[Q] Downgrade bootloader from V2.1 to V2.0 [Request]

Search This thread

ishafiq

Dec 20, 2008
Hong Kong
Can some one help me in downgrading the boot loader from V2.1 to V2.0. My phone is dying (restarts) and i have tried flashing 2.3.6/2.3.4 and everything possible.

I cannot reset my counter as boot loader is at V2.1.

Saw some forums in SGS SII, where they have a patch for downgrading. Would anyone assist me like one for SGS R?

Thanks a lot~~

Last edited:

Moodaleon

Jan 3, 2012
Hong Kong
hey man. try do more to ur phone in attempt to brick it completely! of samsun cant get into the program they will still hv to replace the hardware since it is under warranty. ahem. supposingly. thought ur phone is dying? *wink

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA App

M

m.kochan10

Even at my retailer here in Sweden SGR is marked as an "outgoing product" :(

ishafiq

Dec 20, 2008
Hong Kong
Just found the Galaxy R is reborn with ST ericsson STE U8500 processor~~

Sadly i have to get a replacement after resetting the counter..Helpless as of now~~

M

m.kochan10

Have you tested it and it worked?

Last edited:

Prankey

Jun 24, 2008
infcloud.in
Don't bother resetting the counter. Samsung can not decline service just because you have an unofficial firmware. They can only blame that firmware to be the culprit for the issues you face and if flashing official stock doesn't fix the issues they are liable for the consequences. No where in the warranty card its written that flashing a custom ROM or kernel will void your warranty though its a gray area.

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Don't bother resetting the counter. Samsung can not decline service just because you have an unofficial firmware. They can only blame that firmware to be the culprit for the issues you face and if flashing official stock doesn't fix the issues they are liable for the consequences. No where in the warranty card its written that flashing a custom ROM or kernel will void your warranty though its a gray area.

Man you need to go to a Samsung service center, its written there in bold that installing custom firmware/software will void your warranty.

If you still think what people here saying is wrong then take your handset with a custom ROM to a service center 'at your own risk' ofcourse.

Then tell us what transpires. ;)

M

m.kochan10

It's optional, both should work equally good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just looking for downgrade V2.1 to V2.0,
    and I was find the easy way from Taiwan forum.