Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How good is the Lumia 800?
Fantastic phone - get one now 136 69.39%
Its good but better phones available 47 23.98%
Really shouldn't have upgraded; disappointed. 15 7.65%
Not enough differentation; will keep what I have 4 2.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

First Impressions on your new Nokia 800

Tip us?

sendark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey i like the phone. My only concern is that i'm a headphone freak and switching over from Apple, all my headphones (AIAIAI TMA-1) with volume control and mic dont work, and nokia suggests that i buy a pair of their horrible 'pure' headphones.

Do you think this will be fixed in the future? I clearly see no reason why the software can't handle apple-style remotes, especially when the long-middle-button-press does bring the speech recognition window up.

That's the only concern, if they get that fixed (which they really have to) then the lumia becomes a serious contender.

surferjox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkedk View Post
The first one I got was not properly seated in the casing on the right side of the screen, so when using the phone it had an annoying click sound when using the touchscreen.
The second one had a scratch on the inside of the screen.
And this third one has bad battery. Now the release of the firmware update is going to be during next week according to a Danish Nokia technician.

I had the same problem with the screen not proper attached on my lumia 800, making clicking sound when pressing the middle of the screen. Got a new lumia same day, no problems with that one Just love the phone. My previous phone where a Htc Hd2 running wp7 mangoo.. But what an improvment with a "real" wp7 device. My smile is still there 3 weeks using the phone

newabv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am coming from BlackBerry, iPhone and Android.
Nokia Lumia with WP is fantastic!
Probably there are some issues but compared with others... oh LUMIA is my choice.
I am just unhappy about people who buying what is "number 1" - here in Bulgaria everybody want iPhone or SGS2
I remember the times when I start to use BB, people in Bulgaria wanted only Symbian and wandered what stupid phone is mine
Now is like as it was before
WP needs some support to prove its advantages.

jambo89liam
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just got my new phone loving it. Tho there's one problem: when its on low brightness and you look at the screen at certain angles the colours get discoloured, has anybody noticed this?

arkedk
Old
Thanks Meter 552

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo89liam View Post
Just got my new phone loving it. Tho there's one problem: when its on low brightness and you look at the screen at certain angles the colours get discoloured, has anybody noticed this?
Probably the PenTile display.
Devices:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Active (ST17i)
Running: Rooted 4.1.B.0.587

Huawei Ascend P1 White
Running Huawei EmotionUI 1.6 B706 (Rooted & Bloatware Cleaned)
Download Firmwares for the Huawei Ascend P1 (U9200)

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i Sensuous Black
Running: Oodie Prime X
Download PC Companion 2.01.217
Download SEUS

Download my firmwares for FlashTool here
My Debranding/Rebranding Guide

danisoufi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sleek, great device with a unique design. Extra ordinary OS, everything is there where you expect it and need it. Simply adorable.

Greycloud
Old
Thanks Meter 4
@Lumia 800 Owners : Out of 16GB how much storage space is available for users for storing music/apps?

anseio
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycloud View Post
@Lumia 800 Owners : Out of 16GB how much storage space is available for users for storing music/apps?
It's actually about 14.9GB and there's about 13GB or so that you can use.

Rusty!
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1748
In addition to that, you can adjust how much of the space is reserved for apps and that with Zune.
Google Nexus 5 on Three UK
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rare Earth
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I bought a Lumia 800 yesterday and I love it. My only gripe is the blockyness of the PenTile display. But I'll learn to live with that.