Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What's gonna be your next phone?

Tip us?

jpitch2415
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
I loved my vivid to its death, i moved to the note so far its all gravy but i miss sense

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note aka "The beast"
Current Phone
iPhone 5 64GB

Phone Graveyard
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy S III
Motorola RAZR xt910
HTC ONE X
Galaxy Nexus
HTC Vivid
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Samsung Infuse 4G
HTC Inspire

davidcampbell
Old
Thanks Meter 84
I think this phone will be my last htc, I am thinking about the nexus lineup, I'm really not impressed by sense 3.5, maybe the ICS release will make the phone a lot better so my opinion on it may change dramatically, but yeah, don't get me wrong its a good phone, but I think I want to try soemthing else, maybe a samsung.

if only Telstra would get a GOOD android phone with a physical keyboard, I would get that, but they only seem to get the mediocre models with a slide out keyboard, none of the droid's or anything.
Nexus 5 16GB Stock
Tronsmart PS7
Pebble

slapshot30
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Verizon supposedly has a keyboard HTC phone on the horizon. Not a lot of info at all for it at the moment though. Not sure if it'll be considered a high end device either.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
HTC VIVID SUPERGUIDE

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, PERM ROOT, CWM, FLASHING ROMS/KERNELS, APN SETTINGS, REVERT TO STOCK

ZeroRilix
Old
(Last edited by ZeroRilix; 28th February 2012 at 03:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
I love my Vivid, but I'm gonna be getting the HTC One X after it is released to AT&T. I'll have to buy it off contract, but that is how I obtained my Inspire this time last year. The One X is the device that was rumored to be the Elite/Congressional. Sux that they decided to go with the Snapdragon S4 instead of the Tegra 3. However, not that many of the tech blog sites are reporting that AT&T eschewed the Tegra 3 cause Nvidia won't get an LTE chip integrated on that cpu's chipset until the 3rd or 4th quarter this year. I still think it will be a bad device considering how good the processor is in our Vivid/Raider/Velocity, and it is the S4 which I feel us a little more proven then the Tegra 3. Which, I think is still gonna be more than capable for Sense 4.0.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app

msimindlessmsi2
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkuy View Post
I love my vivid. (And its s-off)

I am just wondering what New phone is gonna make me change my heart.
Thought about the galaxy nexus, but heard that a lot of apps still don't support it. N the 5mp camera (pictures look fine tho)

So what phone will make u give up ur vivid? (Current/to be released/Concept)

Sent from my VV using xda premium
You have actual s-off displayed at the bootloader? When did this happen?

Sent from my 3D using InfectedRom Eternity.

NIKKG
Old
(Last edited by NIKKG; 28th February 2012 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Its gonna be the Samsung Galaxy SIII all the way, that thing is gonna blow everything else out of the water. However, I might also try a true iPhone 5 during the winter if it comes with a bigger screen that's bigger than 4". Going down from a 4.5 or 4.7 inch to something that's 4" or less is hard.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitch2415 View Post
I loved my vivid to its death, i moved to the note so far its all gravy but i miss sense

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note aka "The beast"
I had the Note, that thing was too big, just wasn't comfortable using it everyday. To each their own, my friend loves his. I think 4.7" is the sweet spot for phones.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroRilix View Post
I love my Vivid, but I'm gonna be getting the HTC One X after it is released to AT&T. I'll have to buy it off contract, but that is how I obtained my Inspire this time last year. The One X is the device that was rumored to be the Elite/Congressional. Sux that they decided to go with the Snapdragon S4 instead of the Tegra 3. However, not that many of the tech blog sites are reporting that AT&T eschewed the Tegra 3 cause Nvidia won't get an LTE chip integrated on that cpu's chipset until the 3rd or 4th quarter this year. I still think it will be a bad device considering how good the processor is in our Vivid/Raider/Velocity, and it is the S4 which I feel us a little more proven then the Tegra 3. Which, I think is still gonna be more than capable for Sense 4.0.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app
The S4 Krait is actually alot faster than the Tegra3. Tegra3 is only better at graphics, but everything else shows the S4 whipping the hell out of the Tegra3. The major issue I have with the HTC One X is that you can't stick a Micro-SD card.

New Benchmarks for S4 vs. Omap & Tegra 3 by PCMag:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400409,00.asp

homeslice976
Old
(Last edited by homeslice976; 29th February 2012 at 02:15 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by msimindlessmsi2 View Post
You have actual s-off displayed at the bootloader? When did this happen?

Sent from my 3D using InfectedRom Eternity.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1449706

First report I saw was 1/16

Hasnt' seemed to be a big deal to anyone smarter than me though.. so they're out there, but I haven't seen any rhyme or reason as to why..

tanner4137
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I think I as well am going to the Galaxy S III. I just really hope the build quality isn't as crappy as the Galaxy S II.

slimslim
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I was like you, went through samsung, couple motorolas and back to htc. Any device has something that you will ultimately dislike. But I would still try those brands again.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk
========================