5,815,179 Members 38,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMS]12/24/2011 joker roms unlocked and locked(4g)

Tip us?

tayzer522
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I hate to be that guy...but I need some clarification on flashing skinny4g...

Do I just flash it via CWM, or do I have to follow a completely different process?

I guess it's the bootstrap instructing that confuses me; is bootstrap something different from the CWM recovery?

I'll be in Chicago in a week and a half and would like to try out 4G...any help, greatly appreciated.

I've been flashing stuff for just over a year, so I'm not a complete idiot, just confused. LOL
**Back in my day, musicians used musical instruments to make music...I'm 24.**

Although, this is comedy:

dito33
Old
Thanks Meter 31
So where is the skinny4G file please, torrent not working either

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

ski21
Old
(Last edited by ski21; 19th March 2012 at 07:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Does anyone have any of the skinny roms they can upload. I'd like to try them out. Thanks
Motorola X

RockoDev
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,208

DONATE TO ME
yes look a few pages back

skinny rev.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1476
The Following User Says Thank You to RockoDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ski21
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks I appreciate it.
Motorola X

Fugitive87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzer522 View Post
I hate to be that guy...but I need some clarification on flashing skinny4g...

Do I just flash it via CWM, or do I have to follow a completely different process?

I guess it's the bootstrap instructing that confuses me; is bootstrap something different from the CWM recovery?

I'll be in Chicago in a week and a half and would like to try out 4G...any help, greatly appreciated.

I've been flashing stuff for just over a year, so I'm not a complete idiot, just confused. LOL
Yes, bootstrap is different from cwm. If your rooted you can use rom manager to flash cwm, that's the easiest way to do it. But you need to be unlocked which can be done by connecting to adb the going into fastboot mode and typing "fastboot OEM unlock ********" the stars being your unique id

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Android devices:
Motorola Photon unlocked & rooted.
Motorola Xoom unlocked & rooted.
Droid Eris rooted & retired.

geova87
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Will we ever see an update on this rom? I flash ICS and camera seems a bit borked for me... these here and CM7 are the only 100% functioning roms around... I already stated before that these roms had an issue when adding to the main screen a Motorola Contact Shortcut and other Moto widgets...

... thanks in advance for any reply joker! (I know you are around, you are always around here )
Sprint LG Optimus G

FanBoy_Hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive87 View Post
Yes, bootstrap is different from cwm. If your rooted you can use rom manager to flash cwm, that's the easiest way to do it. But you need to be unlocked which can be done by connecting to adb the going into fastboot mode and typing "fastboot OEM unlock ********" the stars being your unique id

Think of bootstrap as a temporary partial cwm of which u can use to flash the real cwm. I would advise jokers recovery if you think you'll be trying out cm9 again. Using rom manager will not work for flashing cm9 build, its not 100% yet. U will get stuck at the moto logo. Jokers recovery from his site will work fine for anything u need to flash.

ONE Bad MoPho
ON: Joker's-CM10 & Joker's-CM9 & Th3bill-MiUi & Anything using Joker's CM9 as a base & Occasionally some blurry crap / GappsV-mostRecent / Apex Launcher & Nova Launcher / Sometimes I wash my phone in the Kitchen Sink
SINCE: Alpha11(cm9)

"Silly Apple Fanboy's, Toys are for children"

IF I HELPED YOU FEEL FREE TO RAPE MY THANKBOX It makes me feel good

Fugitive87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanBoy_Hunter View Post
Think of bootstrap as a temporary partial cwm of which u can use to flash the real cwm. I would advise jokers recovery if you think you'll be trying out cm9 again. Using rom manager will not work for flashing cm9 build, its not 100% yet. U will get stuck at the moto logo. Jokers recovery from his site will work fine for anything u need to flash.

Thanks for that info about cm9. I was thinking about trying out cm9 but don't know how hard it would be to flash back to cm7 if I don't like it

Android devices:
Motorola Photon unlocked & rooted.
Motorola Xoom unlocked & rooted.
Droid Eris rooted & retired.

FanBoy_Hunter
Old
(Last edited by FanBoy_Hunter; 24th March 2012 at 06:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive87 View Post
Thanks for that info about cm9. I was thinking about trying out cm9 but don't know how hard it would be to flash back to cm7 if I don't like it

No problem. Its Super easy. Just be careful when restoring system files via titanium. Try to only backup what u need and apps. When u bounce between cm9-7 make sure to format system & data & cache in recovery then reboot recovery then wipe all then install rom. It seems like a lot but its really not and once your in the swing of things it literally takes 5 minutes to switch back and forth. A nandroid backup is always recommended
(Edit) if your on cm7 just make a nandroid backup. If you don't like cm9 just restore your backup and your right where you started. I guarantee you will love cm9 though and you won't switch back
Pm me if you need help.

ONE Bad MoPho
ON: Joker's-CM10 & Joker's-CM9 & Th3bill-MiUi & Anything using Joker's CM9 as a base & Occasionally some blurry crap / GappsV-mostRecent / Apex Launcher & Nova Launcher / Sometimes I wash my phone in the Kitchen Sink
SINCE: Alpha11(cm9)

"Silly Apple Fanboy's, Toys are for children"

IF I HELPED YOU FEEL FREE TO RAPE MY THANKBOX It makes me feel good