[Q] How to Root Moto XT316(base on 2.3.4)

Search This thread

sid5291

Nov 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
There is no CWM Recovery for the XT530/311 :( ...

This root method works perfectly well on the XT530 2.3.5 . I have tried it ..

To update download the Motorola Software update Tool for your country . and connect your phone and run it, it will take about 30 mins or so ..

fxm67

Jan 27, 2012
Motorola Software update Tool says that there isn't any update for my Xt311 and I don't know why. However, I want to install 2.3.5 china Rom from Xda.

noahstevens

Nov 9, 2011
There is no CWM Recovery for the XT530/311 :( ...

This root method works perfectly well on the XT530 2.3.5 . I have tried it ..

To update download the Motorola Software update Tool for your country . and connect your phone and run it, it will take about 30 mins or so ..

while trying to root from sut lr it says my phone is not connected! any ideas?

ramanujam

Oct 3, 2007
Dear Team,
My rooting process is not successful. Kindly help me with the easiest way to root my MOTOROLA FIRE XT.

am7havoc

Feb 13, 2012
Motorola Fire XT311 on 2.3.5

hey guys dis is my 1st post....m a noob;) so pls tel me can i root my moto fire xt311 running on 2.3.5 wid d methods mentioned in dis post??
any help wud b appreciated!! thanx in adv!! :)

phig

Jan 18, 2011
Martillac
working :)

many thx for this howto.

my Xt311 work like a charm!:D

2.3.5, rooted, 4_53b_4034, apps_2.6.32.9, french, orange.

piquetto

Dec 19, 2011
Italy
New link:
dc377.4shared.com/download/1WN1zUJA/xt316.rar?tsid=20120220-103548-d225d936

I have rebboted in recovery (vol+ & on) and restore my phone..now it works like a charm.

evilinheaven

May 22, 2011
Couldn't find the files to download...

For the Spice Key. (XT316)

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot!

UberSteiner

Mar 8, 2012
Looking for Root tools ? Help is HERE !!!

Got it rooted !!

Model: Moto XT311
Ver: UK Motorola 'Fire'
Running: v2.3.4
Kernel: Apps_2.6.32.9
Build Number: 4_40C_4067

Here is how i did it to the letter... Even at times i questioned the sequence but it worked.. These instructions are formulated from various sources.. Before you begin unzip the main Zip file I have uploaded and then unzip all the contained zips to one folder. Call the folder Root and put it on your main drive ie(C:/). Ensure that the infamous FXX_PR3_NV.xml is in the root folder..

INSTRUCTIONS:-

Before Rooting:

Prepare your phone by doing the following:
- Go to Settings > Applications > CHECK "Unknown Sources"
- Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
- Connect your phone via USB, when prompted DO NOT select USB Mass Storage.

1. download and UN-compress all files. on your phone, choose application setting->development->enable "USB debugging", then connect your phone with your pc with USB cable and install driver automatically.

2. install SUT1.75 & RSD LiTE by Motorola which include drivers.

3. Run SUT1.75, choose FXX_PR3_NV.xml. Make sure you select file open option XML from drop down in file open menu.

4. Run cmd > adb shell (if your ROOT folder is located in c:\, then change directly to c:\ROOT, type adb shell), wait untill "#" appear, then you can minimise the cmd window.

5. Open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd,

Phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, Goto step 5 again and complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

6. Go into SuperOneClick folder, run SuperOneClick.exe, press Root.
Force a connection with USB drivers. The software will automaticaly do this. The program will now executed and run with NO ERRORS.

After it says it is completed, check if you have the Skull Android icon ( Get SUuperUser APP) Now look in the menu, if Confirmed, your phone has been rooted.

I can't upload any files or provide links as im new round here..

I HAVE ALL FILES/SOFTWARE NEEDED FOR THIS PROCEDURE !!!
79.5 MB (83,442,583 bytes)..

UbersMotoXT311v2.3.4.zip
filefactory.com/file/c4a5c17/n/UbersMotoXT311v2.3.4.zip

Last edited:

Ben531

Mar 10, 2012
Hello, i have had my xt531 for few months now and i want to root it, if i do it what consequences will have my phone, i want to un install apps that came with the phone and i dont use like quick office, if i root can it get back to normal or it will die if the rooting fails?
And i will follow the instructions of the post above because the links at the forst post does not work.

UberSteiner

Mar 8, 2012
Hello, i have had my xt531 for few months now and i want to root it, if i do it what consequences will have my phone, i want to un install apps that came with the phone and i dont use like quick office, if i root can it get back to normal or it will die if the rooting fails? Phone wont die imo doing what i suggested.
And i will follow the instructions of the post above because the links at the forst post does not work. You do that and come back to tel us how you got on..

Vefire unistalling apps AFTER rooting always backup or you will loose data from before root applied...

sohanwins

Mar 12, 2012
YaY! I rooted my Motorola Fire XT311 this morning. I'm very thankful for this forum and "lichingho"

Actually, I tried it two weeks ago but couldn't find the files as they are expired then yesterday I found it somewhere on the web and I did it!

The main reason behind rooting my phone was to get rid of low internal memory message. Can experts guide me here how to do that? Any specific application or function?

adinet112

Mar 17, 2012
Hello!!

Can you please put files, because filefactory do not work.

Got it rooted !!

Here is how i did it to the letter... Even at times i questioned the sequence but it worked.. These instructions are formulated from various sources.. Before you begin unzip the main Zip file I have uploaded and then unzip all the contained zips to one folder. Call the folder Root and put it on your main drive ie(C:/). Ensure that the infamous FXX_PR3_NV.xml is in the root folder..

Before Rooting:

- Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"

1. download and UN-compress all files. on your phone, choose application setting->development->enable "USB debugging", then connect your phone with your pc with USB cable and install driver automatically.

3. Run SUT1.75, choose FXX_PR3_NV.xml. Make sure you select file open option XML from drop down in file open menu.

4. Run cmd > adb shell (if your ROOT folder is located in c:\, then change directly to c:\ROOT, type adb shell), wait untill "#" appear, then you can minimise the cmd window.

Phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, Goto step 5 again and complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

Force a connection with USB drivers. The software will automaticaly do this. The program will now executed and run with NO ERRORS.

After it says it is completed, check if you have the Skull Android icon ( Get SUuperUser APP) Now look in the menu, if Confirmed, your phone has been rooted.

UbersMotoXT311v2.3.4.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    China 2.3.5 Rom (this Rom is excluding all Google service, please see point 7 below to install back the google service if you would like and after flashed with this Rom):http://hotfile.com/dl/143245160/a3f398f/DMQ-4500-0-7009-A01_RFM.sbf.html

this root is for 2.3 only

Tools needed: SUT1.75, SuperOneClick2.1, RootD3, ROOT (http://hotfile.com/dl/134441977/e36bb3b/Rooting_XT316.zip.html)

2. install SUT1.75.

3. Run SUT1.75, choose the corresponding file (FXX_PR3_NV.xml) from the folder (ROOT), when "Task 2 of 2 finished", click "Finish",
    then your phone reboots:

094609t3cccyguii81tcg1.jpg

4. after reboot, on pc, run cmd ->

type: cd (folder of ROOTD3)->

type : adb shell,

wait untill "#" appear, then you can close the cmd window.

5. open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd

your phone will reboot 3 times. After the 1st reboot, please check if the 2nd reboot starts automatically, if not, unplug the USB cable and plug it again, step 5 complete when the 3rd reboot is done.

After it says it is completed, check if you have the Skull Android icon in the menu, if yes, your phone has been rooted.

7. Google GMS pack: http://hotfile.com/dl/143237519/5b4a135/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip.html

7.1 download and copy the above file to the root of your sdcard

7.2 reboot into recovery mode, install / update by this file, reboot phone, google service is ready.

All materials and information on the above are quoted from a Chinese forum called DK forum, I did nothing but just translate into English and share in here. Here is the link: http://bbs.dkdiy.net/thread-2337-1-1.html
    Model: Motorola XT311
    Android version: 2.3.5 ;)

This method worked for me. On step 5 I chose RootD3.cmd file. I only had to unplug and plug usb cable on this step as it was explained.

You can see the images here: h t t p s ://sites.google.com/site/wikihowtosetup/root-motorola-xt316-or-xt510

Thank you!!!
    Hi, since i had some trouble rooting my Fire XT (X530) on 2.3.5, i'll tell you what to do (no guarantees though ^^).
    The original link in the howto no longer works, a google search brings up many alternatives fortunately: can't post links yet, google for rooting_xt316.zip
    Turn on USB debugging on your phone
    Unzip the archive
    Install and run SUT LR, choose the file FXX_PR3_NV.xml from the ROOT folder, your phone will reboot after flashing. (personal data was left intact, don't take my word for it though!!!)
    Get into a cmd window, navigate to RootD3 and type: adb shell
    wait until # appears (don't remember if phone rebooted lol)
    [optional?]open RootD3 folder, run RootD3_zhCN.cmd[/optional?] (hung for me)
    Be sure to have the SD unmounted in the phone before running SuperOneClick (it mounts again at every restart)
    Run newest SuperOneClick (not sure if included one will work as i didn't try) as administrator and press Root

Check for Superuser app
    ???
    Profit! :p

SuperOneClick always hung at step 5 before doing above mentioned steps. Hope they will be useful to someone. :)
    Looking for Root tools ? Help is HERE !!!

Got it rooted !!

Before Rooting:

UbersMotoXT311v2.3.4.zip

@arkfirext:
    - I have rooted my XT311 using this method
    - command "adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2" works, now I have (almost) all my apps on sdcard. This only works after root, and I recomend that you use a big sdcard (at least 4GB) so you don't have to remove it from the phone very often.

Here is how you set default install location to sd card:

First you have to enable USB debugging on your Android device from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
    Now you need to download and install the Android SDK on your computer from developer.android.com/sdk. Once you’ve downloaded and extracted the package to the folder of your choice, run SDK Setup.exe and click on Available Packages to the left. If you get an error message at this point, enable “Force ht t ps:/ /…” in the Settings. From the list of available packages, select “Usb Driver package”, click on the Install Selected button in the bottom right corner and follow the prompts.
    Connect your phone to your computer with a USB-cable. Your OS will prompt you to install new drivers. Choose to install them from the android-sdk/usb_driver folder. Do not mount your device; you only need to plug-in the cable.
    Next, run a command prompt and navigate to the Android-SDK\tools folder. In Windows, this is done by selecting Run from the Start Menu (or by pressing Win+R) and typing cmd. You change drives in the command prompt by entering the drive letter followed by a colon :)), and change folders with the CD command. For example, to enter the Android-SDK folder, simply type cd android-sdk.
    In the Android-SDK\tools folder, type in adb devices and you should get a serial number starting with “H” in return. All you have to do next is entering adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2. Voilà, you’re done! Android will now install apps to the SD card by default.
    To switch back to storing software on the internal memory, enter adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0.