No registration required

New 12070 firmware arriving soon to your Lumia 800

OP sHaHiN786

5th March 2012, 10:27 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 15

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmouni

How does the camera compare to the 4S or the Titan?

Having compared with the 4S I would say Lumia 800 is better. Had a number of light situations 4S wouldn't get a good pic and the Lumia got one. I haven't tried with this new update yet though.
5th March 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #22  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 13

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughesy

Having compared with the 4S I would say Lumia 800 is better. Had a number of light situations 4S wouldn't get a good pic and the Lumia got one. I haven't tried with this new update yet though.

I'm not sure about that. My wife has the 4S and it has a spectacular camera, I very much doubt the Lumia can do better.
5th March 2012, 12:13 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 15

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitterTwisted

I'm not sure about that. My wife has the 4S and it has a spectacular camera, I very much doubt the Lumia can do better.

Having experienced both together first hand and at same moment for comparison it was pretty clear.

What is your experience with both cameras which makes you doubt the Lumia can do better?
5th March 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
Quote:

Having experienced both together first hand and at same moment for comparison it was pretty clear.

What is your experience with both cameras which makes you doubt the Lumia can do better?

I think I should sligtly rephrase my question. I love the camera performance of the Lumia but for that slight green tinge in the photos and a heavy green tinge for shots in the dark.. Is that gone?
If they are gone then the camera is easily comparable to the 4S ...
5th March 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #25  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerpalmer

I downloaded the 1600.2487.8107.12070 firmware and compared it to another phone I have running the older firmware. Whitebalance (picture quality) is much better, there is more bass in the music (same volume) and the battery drain seems to be cut in 1/2 at idle (as shown by the diagnostic tool).

How do you manually download and install the firmware?
5th March 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 68

227 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have both the 4S and the Lumia. I hate to say it because I love the Lumia but the 4S camera is much better in every situation except when using the flash.
5th March 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #27  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 13

155 posts
More
Quote:

To me it's obvious just from looking at the screen when pointing it at anything. The the way the 4S handles light is amazing e.g. in the house in the evenings. I think it's pretty much the best phone camera out there except for that insane new Nokia 41MP beast!

The Lumia is much better than standard Android crap though.
5th March 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 200

284 posts
The Lumia 800 and the N9 currently have the worst cameras that Nokia sells.
Judging by resolution charts, the 4S beats them cleanly. The E7, X7, E6 and such EDoF cameras even seem to perform better.

The N8 makes the 4S camera look like a toy though.
6th March 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #29  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 52

263 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic

I have both the 4S and the Lumia. I hate to say it because I love the Lumia but the 4S camera is much better in every situation except when using the flash.

100% agree. I have both too, iPhone 4s is probably the best phone camera out there.. Overall even better than n8 and every other top smartphone that I tested it against. Although lumia is top class when taking a portrait at night with the flash, its really powerful for led and spreads out over the image very well. Plus ease of use and convenience I'd say windows phone has the best camera app. I have plenty of reasons for that
6th March 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #30  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
I received the 1600.2487.8107.12070 update via Zune today. Anyone else got it officially?
I've only had it for like half an hour and I haven't noticed much besides the improved sound quality and the capacitive buttons are now always lit.

Haven't tested the battery life yet though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread