Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

CodeNameAndroid ICS Q&A

OP b-eock

2nd March 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
More
Hi guys,

I'm interested in trying this ROM out.

I'm coming from Serendipity VII, which if I understand correctly is I9000 based. Just to make sure I understand what I'm doing, I should just be able to reboot to recovery, and install the CNA ROM from the zip file, correct? Any other steps necessary?

Thanks
3rd March 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the newguy

Hi guys,

I'm interested in trying this ROM out.

I'm coming from Serendipity VII, which if I understand correctly is I9000 based. Just to make sure I understand what I'm doing, I should just be able to reboot to recovery, and install the CNA ROM from the zip file, correct? Any other steps necessary?

Thanks

I got it installed (with the Glitch kernel - running at 1.4Ghz so far), and I'm very impressed

The only issue I haven't yet been able to figure out is the external SD card. It seems that it now gets mounted under /mnt/emmc/ ? For whatever reason, the music player can't find the media that I have on the external SD card. Any ideas? I can find it using ES File Explorer and play the files individually.
15th March 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #13  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 11

47 posts
Privacy
There has been an ever-increasing number of apps which want access to private information (like call logs, location, and contact information) without needing it to run the application. I'm talking about games and not apps which require such information like Anti-virus and such. Will we ever have a permission manager a la MIUI on this ROM? I understand that many developers work in concert, so I am wondering why most ROM's are not created with safeguards in place to protect private information. I am aware that I am not in the MIUI Q&A section, but I feel this is an issue that all ROM's should consider in order to protect private information. I know that I don't have to install apps which ask for this information if I don't want to give up my information, but it seems that every app nowadays asks for these permissions and it would be a shame to continue as if there were nothing wrong with compromising private information to play a game.

Thanks in advance.
17th March 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #14  
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 16

179 posts
More
I was one if the unlucky ones that had no 3g data after flashing this rom, flashed glitch, moved apn-conf.XML to the /system/etc/ directory overwriting the old file.

This did not bring data back. I decided to look at the apn list and noticed that it was blank. Clicked the menu button, then selected reset to defaults. Ten minutes later I had data.
22nd March 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 82

344 posts
Lock Screen
Has the lock screen been updated to allow for custom applications where it shows the icon of the custom application instead of that alien looking character? This was one of the reasons I moved away from this ROM and would love to come back. I'm not a fan of having to try to remember which application ties to which alien character.
22nd March 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #16  
Flag Bellevue

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide83

Has the lock screen been updated to allow for custom applications where it shows the icon of the custom application instead of that alien looking character? This was one of the reasons I moved away from this ROM and would love to come back. I'm not a fan of having to try to remember which application ties to which alien character.

Not yet. It still shows the animated android.

Nostalgia shows the custom icons on the ICS lock screen. (haven't flashed any other ICS roms yet.)

Update 3/24:
All aosp roms do not show custom icons.
All aokp based roms do show custom icons.

aosp also seems a little laggier than aokp. Playing angry birds space @ 1.3 ghz resulted in click and audio lag. (Gummy charged was my aosp test platform at that time).

Docs runs blazing fast at same speed with no click lag. Aokp m28 clocked at 800 MHz / glitch runs smooth. I think this is because of the scrolling cache which I force disabled in from control.

Thanks for your work bringing ics to captivate.
Last edited by scythekain; 25th March 2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: rom experience update.
23rd March 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #17  
Flag Turmero
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Any way to disable the proximity sensor in this rom? The thing is the cappy i purchased came with that sensor dead.. This makes the phone freeze while making calls for example.. I'm using right now MIUI 2.3.2 Gingerbread 2.3.7 and I can disable it with almost no effort at all..

Thanks in advance

P.S. Check it out the attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AECeq.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	960753  
25th March 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #18  
Flag Bellevue

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huesos66

Any way to disable the proximity sensor in this rom? The thing is the cappy i purchased came with that sensor dead.. This makes the phone freeze while making calls for example.. I'm using right now MIUI 2.3.2 Gingerbread 2.3.7 and I can disable it with almost no effort at all..

Thanks in advance

P.S. Check it out the attachment

Have you tried just disabling the rotation power toggle?
25th March 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #19  
Flag Turmero
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythekain

Have you tried just disabling the rotation power toggle?

Sorry but I don't really see how the rotation would be related to the proximity sensor functionalities. I could try that, but I would be more than grateful if you could explain me a little further the relationship between those two.. Anyways I have to download the rom, nandroid backup, and flash everything to test it out.

Thanks for the reply
25th March 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #20  
Flag Bellevue

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huesos66

Sorry but I don't really see how the rotation would be related to the proximity sensor functionalities. I could try that, but I would be more than grateful if you could explain me a little further the relationship between those two.. Anyways I have to download the rom, nandroid backup, and flash everything to test it out.

Thanks for the reply

you are correct, the proximity sensor does not control rotation. a bit a of a flub on my part sorry.

here are some things I tried with my AOKP rom (don't think the AOSP - CNA is too much different?)

1) There is no setting in the call menu for the proximity sensor.

2) However if you cover your sensor (which is broken anyways right?) a dab of black nail polish, to block all the light from it. I covered my sensor with my thumb and the screen stayed on. However if the problem is deeper within your hardware (possibly the control IC for the sensor), it will still lock up when it tries to access the current state of the sensor.

3) It's possible from what I've found that your sensor is okay, and that there is an internal blockage to the sensor cover. (though, my phone didn't lock up with the sensor covered?). Try canned air/ Vacuum to clear the blockage?

4) There are a several application options as none of the ICS roms I've used appear to have that MIUI option.

http://www.ehow.com/how_12187467_dis...r-android.html

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread