Huge homemade usb jig

Search This thread

motiv8d365

Apr 4, 2011
Missouri
Hey XDA!
So I made myself a usb jig from 3 100 k ohm wires (Noobs: 300 k ohms of resistance is what is required throw the captivate into download mode when adb and the three-button method fail) It worked beautifully and reliably until yesterday when I discovered it was GONE!!!! :-( I go to my towns radio shack and guess what...no 100 k ohm wires...nothing even close! So it is my pleasure to share the most retarded jig I have ever seen...1-220 k ohm wire and 8-10k ohm wires..can't believe it worked...wtf lol...just sharing yall take it easy.

studacris

Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
They aren't wires...they're resistors.

Just sayin...

Great job on the jig though man, big props. it looks like a molecule

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Mine's bigger :p

DSCN0887.jpg

studacris

Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
No, that's a jig. A real jig.
What we call jigs are usb download mode jig, only used for one purpose: initiating download mode.

A real jig has a plethora of uses.

XBrav

Feb 16, 2010
Calgary
That's a pretty awesome rig with your arduino. Can't make out what your redboard is though...

I wonder how I can mess with my phone using the Raspberry Pi when it comes in...

captican

Feb 26, 2011
That was an older pic from when I was researching UBM on the Captivate. Check out my current iteration in Reason number 1.

(video link deleted)

It has the most useful functions for the FSA chip.

As usual AdamOutler, I love your work. Was a big fan of Andromeda3 (and would consider buying a device just because you were helping to hack it)!

Reactions: AdamOutler

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
Here is mine.. its two parts. Cause the pins were hard to attach the resistors to... its a 200k a 100k and a 1k. Haha
6831532432_1e355840e2.jpg

6831532108_c1b04a97ce.jpg

Posted from my ICS'd Captivate

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA!
    So I made myself a usb jig from 3 100 k ohm wires (Noobs: 300 k ohms of resistance is what is required throw the captivate into download mode when adb and the three-button method fail) It worked beautifully and reliably until yesterday when I discovered it was GONE!!!! :-( I go to my towns radio shack and guess what...no 100 k ohm wires...nothing even close! So it is my pleasure to share the most retarded jig I have ever seen...1-220 k ohm wire and 8-10k ohm wires..can't believe it worked...wtf lol...just sharing yall take it easy.
    i give props to any noob that can figure it out one way or another!

Good job! hang that biotch up on the wall!
    They aren't wires...they're resistors.

Just sayin...

Lol, buy a legit microUSB jig man. Got one from skisky1 on eBay . Works super good, looks official, and never have to worry about if you're hitting the wrong pin or not.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
    But, I do have to give you props for the awesome idea, and creativity. Buuummpppp

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium