Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

portable charger?

OP farnlc

8th February 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Has anyone discovered a portable charger with a tip/output that would work on a Xoom. Everything that I've seen just charges over USB and obviously that won't work. I don't want to run out of juice while I'm watching a movie on an airplane!
10th February 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 62

407 posts
More
i read on here that supposedly nokia or one of those other manufactures phone tips will charge a xoom. dont quote me on that though.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubber guard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dundas
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
More
I'm almost certain that Motorola made one.
Staples (in us and canada) recently put everything on clearance.
You might find one in store...

EDIT: sorry I mixed up portable with travel...
Last edited by chidychi; 10th February 2012 at 08:55 PM.
10th February 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 316

1,049 posts
How long's the flight?
22nd February 2012, 10:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 26

123 posts
I looked at the XP8000 on amazon and as stated it is going for around $198.00. I looked on Best Buy and was going for $99.00 but is out of stock.
22nd February 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
Flag RIO DE JANEIRO
Thanks Meter: 33

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnlc

Has anyone discovered a portable charger with a tip/output that would work on a Xoom. Everything that I've seen just charges over USB and obviously that won't work. I don't want to run out of juice while I'm watching a movie on an airplane!

You can recharge Xoom using outlets in galleys area (the plane's kitchen), or even in the toillets. Just ask to any flight attendent.
Don't waste your money in spare batteries.
23rd February 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 37

448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnlc

I use the Energizer XP18000 with (free) Xoom tip. Yes - at around $149 it is not cheap, but it also charges phones, laptops and its 18,000mAh battery is great for keeping your Xoom going for a couple of days

Tips are free for life (with $4 shipping) and it comes with a massive assortment of tips in the box. Well worth the investment.
29th February 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
You should also look into the asus mobile keyboards. I know they have a battery, and can charge some devices that there connected to.
2nd March 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Does the Asus keyboard actually work with a Xoom? Would be rather pointless if it doesnt

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
3rd March 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #10  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
nope. Asus is no-go. It can charge USB 2.0 devices, but the main connecter is a special Asus one, only for Asus EEE pad devices.

Best chance is to perhaps make your own connector, e.g. with an old Nokia charger (cannot confirm it myself) and one of those normal usb power banks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread