Buil.prop fix for Random Reboots on ICS

2nd March 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

113 posts
I read all the posts about the random reboots, and seemed to me it happens when the TF goes on deep-sleep mode. So I added these 2 lines to my build.prop and have not gotten anymore reboots:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
pm.sleep_mode=2

If someone can try it, and post your results to verify, it could help others that are having this issue.
Last edited by lunadomain; 2nd March 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Made a mistake; it should be ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lunadomain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadomain

I read all the posts about the random reboots, and seemed to me it happens when the TF goes on deep-sleep mode. So I added these 2 lines to my build.prop and have not gotten anymore reboots:

Thanks for the suggestion. It has been how long since you add the 2 lines? My first reboot and the second one has a gap of more than 48 hours.
2nd March 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ottawa, On
Thanks Meter: 641

1,018 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
pm.sleep_mode=2

If someone can try it, and post your results to verify, it could help others that are having this issue.

What is the effect of that mod on battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
2nd March 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 352

779 posts
Thanks Luna d did you see where someone said gnufabio had tweeted it was a problem with the old nvidia drivers? Wondering if you came up with this independent of gnufabio's discovery..
2nd March 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
Exclamation 48 hours and no reboot
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_c666

Thanks Luna d did you see where someone said gnufabio had tweeted it was a problem with the old nvidia drivers? Wondering if you came up with this independent of gnufabio's discovery..

No, I just thought that since some of the reports were mentioning the Deep-Sleep state, then disabling this could solve the problem. So I decided to root and modify the build.prop by adding those two lines. I haven't had a single reboot in more than 48 hours now. Before the modification I would get a reboot every 8-12 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunadomain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
Wink Battery Life Effect: Negible
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.garon

What is the effect of that mod on battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I didn't see much of a change in battery life. Try the mod and see how it goes for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunadomain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag Camelot
Thanks Meter: 256

540 posts
More
Added end rebooted. Experienced only a few reboots in the past 5 days. Wiped data from HC Revolver 3.11.1 and flashed ICS last week.

Will report. The first command line sounds promising already. I don't know zilch about coding so excuse me from being nub, but shouldn't that 0 be changed in 1 because the disable function should be 'enabled' (assuming 0= enable and 1= enabled)? Sounds more logical to me.
Last edited by Sir Flashalot; 3rd March 2012 at 10:48 AM.
2nd March 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
Exclamation Good catch; I edited the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn1971

Added end rebooted. Experienced only a few reboots in the past 5 days. Wiped data from stock HC Revolver and flashed ICS last week.

Will report. The first command line sounds promising already. I don't know zilch about coding so excuse me from being nub, but shouldn't that 0 be changed in 1 because the disable function should be 'enabled' (assuming 0= enable and 1= enabled)? Sounds more logical to me.

Good catch, guess I made a mistake when I typed the post. Yes, it should be 1 to disable the Power Collapse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lunadomain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #9  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 9

44 posts
More
Random reboots
I have random reboots after I close my transformer with the dock attached, i open it and both batteries are dead and it is stuck at the asus boot screen, I edited my build prop and will post my results...
3rd March 2012, 10:46 AM   |  #10  
Flag Camelot
Thanks Meter: 256

540 posts
More
Quote:

Good catch, guess I made a mistake when I typed the post. Yes, it should be 1 to disable the Power Collapse.

Ok changed 0 to 1. Did not have a reboot in the past twelve hours, but I had them seldomly anyway. Will report again.

-edit: just had a 1st reboot within an hour of changing from 0 to 1. Happened when I left my appartment (and my wifi connection) and opened my tablet in the train. I have wifi turned of during sleep. I also upgraded YouTube app for testing purposes during that period (although I never use it) to test 720p. Not sure if it's related.
Last edited by Sir Flashalot; 3rd March 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread