FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

[ROMS]12/24/2011 joker roms unlocked and locked(4g)

4,151 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,055
 
By jokersax11, Recognized Developer on 3rd November 2011, 10:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th February 2012, 07:33 PM |#1501  
Senior Member
Davenport
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I hate to be that guy...but I need some clarification on flashing skinny4g...

Do I just flash it via CWM, or do I have to follow a completely different process?

I guess it's the bootstrap instructing that confuses me; is bootstrap something different from the CWM recovery?

I'll be in Chicago in a week and a half and would like to try out 4G...any help, greatly appreciated.

I've been flashing stuff for just over a year, so I'm not a complete idiot, just confused. LOL
 
 
4th March 2012, 01:54 PM |#1502  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
So where is the skinny4G file please, torrent not working either

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
19th March 2012, 07:04 AM |#1503  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Does anyone have any of the skinny roms they can upload. I'd like to try them out. Thanks
Last edited by ski21; 19th March 2012 at 07:14 AM.
19th March 2012, 07:24 AM |#1504  
RockoDev's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 2,215
 
Donate to Me
More
yes look a few pages back

skinny rev.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1476
The Following User Says Thank You to RockoDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 01:16 PM |#1505  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Thanks I appreciate it.
21st March 2012, 12:05 AM |#1506  
Fugitive87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toledo, Oh
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayzer522

I hate to be that guy...but I need some clarification on flashing skinny4g...

Do I just flash it via CWM, or do I have to follow a completely different process?

I guess it's the bootstrap instructing that confuses me; is bootstrap something different from the CWM recovery?

I'll be in Chicago in a week and a half and would like to try out 4G...any help, greatly appreciated.

I've been flashing stuff for just over a year, so I'm not a complete idiot, just confused. LOL

Yes, bootstrap is different from cwm. If your rooted you can use rom manager to flash cwm, that's the easiest way to do it. But you need to be unlocked which can be done by connecting to adb the going into fastboot mode and typing "fastboot OEM unlock ********" the stars being your unique id

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
21st March 2012, 06:15 PM |#1507  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Will we ever see an update on this rom? I flash ICS and camera seems a bit borked for me... these here and CM7 are the only 100% functioning roms around... I already stated before that these roms had an issue when adding to the main screen a Motorola Contact Shortcut and other Moto widgets...

... thanks in advance for any reply joker! (I know you are around, you are always around here )
24th March 2012, 11:23 AM |#1508  
FanBoy_Hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boulder Co, San Francisco CA
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive87

Yes, bootstrap is different from cwm. If your rooted you can use rom manager to flash cwm, that's the easiest way to do it. But you need to be unlocked which can be done by connecting to adb the going into fastboot mode and typing "fastboot OEM unlock ********" the stars being your unique id

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Think of bootstrap as a temporary partial cwm of which u can use to flash the real cwm. I would advise jokers recovery if you think you'll be trying out cm9 again. Using rom manager will not work for flashing cm9 build, its not 100% yet. U will get stuck at the moto logo. Jokers recovery from his site will work fine for anything u need to flash.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
24th March 2012, 06:41 PM |#1509  
Fugitive87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toledo, Oh
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanBoy_Hunter

Think of bootstrap as a temporary partial cwm of which u can use to flash the real cwm. I would advise jokers recovery if you think you'll be trying out cm9 again. Using rom manager will not work for flashing cm9 build, its not 100% yet. U will get stuck at the moto logo. Jokers recovery from his site will work fine for anything u need to flash.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Thanks for that info about cm9. I was thinking about trying out cm9 but don't know how hard it would be to flash back to cm7 if I don't like it

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
24th March 2012, 06:48 PM |#1510  
FanBoy_Hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boulder Co, San Francisco CA
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive87

Thanks for that info about cm9. I was thinking about trying out cm9 but don't know how hard it would be to flash back to cm7 if I don't like it

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

No problem. Its Super easy. Just be careful when restoring system files via titanium. Try to only backup what u need and apps. When u bounce between cm9-7 make sure to format system & data & cache in recovery then reboot recovery then wipe all then install rom. It seems like a lot but its really not and once your in the swing of things it literally takes 5 minutes to switch back and forth. A nandroid backup is always recommended
(Edit) if your on cm7 just make a nandroid backup. If you don't like cm9 just restore your backup and your right where you started. I guarantee you will love cm9 though and you won't switch back
Pm me if you need help.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Last edited by FanBoy_Hunter; 24th March 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes