Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Elago g4 slim fit case

Tip us?

Eddie Bombay
Old
Thanks Meter 60
This thread is worthless without pics!

Jk, will google.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717
Google Nexus 7
iPad 3 - 32GB - AT&T
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

theonedub
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Here are some quick pictures I snapped of the case (front and back). Its got a great matte black finish that really reminds me of the Incipio Feather I have used on the Atrix and iPhone4 in the past. This one seems more durable with the short time I have had with it- it doesn't feel like it will snap easily like other thin cases.

Its really not difficult to take off unless you have only used soft gel or TPU cases before. Just pop off one corner, then the other on the same side and the entire case comes right off. Since the bottom is open, it works in the Samsung Desktop Dock perfectly.

(Don't mind the lift/bubbles on the screen protector, the new ones are in the mail )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00861.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	930028   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00862.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	930029   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00863.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	930031  
Motorola Atrix '4G' + Lapdock [Retired] -> ATT Samsung Galaxy Note LTE [Retired] -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
leaves the top and bottom edge exposed?

no good in case of drop

s1mpd1ddy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
leaves the top and bottom edge exposed?

no good in case of drop
The white one is not matte... It's pretty slick. It does have a little grip too it.

The top and Bottoms are exposed, however the corners are not. So drops on the corner aren't as bad as you might expect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

s1mpd1ddy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Sent from my CM9 Atrix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330907606253.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	931871   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330907637408.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	931872   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330907652159.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	931873  

schrochem
Old
Thanks Meter 106
I got mine yesterday. I got the matte blue.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna return it though.
I found it actually more slippery than the stock back.
I don't mind the top and bottom exposure because I think the odds of impact at those points are slim. I think the corners are most important and I don't know why one of them has a cutout (top right). I can't see a reason for it.
Looking at my last phone's scratches the corners are where it hit the few times it fell.
As far as the exposed top and bottom I guess it was easier to mold that way...
Like I said I don't mind the exposure but I realized the bottom opening has a bit of an edge to it. Noticeable. I was holding the phone one handed and I noticed I use my pinkie finger along the bottom of the phone as a cradle.
Unfortunately, that edge is right there and was uncomfortable.
So the case is beautiful and has the looks and the feel (but a bit slippery) but the exposed corner and the bottom edge make me want to try something else.
On my tbolt I had a Seido Surface and it was perfect. Slim and added very little bulk and weight.
I contacted Seido to see if they were going to make that line for the Note and they said at this time they weren;t. Perhaps the 5 million in sales will change that...I guess for now I'll keep it naked and research some more.

dcfella
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I got the black and white versions of this case off Amazon. The black definitely has a better grip. The white looks great with my new white note, but like other's have said, it's a glossy finish and doesn't have the some tact feel as the black.

I also got another cheap black case that has a small frame that snaps on the front to provide a lip around the screen. It feels exactly the same as the black elago, and aside from the front screen lip, it's the same size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Rubber...ht_1694wt_1396

jpg71
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrochem View Post
I got mine yesterday. I got the matte blue.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna return it though.
I found it actually more slippery than the stock back.
I don't mind the top and bottom exposure because I think the odds of impact at those points are slim. I think the corners are most important and I don't know why one of them has a cutout (top right). I can't see a reason for it.
I noticed that my case was slippery at first as well, but over time, it isn't as slippery as the stock white cover any more.

Also, the cut out on the upper right corner is to accommodate the antenna on the Korean version of the GNote. Rather than retool their fabrication process for other markets, they just used the same mold for all. At the price this thing goes for, you'd think they would've done a separate fabrication for models without the need for the cutout.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with mine.