[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

funktron

May 12, 2011
Not a ROM issue, I don't think, but just a heads up to folks.

Scoremobile updated today and now I can't run the widget without it forceclosing every 30 seconds or so. It hasn't forceclosed on me in CM9 til now. Uninstall/reinstall did not fix. I'll be cc'ing the dev on it.

Hand delivered by Supercharged Epic CM9

skssha

Aug 29, 2009
India, Ranipet
Installed alpha 5 and every thing working fine except data.It's telling connecting for some time and then disconnecting. Is there any work around for this ? Help appreciated.

skssha

morbiddevil82

Aug 5, 2010
Rogers, AR
bluetooth

Well...guess they removed the search this thread feature..unless im not seeing it..

Anyways.. Got the ROM loaded and it is working pretty good right now..except...

It does not find my car stereo via bluetooth (clarion cx501) and the radio does not find my phone (and yes it is discoverable).

I had the same issues with my last ROM (cleanrom). I do know that the bluetooth works because it finds my wifes phone (exact same phone, except hers is completely stock (not even rooted))

So... maybe other people have had this issue. Not sure.

I will log it on the site.

yansen

Aug 28, 2007
portland
Installed alpha 5 and every thing working fine except data.It's telling connecting for some time and then disconnecting. Is there any work around for this ? Help appreciated.

skssha

what u experience is the same as me, having data problem on cm9 based rom (including miuiv4), but data is fine on marcusant v3 rom.

if u check on settings-phone info-status, and look at the MEID, while on cm9 the MEID just show 00000000000000, and while on marcusant rom the MEID show the real value of our ESN.

maybe the data problem is because of this, but I still don't able to fix this yet.

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
what u experience is the same as me, having data problem on cm9 based rom (including miuiv4), but data is fine on marcusant v3 rom.

if u check on settings-phone info-status, and look at the MEID, while on cm9 the MEID just show 00000000000000, and while on marcusant rom the MEID show the real value of our ESN.

maybe the data problem is because of this, but I still don't able to fix this yet.

hummmmm MEID showing nothing but 000000's isn't a CM9 issue.....

Sent from a CM9 powered Epic.

Last edited:

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Something really borked on your phone. Odin to EL30 and see if it comes back.

yansen

Aug 28, 2007
portland
it's just weird when on other rom there is no issue about the data.
just as now i back to marcusant v3.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Something really borked on your phone. Odin to EL30 and see if it comes back.

I'm on EL30 while having this issue, odin back to EG22 right now, still can't resolve the data problem.

well, i'll try anyway, to odin and flash again, so i can take a screenshot also of the empty meid while on cm9.

Last edited by a moderator:

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Anyones flash not work when taking a video? Also the lighting gets a lot darker. Is this known? Probably is...

Sent from my Samsung Epic using CM9!

yansen

Aug 28, 2007
portland
Okay, about the data problem, i've tried to reflash my modem through odin before wipe all data and install cm9, but it still exist, can't connect to internet, keep disconnected.

Last edited by a moderator:

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
Anyones flash not work when taking a video? Also the lighting gets a lot darker. Is this known? Probably is...

Sent from my Samsung Epic using CM9!

Yep its known. You have to manually turn flash on. Auto is broken.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

as u can see, on marcusant v3, the meid just show the value.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

I'm on EL30 while having this issue, odin back to EG22 right now, still can't resolve the data problem.

well, i'll try anyway, to odin and flash again, so i can take a screenshot also of the empty meid while on cm9.

Okay, about the data problem, i've tried to reflash my modem through odin before wipe all data and install cm9, but it still exist, can't connect to internet, keep disconnected.

MEID with value on marcusant v3 rom:

MEID with empty value on cm9:

You should delete these pictures. Never, ever, ever share you meid online. That is your phones secret code (esn) and is very easy to clone.

Reactions: || Acer ||

Nitefall

Dec 13, 2007
Chicago
No complaints here I love using cm9 but wanted to note that earlier i tried to change my modem through odin and borked something so i odin'ed back to the stock el30 rom and decided to try out some data speeds using the speedtest app
So while on stock el30 rom I was running at around .35mbs dl so I decided to try out the stock EC05 rom as long as I was flashing and that was running around 8-9mbs.....
I figure looks like EC05 works best for my area so i load up the cm9 rom and run the speedtest app and it comes in around 1mbs

Did I just have some sort of freak signal or something that made it ramp up that high or is this something that is known and I just missed it in this thread or somewhere else

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

[/COLOR]

No I am talking about the whole stock firmware not just the modem. Return to stock with full EL30 tar with pit and repartition checked. then see if you have an MEID. If not Sprint will have to reprogram your phone.

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
This bad battery life is killing me :( I've tried everything from reflashing to battery resets. No changes.

Is anybody else getting bad stats?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
This bad battery life is killing me :( I've tried everything from reflashing to battery resets. No changes.

Is anybody else getting bad stats?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

No not me, really good. There's a whole thread on battery tips you might try checking there

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 0 has been released. This thread is now deprecated. Please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536238

CM9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 alpha 5 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G.
    This is VERY NEW so please read these pages carefully before you proceed with testing.

BUG REPORTS:
    Please check if your bug is already known in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.

Do not report bugs if it has anything to do with:

• Non-standard CM9 kernels
    • Voicemail - already several solutions for that problem.
    • Already listed on the CM9 Status page

CM9 Status
    CM9 alpha5 Release Notes and Changelog

If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team.

Circle us on Google+!
    [reserved]

From the Epic CM G+ Stream:

2012-02-20-230953.png

IMG_20120217_111458.jpg

IMG_20120217_111600.jpg

IMG_20120217_111620.jpg

Thank you!
    To the devs, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on CM9 so far. As far as testing this, the only issue I've had so far is just the battery. It's really weird when using a extended life battery(1800mah) and not getting much usage as the 1500mah battery. But using Rom Toolbox and adjusting the settings, I've managed to pull 10hrs at 71% with light to moderate use. I'm sure that whenever you guys do get all the bugs worked out, it's gonna be a really great rom. Everything is running pretty good for me...though I don't use all the apps that others are using. I do, however, get 4g usage while there is no 4g in the state of Oklahoma at this time. Used it in a store where 3G and phone call didn't work because of signal loses.

As for the donation part...being on a fixed income has its' drawbacks especially when there are more bills to be paid than your income allows. I for one, believe that donations for your achievements are well earned. Thanks guys for taking the time to bring us ICS.

Don't ever feel obligated to donate. That's not the intention.

It's an option for those that like to show gratitude by letting money talk.

Personally, I've always though of a thanks as more than adequate for doing something that we actually enjoy doing.

So thank you.
    How to and review video will be up tonight!