it. :p

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
I just installed Tiger Arcade and was using the full HDMI port to play Street Fighter 3 Third Strike on my HD TV and using the USB port to play it using my 360 Madcatz Arcade Fightstick. :)

crazy_jake

Jun 23, 2011
jacobschleappi.com
I just installed Tiger Arcade and was using the full HDMI port to play Street Fighter 3 Third Strike on my HD TV and using the USB port to play it using my 360 Madcatz Arcade Fightstick. :)

that sounds just awesome.

I found my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and once i find my hdmi cable, i'll let you all know how it works just as a TV/media/whatever computer hooked up to a TV! :D

blorenzo

May 29, 2009
I'm totally doing this next!!!

My friend has a GT10.1 and is considering swapping...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

jackrabbit72380

Mar 10, 2011
Trenton
www.landsoftworks.host22.com
hay you tryed the wireless adapter for windows with the wireless xbox360 controler ?

the fact that you did that and it just worked like that with no hassle is amsing!
out of al teh tabs out right now the thrive defenetly seams liek teh best because of all the ports and such however i havent ever had a tab i ben waiting for the right one i suppse with 3d from lg anyway toshibal deffenetly makes teh best laptops and the thrive realy caught my eye when it came out and still dose!

anyway someone try a xbox360 wireless addapter for windows and see if thay can sink thare xbox360 controler up i wont be back in thisform so please pm me with results n thanks for teh heads up it makes the thribe to owen a thribe even more!

the k9

Jan 13, 2012
Barrie, ON
I've been using the full and micro USB slots to charge my e-cigarettes... also my phone (SGS2 I727R).

The tab looks like something out of an old sci-fi flick with an autobattery volt e-cig witha blue tip sticking out the top... pretty funny.

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
I was considering the possibly of putting an emulator on my Thrive to play some old PS1 games today, and it occurred to me that this tablet is unique amongst many android devices in that is has a USB port.

I took an Xbox360 controller from Gamestop and plugged it in...

Excellent accessory support indeed! Apparently, i can scroll though the screens with the joysticks and use the Dpad and buttons to control some widgets!

I was more then surprised, and have not figured out what all the buttons do or the extent to which different apps will work with this.

Are there any other unlikely accessories you've tried on your Thrive yet?

Why not just use or buy a ps3 controller it works with Bluetooth and I read that it works very well with tablets

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use my tab to power a USB lamp and sometimes a fan shaped as a cow...