Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 42,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cracked digitizer

Tip us?

Kole_Ackerson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Default cracked digitizer

hey everyone, i cracked my skyrocket's digitizer, it is still fully fuctional just looks like crap. i was wondering if i could get one for cheap, and at the same time i was wondering why they are so exspensive. when i had my old iphone 3gs the screen was $10. why is the screen for the skyrocket $185+. it seems rediculous to me. if you could give me advice or even point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 717

DONATE TO ME
its a brand new phone to the market, only a few weeks old, u can't expect the digitizer to be cheap, of course its going to cost that much

kr3w1337
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight89 View Post
its a brand new phone to the market, only a few weeks old, u can't expect the digitizer to be cheap, of course its going to cost that much
It's not a "few weeks old". Stop lying to the guy.

It is still fairly young though to have spare parts in massive quantity, making things a bit expensive.

jamesd86
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Don't buy just the digitizer..in my experience Samsung LCD/digitizer combos are just that,a combo that doesn't like to come apart. Its possible but its a PITA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Past: HTC Dream, HTC Mytouch 3g, Samsung Vibrant, HTC Mytouch 4G, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Samsung Galaxy S II i777, Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100

Present: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 PARANOID!

DenisGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So, has anybody been able to find the outer glass only? I can't order the $200 digitizer+lcd... makes no sense...