good google reader app?

Search This thread

brendan10211

Feb 1, 2012
Cary
I don't have Internet on my nook most of the time I actually want to do something, sorry.

Also, half the apps don't show up in my market for some reason.

Anyway, next topic.

Gogolo2

Nov 30, 2011
I have to write it again, because it is so nice for nst: rssdemon is sleek, highly customizable (groups, fonts etc.) with good preview and functioning page down and up on nst. I have tried several ones, I'll stay with this one.
Greetings

cceerrtt

Sep 14, 2010
I have tried gReader yesterday and it seems it has everything I need - synchronization with google reader, supports hardware buttons for scrolling, simple UI, configurable font size and the ability to send selected articles to instapaper. I think I will stick with this one.

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
I have Pulse installed on mine, only that it's an older version of it that I download somewhere. Try some apk's, one for sure will work but the market version won't.

Could you please tell what version of Pulse works or share the .apk? I'm having trouble finding a previous Pulse version.

IceTree

Feb 2, 2012
I tried a couple of Pulse versions. 2.0.1 seems to work and 2.4.3 and up doesn't. 2.0.1 supports importing feeds from Goolge Reader and logging into the Facebook feed but not logging into pulse.me.

keel2

Aug 17, 2012
I have to write it again, because it is so nice for nst: rssdemon is sleek, highly customizable (groups, fonts etc.) with good preview and functioning page down and up on nst. I have tried several ones, I'll stay with this one.
Greetings

I am trying rssdemon, but does not seem to work properly. I cannot use it well in off-line mode, while some of the articles aren't fully downloaded, just ending with three points after some sentences. May I forgotten to set something? Instapaper mobilizer.

By the way, even the "very big" font size is not big enough for me for comfortable reading, and the font color doesn't seem to be really "black" but "dark-gray" (with least contrast on NST).

jerrysue

May 23, 2008
Beijing
I've tried rssdemon. It works very well except text color is not black even with "white/black" theme.
Maybe someone can modify apk file.

domi.nos

Jan 5, 2011
Warszawa
Hello,
I am mostly finishing my colaboration with GoodNews dev, and we got this app, supports side buttons, and if on botton of article "lower" button is pressed, it goes to next article, and oppositely.

The apk: here
The dev said it will be also added to future releases. Please note it is a beta of beta 5, which introduces tablet layout.

domi.nos

Jan 5, 2011
Warszawa
Hello everyone, does anyone have a problem with syncing any app to Google Reader on 1.2.1? I cannot do it, no matter which app i use. I even cant make apps connect to GDrive.

EDIT: I have semi-solved this issue. RssDemon is working perfectly, supports buttons, fling scrolling works, only greader does not work. But this in not issue. As for Google Drive, Kingsoft office works pretty well, plus Dropbox, and it even lets me print via Google Print.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
Google Reader is dead

Any ideas for apps to use on rooted nook when Google Reader dies?

I am trying to set up an account with NewsBlur and try Blar (open source app that will work on ANdroid 2.1) but NewsBlur keeps going down for maintenance... :(
I hope something gets figured out, I use NewsRob every morning on my way to work to read a ton of articles offline. Google Reader and Cool Reader are really the only reasons I have to stay rooted....

J_Palito

Feb 9, 2012
Everybody talks about Feedly as a replace for Google Reader, but...
It isn't.
On a browser, you need a plug-in just to access the web mode (wonder why?!?!).
On android the app isn't compatible with nook and on the other devices is buggy, sluggish and full of problems.
All the others are web based only.
I use gReader as I like the list mode they use and works very well on offline.
Pulse is awful, I hate those tiles.
Thank you, Google, for letting me down.
I bought an NST specifically to be able to read my feeds using gReader.
'Sigh'!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you post the modified apk? I would like to try GoodNews. Thanks :)

Here you go. It seems the developer will soon launch a 4.0 beta version, which I am eager to try. :cool:
    I have Pulse installed on mine, only that it's an older version of it that I download somewhere. Try some apk's, one for sure will work but the market version won't.
    Hi, I've been following this post for a while. I love my NST but I would really like to have a RSS reader that allows me to read in a page-like format, scrolling with the e-ink screen sucks and google currents and feedly do offer a page-like reading experience (much closer to an e-book) but both require newer version of Android. I've tried every other application out there without much luck so if anyone has some suggestion I'd really appreciate it.
    Not exactly an RSS aggregator solution for the NST, but you can use Calibre on your desktop to read RSS feeds and create an .epub from them. You can then set Calibre to email it to you, or create a dropbox script, or something similar on your desktop so you can retrieve the files remotely.

I'm doing this for several newspaper "subscriptions".

The big plus is that I can use the native B&N reader with all its associated features.