Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth mice and hover controls?

OP tmagritte

5th March 2012, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

249 posts
I connected a bluetooth mouse I had lying around hoping it would allow me to use the browser like a desktop browser with support for things like popups that occur when hovering the cursor over a link/picture, dragging flash or other controls, drag-select text.

None of these things worked. The cursor appears and I can move, tap, drag and use the scroll wheel. But it basically behaves as a surrogate of my finger. All the web controls that would require a mouse on a desktop and that don't work with my finger, don't work any better with the cursor.

Is this the expected behaviour? I tried the stock browser, Dolphin and Firefox. They were all the same.

Is there any advantage to using a bluetooth mouse? The only things I can see are less fingerprints on the screen a better precision for positioning the text cursor. But my capacitive stylus covers those just as well.

Thanks.
5th March 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 8,359

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tried it on Chrome? Depends with FW are you on, and kernel.
5th March 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misledz

Tried it on Chrome? Depends with FW are you on, and kernel.

Does it work properly on Chrome? From what I understand Chrome requires ICS and while I played with it briefly it seemed like it still needed work on stability and I use the camera for Evernote. But I'd be happy if ICS supports proper mouse integration.

I'm using Task 14 with Pershoot's kernal.

Thanks.
5th March 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Central Illinois
Thanks Meter: 205

853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagritte

I connected a bluetooth mouse I had lying around hoping it would allow me to use the browser like a desktop browser with support for things like popups that occur when hovering the cursor over a link/picture, dragging flash or other controls, drag-select text.

None of these things worked. The cursor appears and I can move, tap, drag and use the scroll wheel. But it basically behaves as a surrogate of my finger. All the web controls that would require a mouse on a desktop and that don't work with my finger, don't work any better with the cursor.

Is this the expected behaviour? I tried the stock browser, Dolphin and Firefox. They were all the same.

Is there any advantage to using a bluetooth mouse? The only things I can see are less fingerprints on the screen a better precision for positioning the text cursor. But my capacitive stylus covers those just as well.

Thanks.

With what you are using, I believe you are getting the expected behavior. "an extension of your finger"

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
6th March 2012, 08:05 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 8,359

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagritte

Does it work properly on Chrome? From what I understand Chrome requires ICS and while I played with it briefly it seemed like it still needed work on stability and I use the camera for Evernote. But I'd be happy if ICS supports proper mouse integration.

I'm using Task 14 with Pershoot's kernal.

Thanks.

Not entirely sure since I don't have a BTooth mouse but will test it for you sometime this week.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread