Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wm 6.5 rom question

Tip us?

coacheaton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] wm 6.5 rom question

im sorry if this is a redundant question but how (if its even possible) do you flash a wm 6.5 rom to the athena? i'm asking because i have a very stable rom i just love on my treo pro and i'm wanting to see if i can put this same one on my x7500. please let me know if its even possible.

rjstep3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
well you need to go to the sub group about ROM development for this device.

However, I would question if you want to do this at all. WM 6.5 was really designed to be finger friendly, but the Athena is not really finger friendly at all, and you really need to press hard to get the screen to respond. I ended up using the Athena project WM 6.1, which is just fine for my purposes.

Having said which, I use it less and less - and it will probably soon be sacrificed for a nice new Android tablet.

rjstep3
"Ten thousand difficulties do not make one doubt"

Currently using: Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Tab 10.1 - and thrilled with both.

Asus Transformer TF101 + dock (running Android Revolution as stock does not work)

newKidOnxda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Just another WM question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstep3 View Post
well you need to go to the sub group about ROM development for this device.

However, I would question if you want to do this at all. WM 6.5 was really designed to be finger friendly, but the Athena is not really finger friendly at all, and you really need to press hard to get the screen to respond. I ended up using the Athena project WM 6.1, which is just fine for my purposes.

Having said which, I use it less and less - and it will probably soon be sacrificed for a nice new Android tablet.

rjstep3
I've noted that you're still using your HTC Tytn II, just wondering what ROM you have on it.