Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Opinion on GenericGinger v2

OP HewettBR

6th February 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 126

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
im looking forward to some new roms from teddy and co. Makes the phone completely new
27th February 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 26

243 posts
More
I am trying this... as I have been using GingerClone V2 exclusively, since I payed the bounty, and it was the most stable. I kept running into weird issues with others upon updating su, and busybox on the others, not to mention the home screen lag-factor that stares at you blankly all the time, with no home screen anything, just a blank stare...

This ROM stared at me blankly for a bit a few times, but if I can get SMS pics form the messaging application it will be worth it... here and there.

Giving her a whirl...
28th February 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #23  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
this is the first rom that I flashed...I flashed it because it was all that I could get...it's better than stock is all that I will say...I had a few issues but didn't take note of them...I judge roms based off how many times I have to reboot and needless to say I had to reboot several times...well I finally have Glorious Overdose v2 and I don't want anything else...atleast until a real ICS is released!!
5th March 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
I have this rom, I love it. It was the only one I could download but well worth the search. I score 1700+ on quadrant standard. I've never rebooted due to freeze. Its super smooth.

Sent from GenericGinger 2.0 Sidekick 4G using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to oZerGx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #25  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HewettBR

Has anyone used this ROM

simply-android.com/discussion/1763/rom-genericginger-2.0-for-sidekick-4g-t-mobile-updated-120911/p1

I've been going through ROMs every few days or so trying to find one i like and i flashed this one today. I'm not sure how i feel about its speed, i guess i was just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought

Just installed it, very nice.. Will write more when I've had it on my SK for longer than a day. First impression is its very speedy and clean. Fixes some of the color choices tmobile made.. It includes carhome and a music player app, better email, better message app. Lots of free space to install things.
19th March 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #26  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeshopperdotcom

Just installed it, very nice.. Will write more when I've had it on my SK for longer than a day. First impression is its very speedy and clean. Fixes some of the color choices tmobile made.. It includes carhome and a music player app, better email, better message app. Lots of free space to install things.

some lockups, some crashes and bluetooth probs so going back to something else..

G
21st March 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #27  
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 8

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped

Stock KJ2 does that, so I don't think it's really a rom issue per se. Seems like it doesn't keep the launcher layout in memory during high usage or something.

I noticed the same thing
22nd March 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #28  
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 8

114 posts
More
I will have to look into this rom, I have been using ginger clone v2
26th March 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #29  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
This is by far one of the best ROMs I've used! There's a few cosmetic things I'd like changed, but I can look past that. This ROM is fast and sleek and it looks nice!
2nd April 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 32

337 posts
More
It was crap, had a feeling it was a rip off of other people's work. Worked ok for a few days then it started acting weird and pissing me off. So I said "screw this I'm going to flash "back to basics"

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread