Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 40,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPTSET v2.6][02/28/2012] Build native GNU/Linux applications: the easy way

Tip us?

ngh55
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitna View Post
It's a full featured version of QEMU. I have not tried to boot a complete distro, only some i386 programs, but yes, it should work. Don't expect high performance.
Awesome, thank you

tommytomatoe
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6805

DONATE TO ME
bump for pure awesomeness
The Following User Says Thank You to tommytomatoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enlight22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
first may i say... this script is total awesomeness, thanks to the author..

I have used it to sucessfully compile DnsCrypt-proxy for android... and its working.

It should perhaps be added to the package list

I do have a question though.. i was unable to find the propper settings for my phone... so i used the ultra safe settings the readme suggests.. armv5 and whatnot.

It seems the program works fine, and its a pretty simple program it seems.. Is there any reason to figure out the settings for my phone, which i know to be armv7 cortex a8, but i dont know the other settings.
what would the benefit of compile with the propper settings be?

also... do i really need all that crap that is compiled by default? i dont really know why i would need... python, or openssl for example.. and the build readme for this dnscrypt program doesnt specify and dependencies..

it is the only program i need and is only a few hundred k.. i dont see why i need this 80 or so mb of other stuff in my /data/mysysroot folder.

smitna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
first may i say... this script is total awesomeness, thanks to the author..

I have used it to sucessfully compile DnsCrypt-proxy for android... and its working.

It should perhaps be added to the package list

I do have a question though.. i was unable to find the propper settings for my phone... so i used the ultra safe settings the readme suggests.. armv5 and whatnot.

It seems the program works fine, and its a pretty simple program it seems.. Is there any reason to figure out the settings for my phone, which i know to be armv7 cortex a8, but i dont know the other settings.
what would the benefit of compile with the propper settings be?

also... do i really need all that crap that is compiled by default? i dont really know why i would need... python, or openssl for example.. and the build readme for this dnscrypt program doesnt specify and dependencies..

it is the only program i need and is only a few hundred k.. i dont see why i need this 80 or so mb of other stuff in my /data/mysysroot folder.
Thanks for your post and feedback, I will add DnsCrypt-proxy in the next release.

The first step to check the proper setting for your phone is to open a terminal and type
cat /proc/cpuinfo
It will show you the arch/processor generation and the features (thumb/neon etc.). The benefit to use the "best" settings is a faster execution and other optimisations of the compiled binary. But I don't think that it's necessary for DnsCrypt-proxy to spend too much time to find all the right compiler switches. It's not a program for time critical usage like a packer, converter etc. If you want to compile other applications with the help of my script like ImageMagick or some script languages then you should of course use the best settings for your phone.
Just use the "safe settings" or take the settings for an ARM v7 generation phone (armv7-a, cortex-a8). You can see the full list with the possible options with
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc --target-help
in the arm-2011.09/bin folder (CodeSourcery)

You don't need to compile any other packages from "ALWAYS NEEDED" if you are sure that there are no further dependencies. Simply set them to "no".
My goal was to exclude as much possible compile errors. Most of the packages in the script set needs the openssl, zlib and ncurses libraries to work.
But you need in any case the libraries (cs-sysroot.tar.bz2) because nearly all generated binaries use these libraries and not the standard libraries of the phone (bionic glibc etc.) and you must copy the files for the first time to your phone. The only way to circumvent this is to use the Android NDK (for bionic). Have a look in the build.sh script, section for bash. But this can lead in a LOT OF WORK to make the sources compatible with NDK to sucessful build the binaries and I can't recommend this.

mai77
Old
Thanks Meter 517
Question bbsh

is it not easier to use botbrew or TerminalIDE

afaik u can achieve the same goals there with bash and bbsh
maintained SGY instructions and kernel report
Ynterstellar Yphone assemblY on Youngdroid YdeologY

smitna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai77 View Post
is it not easier to use botbrew or TerminalIDE

afaik u can achieve the same goals there with bash and bbsh
Yes, it's easier to choose the botbrew solution and get ready to use software with a package manager. But it's not the same.

nyarnon
Old
Thanks Meter 64
This is ubercool. With the new devices like MK802 the command line will get important again. As soon as I see fit I will put up binaries for it. Kudossmitna.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Model : GT-N7100
Bootloader : N7100XXUFND3
Rom : N7100_ND3_Prerooted_deknoxed_debloatableV3.zip - DrKetan V3
Kernel : 3.0.31-1280411

nyarnon
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Well that was to be expected, just to easy. Compiler stops at the first package NCurses, looks like I need a patches autoconf2.13 to make it happen.

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
sed: kan ./include/ncurses_cfg.h niet lezen: Bestand of map bestaat niet

checking for the file reveales ncurses_cfg.hin with the text

This is a template-file used to generate the "ncurses_cfg.h" file.
* Rather than list every definition, the configuration script substitutes the
* definitions that it finds using 'sed'. You need a patch (original date
* 971222) to autoconf 2.12 or 2.13 to do this.
* See:
* http://invisible-island.net/autoconf/
* ftp://invisible-island.net/autoconf/
Model : GT-N7100
Bootloader : N7100XXUFND3
Rom : N7100_ND3_Prerooted_deknoxed_debloatableV3.zip - DrKetan V3
Kernel : 3.0.31-1280411

capslock66
Old
Thanks Meter 1047

DONATE TO ME
Default redsocks

Hi.

I didn't checked all the applications, but do you have redsocks ? If not can you add it ?
Thanks in advance.

http://darkk.net.ru/redsocks/
https://github.com/darkk/redsocks
Did you like Reverse Tethering ? It's free ! All donations are welcome
Reverse tethering:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1371345
Follow updates on twitter : @ReverseTether

smitna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock66 View Post
Hi.

I didn't checked all the applications, but do you have redsocks ? If not can you add it ?
Thanks in advance.

http://darkk.net.ru/redsocks/
https://github.com/darkk/redsocks
Sorry for my late answer. I am very busy at the moment. But I am sure it's possible to add redsocks (I saw that ProxyDroid and sshtunnel use redsocks). Why don't you want to try it yourself? The script gives you all the ability (with help from the docus) to add the tool. But I add it to my "todo list".

Tags
android, cross compiling, linux installer, native apps, script, shell