FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Still no decent replacement for the Desire

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Chilldesire, Member on 13th January 2012, 04:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st March 2012, 05:43 PM |#81  
stankyou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegeeoh

Well then you can start to cry and curse.

I thought so.
 
 
2nd March 2012, 06:15 AM |#82  
Senior Member
Flag Lodz, Poland
Thanks Meter: 94
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou

So what happens then if that didn't work? I've experienced freezes on Desire that Power+Volume Down+Trackpad combination can't reset. Anyway that micro SIM on OneS is a no no for me.

Why 'no' to the microsim? You can trim a normal simcard to fit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UlXjpjK4
2nd March 2012, 07:57 AM |#83  
stankyou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parastie

Why 'no' to the microsim? You can trim a normal simcard to fit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UlXjpjK4

I dont know... I really dont like the idea of going through all that trouble of making my sim incompatible with the rest of my old phones or majority of other users where I am located. I wanna make it sure that if ever I cant get my new phone to work (because of some stupid stuff I did modding it) I can just put my sim to another phone and not worry about people not being able to reach me during those time. You can say I can just make an adapter but then why go through all the trouble?

Im pretty sure micro sims would be or is the standard right now but its not widely popular where I am yet.

via xda app
2nd March 2012, 08:18 AM |#84  
Geegeeoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
You can just use an adapter then:

3rd March 2012, 12:20 PM |#85  
zedmarcus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 716
 
More
The way the Desire forums are going I think it's high time I moved on (all the name calling and bitching is unbelievable!).

But what to get??? I see the HTC Sensation has finally dipped below £300 on Amazon.uk but if I get it I know I'll be wanting something newer as soon as I get it...

Hmm... I just don't know. Maybe the new Sony Xperia S???
Choices, choices...
3rd March 2012, 12:50 PM |#86  
Geegeeoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
You'd change the phone becouse… of the bitching and **** on a forum?
3rd March 2012, 01:03 PM |#87  
stankyou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Am I the only one that sees the bottom part of the new xperia series as a complete waste of space?

via xda app
3rd March 2012, 01:14 PM |#88  
zedmarcus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 716
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegeeoh

You'd change the phone becouse… of the bitching and **** on a forum?

No. I'd change the phone because development on the Desire is dead. All of the decent developers have now gone (they've moved on to newer devices), I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids bitching and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

Desire development??? That's a bit of a joke now.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou

Am I the only one that sees the bottom part of the new xperia series as a complete waste of space?

via xda app

I kinda agree, but the Xperia S looks a decent device.
The Following User Says Thank You to zedmarcus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 01:18 PM |#89  
erklat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 454
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedmarcus

I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids bitching and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

I couldn't have said it better either. Or maybe I could employ an image or two

I have had it for slightly less than you, but it has repaid itself many times since then. I have had great times tinkering with it and playing, and with kids and discount hunters remaining here, it is unsafe IQ-wise to be here any longer
3rd March 2012, 01:55 PM |#90  
zedmarcus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 716
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erklat

I couldn't have said it better either. Or maybe I could employ an image or two

I have had it for slightly less than you, but it has repaid itself many times since then. I have had great times tinkering with it and playing, and with kids and discount hunters remaining here, it is unsafe IQ-wise to be here any longer

+1
(10 chars)
25th June 2012, 12:06 PM |#91  
phonedroid's Avatar
Member
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So, which is the best replacement for Desire now?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes