5,597,138 Members 45,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Best 'alert watch' for Galaxy Tab 7.7?
Fossil Metawatch 2 28.57%
Sony Liveview 1 14.29%
Sony Smartwatch 1 14.29%
SE MBW-150/MBW-200 1 14.29%
InPulse watch 0 0%
WIMM 0 0%
Motoactv 1 14.29%
Other 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Best watch to pair with a Galaxy Tab 7.7?

Tip us?

PLinga
Old
(Last edited by PLinga; 25th February 2012 at 01:54 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Best watch to pair with a Galaxy Tab 7.7?

If you have experience pairing an 'alert watch' (e.g Fossil MetaWatch, Sony LiveView, Sony Smartwatch, SE MBW-150, InPulse Watch, WIMM, MotoACTV etc) with a Galaxy Tab 7.7 then please chime in. I'm looking for a device with a wrist strap that can, at the very least, display incoming calls and text messages.

RipplingHurst
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I didn't even know this was possible. Very cool if so.
HP Touchpad
Refurbs Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi (two, in the car - headrests)
Galaxy tab 8.9 LTE (in the car, driver's);
Galaxy tab 7.7 with me at all times. Galaxy Note 1: permanently in wife's car now.

Phone: Galaxy Note II LTE

adinis78
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLinga View Post
If you have experience pairing an 'alert watch' (e.g Fossil MetaWatch, Sony LiveView, Sony Smartwatch, SE MBW-150, InPulse Watch, WIMM, MotoACTV etc) with a Galaxy Tab 7.7 then please chime in. I'm looking for a device with a wrist strap that can, at the very least, display incoming calls and text messages.
I had used thr sony liveview with my original tab and it worked great, have not tried it with the 7.7 yet

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
Old: G1, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant; Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

Current: Samsung Galaxy Tab P6800

The Following User Says Thank You to adinis78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freaksamael
Old
(Last edited by freaksamael; 5th March 2012 at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLinga View Post
for sure LiveView (version 1) is not working. Liveview application can't find any installed plugin. only thing that work is locate tablet. Also on each reconnect the bt pass must be accepted (via OK button, but annoying...). This issue can be solved via hack on rooted devices. But no plugins...

...and after few days of testing...is working...!!! the problem is that LiveView can't find a plugin if it's not enabled. To enable a plugin, in ADW launcher EX add a custom shortcut to Activities on desktop and the plugins can be enabled\configured. After resetting Liveview all the plugins are found and active!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freaksamael For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PLinga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I can confirm that the metawatch works perfectly. I was able to test it with a friend's model and found no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaksamael View Post
for sure LiveView (version 1) is not working. Liveview application can't find any installed plugin. only thing that work is locate tablet. Also on each reconnect the bt pass must be accepted (via OK button, but annoying...). This issue can be solved via hack on rooted devices. But no plugins...

...and after few days of testing...is working...!!! the problem is that LiveView can't find a plugin if it's not enabled. To enable a plugin, in ADW launcher EX add a custom shortcut to Activities on desktop and the plugins can be enabled\configured. After resetting Liveview all the plugins are found and active!!!!

I'll have to find a liveview for cheap then.

There is a new watch on the horizon: Pebble. I'm guessing everyone here has heard about it by now given the records it has broken on Kickstarter.

robroy90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
The Sony watches are useless unless paired. They can't function on their own. I have the WIMM and it is stellar. The original liveview i bought was pure garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

rEVOLVE
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I'm a backer for the Pebble - just got a project update this morning notifying backers that all Pebbles will now support BT 4.0!

One of the biggest draws of this product for me is the low power consumption - I don't need the watch display to be colorful if it means i'm running out of charge faster than my phone. I'm still interested in the WIMM and Sony, but I'm guessing I won't get as much use out of it if I'm forgetting to charge it/running out of battery all the time.