XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] connection issues

Tip us?

mr.horndoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob91 View Post
i have a htc touch pro 2 and before i could connect it to computer. now when i try to it tells me instantly that the device cannot be recognized by microsoft on my cpu. i have a toshiba satellite l555 running windows 7. also while i try chrging it it takes forever and if the phone is on it says that my computer doesnt supply enough power to charge it. also says the same thing when its connected to my xbox 360. i just would appreciate any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoFaca View Post
I have the same problem with my TP2.

Tried different cables, different computers, but problem is still there.

I can't connect TP2 with computer, can't sync with Outlook, at least I can flash ROM from mSD card

Any ideas, solutions, maybe there's some fix for this issue?!
Have you guys tried Deleting any/all Partnerships and then uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Mobile Device Center on your PC and then trying again?
Trombone players do it in seven positions!

MarkoFaca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes

I even reinstaled the system, Win7, WinXP, changed cables, changed computers, even changed ROMs (Energy, Jackos...), still nothing

Weird thing is that charging works just fine, but sync don't...?
You want signature?!

mr.horndoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I suspect you have a hardware problem with the port on your device. Maybe use a magnifying glass and look at the brass pins inside the port and see if you see any bent or missing pins. You could have two pins touching that could be shorting. Maybe the only solution is repair/replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.horndoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.horndoctor View Post
I suspect you have a hardware problem with the port on your device. Maybe use a magnifying glass and look at the brass pins inside the port and see if you see any bent or missing pins. You could have two pins touching that could be shorting. Maybe the only solution is repair/replacement.
I'd say that is your best bet. It's entirely possible that the pins for charging (only 2) are fine, while the remainder (I think there's a total of 11?) or a portion of the remainder of the pins are messed up...

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarkoFaca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'd say that is your best bet. It's entirely possible that the pins for charging (only 2) are fine, while the remainder (I think there's a total of 11?) or a portion of the remainder of the pins are messed up...
I tried with MG, but everything seems to be OK, all pins are there

Oh well, at least it's not the other way around - I can sync but I can't charge
You want signature?!

ccengineer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I tried with MG, but everything seems to be OK, all pins are there

Oh well, at least it's not the other way around - I can sync but I can't charge
Try to turn the high speed network thingy off, in your USB connection on your phone. I forgot what it is exactly called but something of that sort.

mr.horndoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
Try to turn the high speed network thingy off, in your USB connection on your phone. I forgot what it is exactly called but something of that sort.
Oh, good thinking!
Yeah, try going into Settings and uncheck the box that says Enable Faster Connections. It's in Activesync or USB to PC settings.

MarkoFaca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, guys, but I tried that first: Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC, uncheked the box "Enable faster data syncronization", still nothing
You want signature?!

ccengineer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Sorry, guys, but I tried that first: Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC, uncheked the box "Enable faster data syncronization", still nothing
When you connect your phone to the computer, does it even recognize it, I mean does your computer detect that something got connected to the usb? Were you always plugging it in to the same USB port on your computer?

VitezKoja
Old
(Last edited by VitezKoja; 13th September 2012 at 06:29 PM.) Reason: add on
Thanks Meter 0
I HAD the same problem-charging was ok, but no sync. Well...
First of all, check your cables (my TP2 won't work with cables from my old TYTN II). Use cables for particular model, those contacts can be tricky. Now, in your phone's USB to PC settings uncheck "enable faster data sync". It worked for me. Now phone syncs, no problem. When pc starts recognizing your new device, phone will use 3g connection to download some 11MB of drivers, so you must have some credits in order to connect to 3g. Now it works like a charm, no problems whatsoever...
If your PC recognizes the device, but doesn't sync, try this: when connected go to your PHONE's active sync and sync it from there. Worked with me once I had that "issue"...