Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

portable charger?

Tip us?

farnlc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default portable charger?

Has anyone discovered a portable charger with a tip/output that would work on a Xoom. Everything that I've seen just charges over USB and obviously that won't work. I don't want to run out of juice while I'm watching a movie on an airplane!

rubber guard
Old
Thanks Meter 62
i read on here that supposedly nokia or one of those other manufactures phone tips will charge a xoom. dont quote me on that though.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubber guard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chidychi
Old
(Last edited by chidychi; 10th February 2012 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I'm almost certain that Motorola made one.
Staples (in us and canada) recently put everything on clearance.
You might find one in store...

EDIT: sorry I mixed up portable with travel...

Cubanluke88
Old
Thanks Meter 316
How long's the flight?

jakson0100
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I looked at the XP8000 on amazon and as stated it is going for around $198.00. I looked on Best Buy and was going for $99.00 but is out of stock.

piratashitzu
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnlc View Post
Has anyone discovered a portable charger with a tip/output that would work on a Xoom. Everything that I've seen just charges over USB and obviously that won't work. I don't want to run out of juice while I'm watching a movie on an airplane!
You can recharge Xoom using outlets in galleys area (the plane's kitchen), or even in the toillets. Just ask to any flight attendent.
Don't waste your money in spare batteries.

ScottC
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnlc View Post
I use the Energizer XP18000 with (free) Xoom tip. Yes - at around $149 it is not cheap, but it also charges phones, laptops and its 18,000mAh battery is great for keeping your Xoom going for a couple of days

Tips are free for life (with $4 shipping) and it comes with a massive assortment of tips in the box. Well worth the investment.

person65278
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You should also look into the asus mobile keyboards. I know they have a battery, and can charge some devices that there connected to.

gstyle40
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does the Asus keyboard actually work with a Xoom? Would be rather pointless if it doesnt

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

kunddizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
nope. Asus is no-go. It can charge USB 2.0 devices, but the main connecter is a special Asus one, only for Asus EEE pad devices.

Best chance is to perhaps make your own connector, e.g. with an old Nokia charger (cannot confirm it myself) and one of those normal usb power banks.
HTC One X (Tegra beast) - Stock 4.0.3
Asus Transformer Prime - Stock 4.0.3 - (won it on FB)

Old Phones:
Motorola Xoom Wifi - US GED 4.0.3 - Rooted 1.2Ghz
Samsung Galaxy S2 - Stock 4.0.3
HTC Hero - Stock 2.1
Nokia N95