Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATION] Android "BIOS" - Fascinate specific/custom!

Tip us?

manic020
Old
Thanks Meter 1
this looks sweet! can't wait to try it out

o3dodgesrt4
Old
(Last edited by o3dodgesrt4; 19th December 2011 at 03:17 PM.) Reason: got no responses
Thanks Meter 0
i tried to do this but the phone says theres not enough space? any thoughts?

edit: never mind. since no one helped me out with this, i wiped the phone and installed superclean instead.

o3dodgesrt4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is the kernal what controls the bootup animations and brand logo? or is it a ROM based thing ? i want to remove the samsung logo at bootup. it shows for about 20 seconds before my bootanimation starts. i want to remove it so the bootanimation starts imediatley. right now the boot animation is being cut short because the samsung logo is taking to long to cycle.
Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535
ROM: Stock & Rooted
Firmware: 4.3 NC1

sageDieu
Old
Thanks Meter 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by o3dodgesrt4 View Post
is the kernal what controls the bootup animations and brand logo? or is it a ROM based thing ? i want to remove the samsung logo at bootup. it shows for about 20 seconds before my bootanimation starts. i want to remove it so the bootanimation starts imediatley. right now the boot animation is being cut short because the samsung logo is taking to long to cycle.
that's different, it can be changed with a lot of dangerous modification but it can't be cut out. things are happening during that time that have to happen; drivers are loading, hardware is activating, memory is being allocated, etc and there's no way to make it happen any faster.

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

Samsung Galaxy S4

Google Nexus 7 2013

Acid_Ocelot
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Was Wondering

Anyone able to help me clean this up into a bootanimation?

Im having problems making Hi-Res quality pics... and my JIT (Just In Time Debugger) keeps crashing.. @_@
Attached Files
File Type: rar Cycle.rar - [Click for QR Code] (261.1 KB, 12 views)
My custom Rom Brings all the droids to the yard, they flashed better than Yours

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Anyone have a mirror?

Sent in an Ice Cream Sandwich from my SCH-I500.
Click here to donate.

Protonus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
Anyone have a mirror?

The original, non flashable zip version I made, is still a good link (mediafire). Just copy it into the DIR named, it's a lot easier than flashing it anyways.
Verizon HTC DNA - on Viper DNA 4.1.0 (Android 4.4.2, Sense 6.0)
Clie S300-> Clie TG50 -> XV6800 -> Touch Pro2 -> Fascinate -> Galaxy Nexus -> DNA

kuronosan
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Didn't see that, works great! Would be nice if it showed Android 4.0.3 though. Great job.

Click here to donate.

Kaptinkrunk
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Credit and thanks to JaeKar99 for the animated .gif!

There are higher res preview images below showing the "final" state of each of the three images/pages that "load".

This is a Fascinate specific/custom boot animation. It is a shameful kang and tweak of frysee's "Android BIOS" animation from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648555
All credit for the original images/design should go to him, unless someone tells me different.

This is a mashup of the generic Galaxy S one and the Captivate one. I took what I liked from each (or was most factually correct for us), and i've made the following minor tweaks/changes:
0.) I am assuming users are using 2.2.1 Froyo and the 2.6.32.9 kernel build, for this variant. Used that build anywhere it's specified
1.) Started with the Captivate version that has the nice ANSI/ASCII Android Logo after the BIOS "finishes"
2.) Eliminated all of the ghosted/improperly changed text that the Captivate variant had
3.) Stated that it's a "Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S" for the phone model
4.) Used 1000 MHz clock speed
5.) Replaced the Android ROM version after the "ROM Extension" line, with the kernel build instead. Thought it was nice to mention kernel.
6.) Updated all dates to 2011
7.) Changed Flash Extension to a Samsung microSDHC since our phones came with one (versus Captivate having the internal SD card)
8.) Changed Phone Storage to Samsung OneNAND
9.) Changed the "Press ____ to enter SETUP" to VOLUP+VOLDOWN we use for recovery
10.) Slipped our "SCH-I500" model number into the alphanumeric string at the bottom
11.) Updated Pri Master Disk size to 1563MB we have
12.) Made the Sec. Master Disk 16384MB for the 16GB sdhc we got with the phone

Download links
This one is NOT a flashable .zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?0836f9rvgabj9qt
Instead, just copy this file to /system/media/ and either overwrite or rename the existing file. This requires that you are on an aftermarket ROM that supports changing of the boot animation.

Flashable (thru CWM etc.) .zip versions: - thanks to davey11 for making these!
Amend Script version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GUSM8VXG
Edify Script version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TEINBLK0

Let me know what ya'll think and hit Thanks if you use it.

do you care if i steal it to make a rootz wiki version? ill give thanks to you of course i use fassy and like the animation but want a little diff gonna ics it up a little too

normal73
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Please Can you reupload flashable version on mediafire?

Tags
animation, bios, boot, boot animation, fascinate